Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Charlton - Post Match Thread 2014/15

Comments

• I heard Delort has put in a transfer request at Wigan, he wants to come to Charlton.
  • Gutted Jacko loses dunk for the second
  • masicat said:

No clean sheets and no away wins !!
    Undefeated and scored in every game !!

Cut it any way you want.

Spot on masicat. We are 5 points from top and 2 points from mid-table.

IMO its not worth making any conclusions until at least 10 games played.

Still its looking much more positive than last year.
  • Wasn't at the game but from what's being said so far it sounds very much like we are better than we were last season.
    So I can't understand why there is such negativity in some posts?
    A house divided against itself cannot stand - 100% positivity is necessary!
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014

Wasn't at the game but from what's being said so far it sounds very much like we are better than we were last season.

Why does everyone have to be 100% positive ? This is not the Moonies or North Korea !
  • edited August 2014

Personally thought a draw was deserved, poor defending for the 2nd goal but otherwise a solid performance..comment on games you have watched fella
  • vff said:

Wasn't at the game but from what's being said so far it sounds very much like we are better than we were last season.

Why does everyone have to be 100% positive ? This is not the Moonies or North Korea !
    You must be aware of our failings, but stay positive we can improve. Certainly better than last season
  • I think you are right Scoham, Church playing alongside Igor to assist and hope for the odd goal, He was never a prolific scorer, but always works hard
  • Scoham said:

Went to the game. Brighton had a lot of possession, especially in the first half. Didn't always do a lot with it, but I hope in time we improve ourselves when it comes to keeping the ball. Creating chances when we do have the ball seems to be less of an issue - what a difference a goalscorer makes. There were 2/3 chances I can remember in the second half in which a better final ball was needed, again hopefully that improves in time.

Pleased for Church, set up our second goal and surprisingly won a few a headers. A decent performance from him. Never the answer as a goalscorer but playing alongside Vetokele and in a better team he might offer something if we don't manage to bring a striker in. It takes the pressure off him and he can be the one linking the play, holding up the ball etc. While he's not the greatest at that side of the game, it's got to suit him more than playing alongside someone like Yann leaving him as the one expected to score goals.

It's great that we always look like we can score goals, a big improvement on last season, but it's still frustrating that we still can't keep a clean sheet. Saying that we've played sides that you'd expect to at least challenge for the play-offs. I'm not sure we have found our strongest side yet, and it'll be interesting to see what Bulot has to offer.

More to come from this team, that was a big improvement on the last time we played at the Amex, and we were more threatening going forward than the time before that.

Good shout
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited August 2014
    ross1 said:

vff said:

You must be aware of our failings, but stay positive we can improve. Certainly better than last season
    I think you mean people in general, not you, meaning me @ross1. I don't largely disagree with what you are saying.

I am just commenting that not everyone has to be 100% positive. This is not 'Brave New World' and everyone has to take soma (happiness pills / Brave New World) with happiness as a mandatory state.

It would be a rubbish forum if everyone agreed and had to present 100% positivity.
  • vff said:

ross1 said:

vff said:

I think you mean people in general, not you, meaning me @ross1. I don't largely disagree with what you are saying. I am just commenting that not everyone has to be 100% positive. It would be a rubbish forum if everyone agreed and had to present 100% positivity.
    Yes, I mean everybody, not just you, and I was agreeing, you can't be 100% positive even if we were top of Premier, there are always room for improvement, just being realistic
  • edited August 2014

Happy with a point and still unbeaten---when the Bermondsey Pikeys actually play a decent team they loose end of
  • Thank you Leaburn, a good summary for those who wasn't there
  • Did look like a dive from Church to me if I'm honest.
  • At the game, thought we played a classic away team performance, defending well and catching them on the break. Igor was excellent and his composure for the second goal was a joy to see. Well done to Church for making it as well. THought Brighton's no 17 (Teixeira?) was excellent, noticed he kept switching sides to try against Solly or Wiggins. For all his industry, they didn't get a lot of end product and while I thought that Brighton would definitely score, it's telling that the 2nd was from a corner. They had loads more corners than us, and possession. Henderson made an excellent save early on, and I thought Buyens was commanding today.

Thought our fans were very vocal, just under 2k there. Brighton very quiet until their second goal. Enjoyed the stadium, as we came from Seaford on the train (staying with relatives) the price doesn't seem so high. Hung around for a beer afterwards and they showed highlights in the concourse which was a nice touch. Got the train just before 6 and it wasn't too crowded on the station.
  • I have to say the save from Henderson just after we scored was outstanding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Feck the football elvis is alive

On other issues great goalscorer igor I hope he stays fit

Unbeaten in the league still and scoring goals

• Just got it. Sitting low in the stand behind he goal is not the best view to give an objective opinion of the performance. To be honest I think a draw is he most we deserved so I will happily take it. We had two shots on target and scored both. What a finisher Igor is proving to be. Does his fair share of work off the ball too.

Thought Brighton were the better team. Very neat and spread the ball wide quickly. However, in the first half Henderson had one save to make. Our passing was not great and this invited pressure,

Second half the game opened up a little. Church actually gave us more of an outlet an Tucudean and he did ok. Brighton had a fair number of corners and eventually scored from one. Then, somehow, we went ahead again. Vetokele twisted and turned before prodding home. Again Brighton came at us. Then the equaliser. This is where zonal marking worries me. We cleared the initial corner but then the ball was played wide again, what happens now? As players move out to close the cross down surely you go man to man? We didn't and Dunk had a free header.

Performance wise Cousin was off the pace as was Tucudean. Bikey made some unforced errors. Thought Buyens looked decent but again was hard to get a great view of individual performances

Enjoyable game though, however I think Brighton will be above us come the end of the season.
  • I don't expect us to win promotion but I think Roland should definitely invest more if we are in this position in January, I think we just look like a club that is more driven which is making up for our deficiencies like our defence and lack of depth. We have a decent squad but if we are in with a shout in a few months time then surely a quality player or two could push us over the line, just checked the fixture list and asides from some harder games in September, it gets quite easy for us and we could definitely get a good run going
  • Did look like a dive from Church to me if I'm honest.

I thought it was a pen myself!
  • ross1 said:

Thank you Leaburn, a good summary for those who wasn't there

This
  • Just back, gutted not to have held on but tbh Brighton had all the possession and would've been hard done by if they lost.

Igor was fantastic again, Church did well when he came on. Slight concern for me is we didn't keep the ball well today and still no clean sheet. Great start though and I hope we can bring some extra quality in on Monday as we could be in with a great shout of the play offs