Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP in the US of A

124»

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Living in Deptford looking over to canary wharf or living in new Jersey looking over to manhattan, getting to play up front with Paul Hayes or Thierry Henry, being a bit part player for a mediocre team in the championship or being one of the biggest stars in the league, no contest in my eyes.

Getting all the New York totty...

He must be laughing when he looks back at his Charlton days.
  • Options

Crazy how popular BWP and Sam are out there.

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/dare2bwp

He has just opened the scoring v Toronto FC, good on you Bradley.

Bover scored his first MLS goal (and the game winner) in the match Saturday as well.
  • Options
    Bradley is now 2 goals away from tying the MLS single season record with 2 games to play.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Rothko said:

All MLS salaries are published http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/April 1, 2014 Salary Information - Alphabetical.pdf

BWP is on $372,000, Sam $136,500 and Bover is on $36,500

Henry as a designated player earns $4.35m

Excuse me but just jumped into this thread.

So BWP is on about £4k pw - would he not have been able to do as well or better here? Sorry if this has been dissected in the pages I've not yet read.
    Could be a rare case where playing regularly became more important. He is actually a really decent guy from meeting him a couple times, glad hes doing well
  • Options
    plus I bet they pay for his apartment so no rent and probably other perks. Oh, and well done Bradders you deserve it.
  • Options
    Would be really interesting to see if a champ club tried to tempt him back, how he'd get on.
    Still don't think he was given a big enough chance in our championship team.
  • Options
    In the Championship he would score a hatful of goals if he was coming over in incredible form. However, as soon as he would have a few off games he would drop off drastically and become ineffective.

The sort of player who really is hit or miss depending on his confidence.
  • Options
    If I were him I'd stay right there , obviously adored by the fans and doing well.
  • Options
    Really pleased for Bradley. Great achievement in his first season in the US. Will be interesting to see if takes a loan move to another club prior to the start of the MLS season in March 2015.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it up there might be a loan move to a premier league club in a year or so...
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if working with a player like Henry regularly has improved him hugely.

Would take him back in a second, but doubt he'd want to move.
  • Options
    Another 2 goals for BWP their play off game tonight.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Another 2 goals for BWP their play off game tonight.

and Dom Dwyer scored Kansas goal.

Bradders is proper on fire. All that money they spend on Henry and Bradley's the man.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2014
    image.
  • Options
    The header for the winner is fantastic
  • Options
    He's no Chris Dickson
  • Options
    Love Brad.
    Great striker and a good guy to boot, pleased to see him doing well over there!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Good on him.

I know he had his critics. I always had a soft spot for him, and never slagged him off. I think he left at the right time, he needed a new start, as it seemed he put himself under too much pressure to score.

Now he is playing with better players, & seems to be enjoying himself. I'm happy for the bloke. Go on Bradders!
  • Options
    I wonder if he will get a loan move after the season is finished? Plenty of clubs will be interested
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

I wonder if he will get a loan move after the season is finished? Plenty of clubs will be interested

We certainly won't be one of them.. doesn't fit Rolands profile..
  • Options
    GOAL: @MrLloydSam to @ThierryHenry to @TheRealBWP for the goal in the 40th minute! 1-0 #NYvDC
  • Options
    2 goals so far tonight for NYRB, Sam with the other, they are thriving in the MLS at the moment, and I for one am happy for both of them
  • Options
    Good for them
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Flicking between the Bulls /Revs game and the Red Sox/Yankees. Went to USA v Haiti last night and witnessed two teams play without wingers. Very odd.
  • Options
    I see SWP is currently training with red bulls as well. Great to see Bradley doing so well , lovely fella.
  • Options
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I post a Robbie Keane goal he scored across the pond.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvuxA5gXg4
  • Options
    BWP doing well after retirement 

New programme started last week MLS360 basically like MLS version of BTSport score for the champions league games, were they have a presenter and 3 pundits in the studio and show all the major action from live games

Was pretty good last week

3 former player pundits are
    BWP
    Sacha Kljestan(also played for NYRB as well as Orlando and LA Galaxy)
    Kaylyn Kyle (former Canadian womens national team player)
  • Options
    It’s a good programme I’ve been enjoying it so far. 

Get it free this season with my mobile phone contract which is great.
  • Options
    Intresting they were talking about how a player feels to be a substitute on the show today and BWP said thats what made his decision to retire.

He said he couldn't cope with being a sub and playing bits of games wanted to play from the start and when he realised that wasnt gonna happen he retired