Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BWP in the US of A

First English player to score hat trick in MLS

Comments

• First English player to score hat trick in MLS

Anything Sordell can do, BWP can do better!
  • Almost forgot about BWP. At least he was a goal scorer, that was his game.

Struggles when short of confidence but would try and make up for it by working hard.
  • he's better than anything we currently have, should never have got rid of him

edit: I mean BWP NOT Lloyd Sam !!!!

Applies to both
  • Bover playing in that game as well
  • Ruben Bover put the ball in the net before the pen as well.
  • great gesture from henry to let bwp take the pen for his hat... would take him back anyday but saying that he's no church! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Lloyd Sam would be a big improvement on our current side

Most hilarious thing I've seen on here all week.
  • edited April 2014
    Lloyd Sam wasn't good enough for us in League One, which is why we binned him off.

Jordan Cousins may not be a natural right winger but at least he provides energy and is an assured player on the ball. Same can't be said of lazy Lloyd.
  • Always liked BWP, he looks full of confidence and his runs were great, good luck to him.
  • cafctom said:

Lloyd Sam wasn't good enough for us in League One, which is why we binned him off.

Jordan Cousins may not be a natural right winger but at least he provides energy and is an assured player on the ball. Same can't be said of lazy Lloyd.

fair dos. i agree he never came anywhere near to fulfilling his potential as he has really good tekkers lloyd in terms of controlling a football. i just thought you were a bit harsh on paulsturgess lol, i think its reasonable to say that LS would improve the current side, its not a ridiculous view.
  • Dear god that's a combination of terrible defending and terrible commentary. Henry looks like he never breaks into a sprint in the entire game. "Wow look at Henry looking up to see where the player in the box is, what brilliant awareness" urrm...

Would love to have Henry's life right now. Paid millions a year to jog around and look fancy and be treated like a soccer god.
  • I reckon Dailly & Doherty could do a job for Houston :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Just shows how poor the MLS is.

The ball spent a lot more time on the floor than a lot of our games this season
  • The defending is abysmal.

Poor reffing for the penalty decision, why not just let the play go on another 2 seconds?

Fair play to BWP though, title winning hero for us and always good to see decent ex-Charlton men doing well.
  • That defending was worse than we saw in L1. Not holding the lines, crap marking, letting the striker get in front of you on crosses.

Fair play to BWP and glad he's scoring (albeit below his level imo) but there's no way I'd want him back unless we were back in L1.

Lloyd Sam back too? No thanks.
  • That defending is not representative of MLS as a whole I'd say. I watch it whenever there is a live game on BT Sport/ESPN. Would have the standard ranked as lower-mid Championship when you consider there are some L1 players (the likes of BWP and Lloyd Sam) mixing it up with Prem level players (Henry, Cahill, Cudicini, Keane, Dempsey).
  • Just looked on the salary details for MLS.

Ruben Bover is on $36,000 a year compared to Defoe who's on $6.5m
  • Defoe is a touch better though...
  • cafctom said:

That defending is not representative of MLS as a whole I'd say. I watch it whenever there is a live game on BT Sport/ESPN. Would have the standard ranked as lower-mid Championship when you consider there are some L1 players (the likes of BWP and Lloyd Sam) mixing it up with Prem level players (Henry, Cahill, Cudicini, Keane, Dempsey).

henry, cahill, keane and dempsey are all a lot slower now though. Cahill, Keane and Dempsey were beginning to struggle in the prem by the time they left.
  • Addicted said:

Defoe is a touch better though...

of course but it was Bovers salary that surprised me. I know quality of life is better but £25k a year for a pro footballer is conference salary.
  • Its amazing how little they earn out there if they are just a regular player. The avergae is about $50,000.

Yet the attendances at the games are decent. Seattle Sounders are capable of pulling in 50,000+ for big games.
  • Addicted said:

Defoe is a touch better though...

of course but it was Bovers salary that surprised me. I know quality of life is better but £25k a year for a pro footballer is conference salary.
    yeah me too. nothing id rather do then get paid to play football but not sure id fancy that wage, where does 25K a year get you in the States?

my pal played for St Louis college and then into the feeder league for MLS which is the Premier Development League. he gave it up because he could earn double the base salary working in an office. you simply would not get that in England!