Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 31st August 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• aliwibble said:
    Well our chances of winning today are doomed...

No chance are we going to be able to take advantage of Huddersfield losing!!
    I'm disappointed in you FA, thought you had more nous...🙄
    He's trying a bit of reverse psychology I think.
    'course..😉
  • edited August 31
    Pleased to see CAFC go with Godden, Aneke and Kanu on the bench. Sends a positive message.
    REG can cover the defence, Campbell and Anderson the midfield and perm any 2 from 3 up front from 65 minutes or earlier if needs must with Chuks, Matt or Daniel.

Let's be pro active today and a better performance than Wigan away but with the same positive result.
  • Nice to hear the travelling Addicks giving it large already in the stadium...
  • Coventry sounds so laid back in that interview he's in danger or falling over...🙄
  • Would be nice to see some more goals from strikers now Godden has shown how its done but would happily take another rope-a-dope, late goals win to nil if offered.
  • edited August 31
    aliwibble said:

Nah I do agree with what posters were saying yesterday on what was another excellent Match Preview

Do think that Reading will need to be ahead by the 70th minute, as their lack of options will see them struggle to deal with our own fitness.

Would be typical Charlton not to win when a "rival" has dropped points though
  • edited August 31
    Nothing to see here
  • Got the Reading commentary on IPTV at the moment. Quite amusing as one person text in to their commentary saying our Goalkeeper looks dodgy... Rooted to the line, and is reluctant to lift his arms
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:
    Huddersfields long unbeaten run comes to an end 
    How many unbeaten runs have they had since we beat them years ago.
  • Away end looks impressive...👍
  • edited August 31
    Out come the teams...

Reading... in their white and blue striped shirt... Charlton... looking like a bunch of lemons
  • Out come the teams...

Reading... in their white and blue striped shirt... Charlton... looking like a bunch of lemons
    That's fine, long as they don't play like them...🙄
  • Hopefully that'll be the only time this afternoon that they do.

• Away end busy, home end rather sparse. 
  • So looks like we will be kicking towards our end second half, just like being at home...
  • lolwray said:
    Huddersfields long unbeaten run comes to an end 
    No it won’t count as Rotherham scored in injury time, so it was a draw😀
    Result after 90 mins counts.

Huddersfield still unbeaten, a run that goes back to 30 years prior to the formation of the Football League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Away end busy, home end rather sparse. 
    We’ll feel right at home then 
  • Bromley 1-0
  • aliwibble said:

Nah I do agree with what posters were saying yesterday on what was another excellent Match Preview

Do think that Reading will need to be ahead by the 70th minute, as their lack of options will see them struggle to deal with our own fitness.

Would be typical Charlton not to win when a "rival" has dropped points though

Thus is a new Charlton under Merlin the Magician.

Three points incoming.
  • Good work down the left, to keep the ball in play (looked very tight), but the Lino let us play on.

We tried to switch over to the right, buts its gone for a Goal Kick
  • Lot of pressure on the edge of our area from Reading, they just cant get the final pass with Charlton defending strongly in numbers
  • Quick start from Reading, closing down early on, but we are ok at the moment, let them tire out
  • lol!... Kirk gives us a FK for a pull on Adahme mid way in our half, just as their comms were bemoaning the referee for ignoring a similar incident on their player moments beforehand
  • Hmm... Free Kick to Reading on half way, after Docherty challenged in the air for the ball
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!