Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Charlton - Post Match Thread 2014/15

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Gutting. Absolutely gutting as 3 points turned into 1 in the 94th minute.

However, it shows the steps forward we have made that we are so disappointing with only drawing with Brighton away.

Look forward to hearing from those there.

Comments

• It shows we need another striker just in case Igor gets injured
  • Disappointed that we didn't hold on but the Amex is a difficult place to get a result. Would have taken a point before the match. Onwards and upwards ...
  • Good Result IMO! Still unbeaten, Vetokele has ice in his veins, played against top sides and still haven't lost!
    Can't win them all can we, also I am slightly worried that without Vetokele we may lack someone up front who can bag goals, but the window isn't closed yet
  • I'd be interested to know who, out of those teams above us, have played more home than away?

At this stage in the season, playing more away than home can and does skew the table.

Gutting we couldn't hold the lead. Happened five times this season now and it needs to be sorted out.
  • Still 6th but mighty Watford next week gonna need a big crowd for support.
  • @MountsfieldPark‌ suggested on the match thread that Igor could be up for Championship player of the month.
    Great shout IMHO.
  • I guess this is how Huddersfield felt last week.
    This team is better than last year.
    Onto the next game.
  • Absolutely gutting. But 9 points from our start is solid. Hands up anyone who thought we'd start this well? There will be very few. At 1-1 in the past we would have folded. Instead we took the lead again.
    Just obviously need to work on defending corners!! Not there but was it zonal marking again?
  • Sponsored links:

• We scored one last week conceded one this week (late goal before the buffoons ask), good point as Brighton are a decent side...both headers though and we do have good height at the back...would have taken a draw before the game but shows how we have improved since the debacle in April.
  • Absolutely gutted, that goal cost me many multiples of 90/1 but in fairness it does sound like a fair result from following on here.
  • Watford and Wolves double header at home after the international break.

It doesn't get any easier.
  • who would have taken 9 points and remain unbeaten from this lot?:

Brentford a
    Wigan h
    Derby h
    Hudds a
    Brighton a......

with a new team, new coach etc.

always gutting to concede so late but we've done it x2 already this season, that's how it goes.

still excited about this season especially if a new striker comes in.
  • edited August 2014
    A point at Brighton is a very respectable result, but when you lead twice away from home, you should see it out.

Points dropped now from winning positions at Brentford and Brighton and a point rescued vs 10 men at Huddersfield so another away game we could/should have won.

It hints at the potential we have, but also maybe hints there is an Achilles heal too. As AFKA says, we've come a long way from last season, but I hope we don't end up being the team that misses out because of too many drawn games. That said, on the balance of play we could have easily lost today and at Hudds, so overall I'm very happy with the start we've made, and no team wins every week, but there's clearly some potentially huge rewards if we figure out how to finish the job away from home.
  • Very pleased that we've got an exceptionally good goalscorer, game-changer in Igor. Worried at the same time that we'll be struggling if he ever gets injured.
  • @MountsfieldPark‌ suggested on the match thread that Igor could be up for Championship player of the month.
    Great shout IMHO.

Grabban at Norwich or Assombalonga (or whatever his name is) at Forest I reckon
  • Not at the game but just an observation. Their centre half scores from two set plays. Normally the forwards mark the centre halves, but our forward line is quite short, so work needs to be done on the training ground around how we defend their defenders coming forward for set plays. Overall happy with a point although disappointed with the late goal. Two difficult home games, Watford and Wolves to come after the international break. Having seen us beat Wigan and Derby, hoping for the same against these two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't there but sounded like we were crap and lucky again. Despite being undefeated i am starting to think we are not all that.

Brighton have just won 3 on the trot.

I think you have to take the quality of the opposition into account.

• Win the home games don't lose the away and we will be alright!
  • edited August 2014
    It has to be a point gained. They have won their last few and are hitting form and will be up there around the top 6. Okay, we need to do better defensively. Looking at the possession and the goal attempts they deserved a point at least but can understand people being gutted by the manner of the late goal. Still think we are miles better this year and in Igor we have a gem!

For those with negative views, a question for you. How many games has this team played together? Surely you have to give this team 20-25 games to become a cohesive unit. Or maybe you are just craving the boredom and shite hoofball that we were playing last season? I know which I prefer!
  • Wasn't there but sounded like we were crap and lucky again. Despite being undefeated i am starting to think we are not all that.

Hahaha.
    Great shout IMHO.

Grabban at Norwich or Assombalonga (or whatever his name is) at Forest I reckon
    Fair point, but you've got to think Igor has a chance.
  • Bikey is an absolute monster
  • We'll be play offs imo, solid away performance against a strong team.
  • I'm flying off to Tahiti today and at 2-1 I was thinking, "this really is a perfect day". But, there's always something round the corner. However, all things considered, not too shabby. I'm happy with a point on reflection. COYR!!
  • Marking for their equaliser absolutely non-existent