Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walking Football.

Hi,

I am going to try and set up a walking football team in the Kings Hill area, (near West Malling in Kent), for old gits like me and any who can no longer play regular football.

It is noncontact and a free kick is awarded for anyone doing something as stupid as actually trying to run.

The FA in Kent have had a lot of interest in walking football, and although there is not a league as yet, they are thinking of having a tournament at some point.

Comments

• I saw the Barclay's advert for this and although far too young and spritely *cough* would like to see how it works.

Not near Kings Hill but would be interested in how you get on.
  • Whenever the advert comes on my wife laughs as I'm only 3 years away from qualifying. Desperately trying to prolong playing and have appeared to got over an issue with my ankle that has hampered the last year or so. I'm still shit though!
  • I saw the Barclay's advert for this and although far too young and spritely *cough* would like to see how it works.

Not near Kings Hill but would be interested in how you get on.

I was surprised to see that some clubs have 16 as a starting age - I thought it would be 50. Apparently there are a few playing who are returning from injury or were injured out of the game but still love it.

My son can't wait for the laugh!
  • My mate Brunello would be interested in this but is there an maximum age limit ?
  • Redrobo said:

Hi,

I am going to try and set up a walking football team in the Kings Hill area, (near West Malling in Kent), for old gits like me and any who can no longer play regular football.

It is noncontact and a free kick is awarded for anyone doing something as stupid as actually trying to run.

The FA in Kent have had a lot of interest in walking football, and although there is not a league as yet, they are thinking of having a tournament at some point.

As soon as I think walking football...I think black and white tv, players from the 40s...
  • Shag said:

My mate Brunello would be interested in this but is there an maximum age limit ?

Nope. Think there was a guy on the BBC news that was in his eighties!
  • I know someone who would be really good at this, he goes by the name of Danny Green ...
  • If there could be a couple of rule changes, you could count me.

1) No ball
    2) Rather than walking, you sit on a bar stool
    3) A counter to lean on
    4) Decent beer on the counter

Thinking drinking football, perhaps.

Exactly what I had in mind. Just needed the excuse to be out of the house.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Hi,

What's the minimum age?
  • Chizz said:

Redrobo said:

Hi,

What's the minimum age?
    16 apparently.
  • Mind you, I am 59 and expect most, if not all will be well on the wrong side of 40.
  • Apparently, this was invented by Gary Doherty...........
  • Kings hill you say? What's the minimum age?
  • Well I definitely think there's some digital skills to help you and the guys out...I'll help you set up a facebook page

Thanks, that would be good.
  • i saw the ad and immediately checked online, nothing in the w2 area. would've given it a go.
  • I see the ad and thought it was just a joke for the ad.

So what happens if you run. Do you get booked. I'm sure they run on the advert.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see the ad and thought it was just a joke for the ad.

So what happens if you run. Do you get booked. I'm sure they run on the advert.

Free kick....

and an appointment with a phycologist.
  • Redrobo

Would be interested in that, old git as well so pass the criteria:-)
  • cblock said:

Redrobo

Would be interested in that, old git as well so pass the criteria:-)

Having just failed a trail as a winger in walking football for being too slow, ;(
    I'd be interested if it was in the Kent area.

• The first get together will be at the Kings Hill Sports Park, 200 Beacon Avenue, Kings Hill, ME19 4QP on Sat the 8th Nov at 11am.

I have booked part of the 3g pitch for an hour.

Subs will start at £3 which should be fine as long as we have at least 10 players as Kings Hill FC have agreed to include us under their set up and will supply balls and bibs etc.

Anyone over 16, ladies and men both welcome and there is a bar in the club house which also does food.

If you have not been doing any excercise for a while or over 55, may I suggest you consult your doctor first?
  • You can contact me on redrobbo06@hotmail.com
  • Apparently, this was invented by Gary Doherty...........

In his fitter days no doubt.
  • Bit harsh!

Happy to have him though
  • 1st get together 11am tomorrow at Kings Hill Sports Centre.

Message me if you need more info.

Cheers.