Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Football.

Comments

• Options
    Yo Rob, I can't because Harris trains on a Saturday. Sharon will be up for it though!! She won't be able to be there for a fortnight. Slow walker!!
  • Options
    Went really well and great fun. Felt odd but good getting kit ready last night after 43 years out of the game!

Close game 10-10.

Sharon would be most welcome - we do have a lady that joined and she scored hat trick in first half.

Kent Messenger turned up, but I did have my old Charlton MESH shirt on.

If you are at a lose end, pop along any Sat at 11am.
  • Options

"FREE" Walking football sessions every Saturday 3pm - 5pm starting 24th Jan at CAFC training ground SE9 2JR (indoor dome ) #CACT_FSD

— CACT (@CAFCTrust) January 8, 2015

Something about the times doesn't work for me but otherwise all good
  • Options

"FREE" Walking football sessions every Saturday 3pm - 5pm starting 24th Jan at CAFC training ground SE9 2JR (indoor dome ) #CACT_FSD

— CACT (@CAFCTrust) January 8, 2015

Something about the times doesn't work for me but otherwise all good

What about 11.00 Wednesday Orpington?
  • Options
    In today’s Mirror it is reported that trouble flared in the first five seconds of the Canterbury v Herne Bay walking football team’s match.

It seems a slight rubbing of shoulders was the catalyst that started the trouble, and a firm joining of heads between two players ensued. Tony the ref momentarily forgot his role in the game and joined in with the fracas, before remembering who/where he was and deciding on a shrill one minute blast of his whistle to bring matters to a halt.

After a one hour cooling off period the game restarted and Herne Bay went on to win 3-2.

Us old geezers can’t run and we can’t hide, but we can stand and fight … kinda gratifying to know that.
  • Options

In today’s Mirror it is reported that trouble flared in the first five seconds of the Canterbury v Herne Bay walking football team’s match.

It seems a slight rubbing of shoulders was the catalyst that started the trouble, and a firm joining of heads between two players ensued. Tony the ref momentarily forgot his role in the game and joined in with the fracas, before remembering who/where he was and deciding on a shrill one minute blast of his whistle to bring matters to a halt.

After a one hour cooling off period the game restarted and Herne Bay went on to win 3-2.

Us old geezers can’t run and we can’t hide, but we can stand and fight … kinda gratifying to know that.

I think the game was officially abandoned and they then played a friendly.

My side played Canterbury Monday and you could not meet a nicer bunch of blokes. It is a great game and we are the first County to have a league. Tournements are also held all over Europe. There are teams to suit every level of fitness and it is not all as competitive as the league!

My club have a Saturday morning session for all. The youngest are 14 and the oldest 67. Lots in between in their 30's and 40's who can no longer play because of injuries or lack of speed. Fantastic to play football with your son or daughter. Couple of ladies as well.

Monday evenings are strictly old gits only. Over 50's.

I just wish someone had thought of this years ago.

• Options
    On a less serious note .......

Walking football, what Charlton have played all season.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

On a less serious note .......

Walking football, what Charlton have played all season.

Not quite. We play the ball to feet.
  • Options
    Can I use my walking stick?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can I use my walking stick?

Yes, but only as a goal post.
  • Options
    I'd love to do this. My knees have gone but my touch hasn't. I can still do 200 plus keepy uppies. but an old lady could beat me in a race!
  • Options
    I think I'd prefer Thinking Football.
  • Options

I'd love to do this. My knees have gone but my touch hasn't. I can still do 200 plus keepy uppies. but an old lady could beat me in a race!

Why not give it a go? All you need are trainers at our place as we play on 4g. Turn up and play is £5 and if you like it, monthly is £15. 11am to 12 so plenty of time to get to a home game. PM me if interested.
  • Options
    Not sure where you live but currently doing a free trial at Eltham goals. I do Tuesday morning at 10.30 but there is also one in the evening. Hadn't kicked a ball for about 12 years before but done it twice now and great fun. Wide range of abilities play and friendly crowd. Let me know if you want further details.
  • Options
    Forgot to say, if you are over 50 we do Monday eve as well. 6.30 to 7.30.
  • Options
    Excellent game, as @cafc4life will testify.
  • Options
    Apparently a match between Canterbury & Herne Bay was abandoned after 2 mins. because of a mass brawl.
  • Options

Apparently a match between Canterbury & Herne Bay was abandoned after 2 mins. because of a mass brawl.

Or two players having an argument over a shoulder charge. Ref stormed off so they had a friendly.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I live in Hertfordshire - looking for something local.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just an aside, I'm playing for the CACT Walking Football team tomorrow in a mini tournament at Craven Cottage on the pitch. Orient and Wimbledon are going to be there, I assume Fulham too!

Loving the game and realising on most occasions Walking Football is jogging football.
  • Options
    See you there Kap but if we really are playing 7 matches it will be crawling football by the end for some of us I fear!
  • Options
    Kings Hill Tournament (near Maidstone) on Saturday 18th June. +50 and +60 teams. £16 a team. Let me know if interested.
  • Options
    redman said:

See you there Kap but if we really are playing 7 matches it will be crawling football by the end for some of us I fear!

You've seen me play, its crawling football from the start :-)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Kings Hill Tournament (near Maidstone) on Saturday 18th June. +50 and +60 teams. £16 a team. Let me know if interested.

I'll mention it to the CACT guy who organises it and see if he can get a team together.
  • Options
    It's only just caught on?

Balotelli has been playing it for years.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Had to do a double take on the thread title.
  • Options

Had to do a double take on the thread title.

No high fives after a good finish in that version of the game.
  • Options
    Redmidland is keen to join an over 85s team, preferably with rolling subs so he can keep going off for a pi** ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Redrobo said:

Can you pm me details I'll talk to the lads on Tuesday and see if we can get a team