Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter at Bromley Addicks

Comments

• This coming Thursday
  • Well, unless win v Rovers on Tuesday I can see Thursday night at Bromley Addicks with Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter being interesting.
  • Well, unless win v Rovers on Tuesday I can see Thursday night at Bromley Addicks with Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter being interesting.
    Charlie might have to wear brown trousers instead of his usual red or yellow ones. 
  • Is there any example of people coming out of these meetings and not saying how impressed / reassured / encouraged they are? I suppose KM’s expanded fans’ forum in 2015, but she was probably a special case.

I’m not blaming fans because it’s rarely appropriate or possible to ask and follow up hard questions when people are “giving up their time” (presumably unlike supporters), but I think they are easy meat for directors etc. 

Then there are the actual outcomes on the pitch and in the stands.

There was the infamous one that Richard Murray spoke at where he said that "caretaker" boss Phil Parkinson was going to be sacked imminently.......and then  promptly made him permanent manager. 

It may be if a follow up question can be given to Methven.
  • I have been to plenty of Bromley meetings and been unimpressed with a few of the guests in the past few years.  Still found the evening enlightening and worthwhile so not a criticism of Bromley Addicks, I hope to be along on the 3rd.

• Am looking forward to going to this. A lot of questions to be asked about the future of this club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Doubt I’ll be able to make this, unfortunately.

Would love to know what the realistic plans for The Valley is going forward. Would love to know why no one in any kind of position identified the glaring lack of creativity and whether this is an urgent priority to be addressed.

Can see Methven really using as much PR skills as possible though without really giving a clear answer to some questions. 
  • Am looking forward to going to this. A lot of questions to be asked about the future of this club. 
    Questions are fine. Answers however….🙂
  • Think more searching questions should be levelled at Jones at this point tbh. It's not like he's not had the backing
  • Gribbo said:
    Think more searching questions should be levelled at Jones at this point tbh. It's not like he's not had the backing
    I agree. But someone could, indirectly, by asking Charlie about our transfer and wages budget for this season compared with Wrexham's. (Forget Birmingham, it's a grotesque aberration). Charlie may try to deflect by saying that actual fees  and wages can never be known, but in truth he has a spreadsheet which gives him a very good idea.

Ask him, somebody, please. 
    I’m sure he believed our budget was around the 4th highest, he talked about the breakdown of our income and spend on a recent YouTube interview.

This one I think: https://youtu.be/9sk77BnfkN0?si=-Zqw-UfSB3HGaQna
  • Sage said:
    Doubt I’ll be able to make this, unfortunately.

Would love to know what the realistic plans for The Valley is going forward. Would love to know why no one in any kind of position identified the glaring lack of creativity and whether this is an urgent priority to be addressed.

Can see Methven really using as much PR skills as possible though without really giving a clear answer to some questions. 
    I think he's well within his rights to say that they feel they've supported the manager, and cover themselves by saying the manager still nas the backing of the board
  • Is there any example of people coming out of these meetings and not saying how impressed / reassured / encouraged they are? I suppose KM’s expanded fans’ forum in 2015, but she was probably a special case.

I’m not blaming fans because it’s rarely appropriate or possible to ask and follow up hard questions when people are “giving up their time” (presumably unlike supporters), but I think they are easy meat for directors etc. 

Isn’t the issue that in these types of meetings people usually have to submit questions through a ‘top table’ of the organisers who filter things, rather than direct two way conversations happening?
    Question and answer sessions can mean attendees have a very passive role, where a ding dong debate might be more revealing.
  • seth plum said:
    Is there any example of people coming out of these meetings and not saying how impressed / reassured / encouraged they are? I suppose KM’s expanded fans’ forum in 2015, but she was probably a special case.

Isn’t the issue that in these types of meetings people usually have to submit questions through a ‘top table’ of the organisers who filter things, rather than direct two way conversations happening?
    Question and answer sessions can mean attendees have a very passive role, where a ding dong debate might be more revealing.
    That is not what occurs at Bromley meetings, has happened at previous club organised events
  • edited September 29
    I think the problem is closer to this: I get asked questions by other councillors at our council meetings, some of them politically hostile. As leader I am immersed in what goes on to a far greater extent than any of the people asking questions. I know a lot more than they do by virtue of being leader. I have a team of people working under me. They don’t. Other things being equal I am always in a strong position to reply. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    seth plum said:
    Is there any example of people coming out of these meetings and not saying how impressed / reassured / encouraged they are? I suppose KM’s expanded fans’ forum in 2015, but she was probably a special case.

That is not what occurs at Bromley meetings, has happened at previous club organised events
    That is why I said ‘usually’.
    I have never been to a Bromley meeting, I certainly wouldn’t be welcome there for a very specific reason, and I wouldn’t attend for a very specific reason.
    If people like going to a Bromley meeting then good for them.
    No vegan options?
    I don’t know if there is food offered at a Bromley meeting.
  • edited September 29
    seth plum said:

Probably why the questions get "filtered", because some people go to these things intent of having a ding dong, regardless if it's called for or not. Reckon this would also make it hard to find people from the club to appear at these types of events, if they are just run as a free for all.
  • Sage said:
    Doubt I’ll be able to make this, unfortunately.

Can see Methven really using as much PR skills as possible though without really giving a clear answer to some questions
     To be fair to him, he's consistently said he's not the football man and he's left that side of it to people who know best.
    What we really need is Andy Scott In attendance to explain the successive process of god awful transfer windows.
    Suppose you could ask Methven why the blokes still here?
    In the summer window Jones chose the players. From the current showing, it might have been better to leave it to Andy Scott 
  • Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:

Probably why the questions get "filtered", because some people go to these things intent of having a ding dong, regardless if it's called for or not. Reckon this would also make it hard to find people from the club to appear at these types of events, if they are just run as a free for all.
    Can you recall the various meetings over the years that have descended into ding dongs?
    People who attend might be reluctant to agree to do so if it is a free for all, does that mean that prior to such meetings the organisers communicate with the guests asking what their wishes and red lines are, and reassure them that their wishes will be obeyed and red lines not crossed?

• My questions would be, why do we need both Rodwell and Scott on the football side and what do Warrick and Elliot actually do? Is this set-up providing value for money?
    Good question, come along and ask it