Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options

No. But just 'won' the opportunity to purchase tickets for 2 days at Lords in July v India. Lucky us!

I'm not surprised. Me & my mates applied for tickets for days 1-4.

So far we've got tickets for days 1,3 & 4 :-)
  • Options

No. But just 'won' the opportunity to purchase tickets for 2 days at Lords in July v India. Lucky us!

I'm not surprised. Me & my mates applied for tickets for days 1-4.

So far we've got tickets for days 1,3 & 4 :-)
    Must admit, after their performances this winter, and also the fact that both Lords and Oval decided not to give us any tickets from the ballot for last years Ashes (in favour of Aussies, after 8 continuous years of going to Lords and Oval), we have decided to make a stand this year and in protest, (against both events), not apply this year, and will be keeping our 75 squid each in our sky-rockets and not in some Yarpie's pocket who doesnt really give-a-damn. I'm sure i'm not alone.- maybe thats why it seems much easier to get tickets for the ballot this year.?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That might be why we've got £630's worth so far for Lords :-)

We got 4 for The Oval as well.

A total of £869 !
  • Options

Anyone getting up at 3am to see if England can lose their 10th game (which equals the worst ever run) on the trot ?

I will get up at about 5.00 and try to enjoy the remainder of the "match".

• Options

That might be why we've got £630's worth so far for Lords :-)

We got 4 for The Oval as well.

A total of £869 !

Kinnell, thats a lot of money to watch the 5th best team in the world. If the ICC's plan comes off to have 2 division Test leagues, then England will be in the same league as Bangla,NZ,and SL.
    Its a huge amount of money to watch England. A couple of seasons ago i went to Newlands in Cape Town to watch SA v Eng and it was the equivalent of 15 pounds to get in.
    No more, its just got out of control now, and the less that ENgland perform the less that people will be prepared to pay for it.
  • Options
    I got fed up watching England's so called cricket last summer, even before this winters debacle. I have no intention of going to Lords or the Oval for probably the first time since 1970.
  • Options
    I wont be getting up at 3am, as I'll just stay up & not go to bed in the first place. Hopefully this time we will bat 2nd so I can then go to bed and get up at 7.30 am to watch us bat.(its good working from home !)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We made 316-8, to be honest should have been at least 340. No one has ever chased 300+ and won at The WACA before but until last Friday no one had chased 300+ to win at The Gabba.
  • Options
    A very respectable 316-8 from England with Buttler's 71 off 43 being the highlight. And good to see Johnson (0-72) getting a hammering too.

Bad news is that all four previous occasions we've got 300 plus we've lost!
  • Options
    I wouldn't really call it respectable considering where we were after 20 overs and 40 overs. The whole innings just fizzled out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England 316-8 (50).
    Aus 52-1 (9).
  • Options
    74-1 (15).
    Tredwell 0-6 off 2 overs.
  • Options
    129-2 (25).
    Need 188 off 150.
  • Options
    Need to get Finch out.
  • Options
    132-3 from 26 overs
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Need to get Finch out.

Too true, 90* from 90 balls.

145-3 (28).
    172/132.
  • Options
    Think the Convicts are favourites 7 wickets in hand and our morale low.
  • Options
    WICKET - Smith c Buttler b Broad 19 (Aus 174-4)
  • Options
    178 /4 (33).
    139 off 102.
  • Options
    Finch gone 124 needed off 14
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    199/5 (37)
    118/78.
  • Options
    211/5 (38)
    106/72.
  • Options
    222/5 (39)
    95/66.
  • Options
    I'm gonna stick my neck out , we're gonna WIN this #FACT
  • Options
    Wicket maiden for Stokes.

222-6 (40).
    95/60.
  • Options
    WICKET! It's @benstokes38 again! Faulkner nicks to @josbuttler and England are close... 230/7 #ausveng
  • Options
    231/7 (42).
    86/48.
  • Options
    242/8 (44)
    75/36.
  • Options
    Surely we can't lose now!
  • Options

Surely we can't lose now!

oh ffs chris, don't say that!