Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter at Bromley Addicks

Comments

• A question about ACA Football Partners would be nice. Whether they're still funding or have they pulled out? 
    On the list
  • Dizzle said:
    Hoping to make it home in time to make this. Will be on my own though
    Any chance of asking the question I posed on this thread yesterday mate? No worries if not.
  • On my way now, I have my own questions in mind, but I don't mind asking for someone if it's an important question. 

I.e., I'm not willing to ask what Charlie Methvens favourite football chant is. :) 
    A Palace fan hanging on a string.

Anything else he's an imposter 
  • I’d be very interested in knowing more about the recruitment process. Are they using their own bespoke data for scouting, or is the data outsourced from a provider like Statsbomb, Wyscout, or Hudl? Additionally, how much weight is given to the manager’s personal preference in bringing in players from previous teams?

It’s concerning that we’ve seen multiple ex-Luton players come in this summer. It suggests recruitment is overly weighted toward players Jones has worked with before, which narrows the recruitment pool. This feels like an outdated approach, particularly for a team that needs to be more innovative and efficient with its spending if we are to improve. I’d like to see a long-term vision.

I’m sure they’ll keep their cards close to their chest, but based on this window, I don’t think anyone’s rushing to steal their secrets.
    Not necessarily the concerning thing for me, what does worry me is just how average the majority of our signings seem to be. This is going back years now. 
  • Hope they turn up and you give these clowns a hard time.
    Hoping they are asked some hard and probing questions rather than being given a hard time.

You catch more with honey than you do with vinegar. 
    What you trying to catch? surely we want answers to the calamitous transfer dealings that have gone on, amongst many other things.

Not the normal arse licking that tends to go on at these type of things.
    I can’t recall you ever attending a Bromley meeting.
  • Can't attend tonight, wish I could. Be great if they could be asked about the food and drinks / service, and if it will ever improve. 
  • Chunes said:
    Can't attend tonight, wish I could. Be great if they could be asked about the food and drinks / service, and if it will ever improve. 
    The answer is always yes and the outcome is always no.
    I suppose we have been asking about it for 10+ years with no real change.
  • Chunes said:
    Can't attend tonight, wish I could. Be great if they could be asked about the food and drinks / service, and if it will ever improve. 
    Ain't that the truth 
  • Sponsored links:

Hoping they are asked some hard and probing questions rather than being given a hard time.

You catch more with honey than you do with vinegar. 
    What you trying to catch? surely we want answers to the calamitous transfer dealings that have gone on, amongst many other things.

Not the normal arse licking that tends to go on at these type of things.
    Then come along and ask the questions youself.

Calling the people at the meeting "arse lickers" is exactly what I meant about Honey and Vinegar.

Insulting people doesn't make them think "yeah, I'll make a point of asking that person's question for them" where as polite request might
    Don’t get your cardigan in a twist, didn’t accuse anybody at this meeting, if you actually read the comment properly. I can’t come if I could I would , get off your high horse.
  • edited October 3
    Would’ve liked to come to this if I was local, I’m sure someone will ask about the return of Parkes but imagine not much can be said anyway 
  • Does anyone question Jones about his team selection and formation ie why was Mitchell dropped?
  • Are there any more things they haven’t yet ‘monetised’ from the fans perspective?

or can we just have some improvement without cost?
  • Chunes said:
    May be Charlie will take notice as the loss of revenue affects all owners and being in the pub game himself he could find a solution. Getting some capable staff would be a good start. 
  • Hal1x said:
    Does anyone question Jones about his team selection and formation ie why was Mitchell dropped?
    Reading today’s articles by Richard Cawley I would suggest at least he does
  • Would be good to know how it is deemed that not keeping May and Dobson and CBT and 'replacing' them with far inferior/ inadequate players is deemed a good move.

What is the plan now that the 888 nonsense has gone out the window. 

I'm sure they'll throw Jones under the bus (& to be fair it was his decision re Alfie as far as we know) by saying that all out going & incoming transfers have to be approved by the manager & we fully back the manager blah blah blah
  • shirty5 said:
    Hal1x said:
    Does anyone question Jones about his team selection and formation ie why was Mitchell dropped?
    I meant anyone on the SMT.

I think you guys attending tonight will struggle to come up with questions to ask, it must be much easier to support an interesting club with issues.
  • Hal1x said:
    shirty5 said:
    Hal1x said:
    I meant anyone on the SMT.

I think you guys attending tonight will struggle to come up with questions to ask, it must be much easier to support an interesting club with issues.
    Well don’t go away, cause tonight’s the night 
    How dare you ! 

Ian & Ben are NOT the Chuckle Brothers !
  • Sponsored links:

• Beer sales have doubled at the Valley! 

Well done to all those that have played their part!
  • Enjoyable and informative

I thought the waterboarding was going too far but AFKA and Covered End insisted.

TBF it did get them to talk but what happens in Bromley stays in Bromley 😉
    Really nice to meet yourself, @AFKABartram and @Mendonca In Asdas in person and put some faces to names. Also the other fellow at my table, but I've forgotten his username? Sorry. 

Don't think I'll be on Methvens Christmas card list, but I'm sure I'll live 😂
    You too Brazilliance, I  think the other fella was @addicktedoldgit But he said he doesn’t come on here much any more.
  • Enjoyable and informative

I thought the waterboarding was going too far but AFKA and Covered End insisted.

TBF it did get them to talk but what happens in Bromley stays in Bromley 😉
    Great evening. Thanks to you and the others for organising.

I was the one asking about Transfer incomings and outgoings for the January window and also quoted Tiesto to Charlie 😉
  • Gribbo said:
    Think more searching questions should be levelled at Jones at this point tbh. It's not like he's not had the backing
    I agree. But someone could, indirectly, by asking Charlie about our transfer and wages budget for this season compared with Wrexham's. (Forget Birmingham, it's a grotesque aberration). Charlie may try to deflect by saying that actual fees  and wages can never be known, but in truth he has a spreadsheet which gives him a very good idea.

Ask him, somebody, 
    We have the 4th largest playing budget (don’t know about Wrexham).