Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

12345679»

Comments

• edited October 11
    Macronate said:
    Large supermarket car park with loads of spaces. Park mine with plenty of spaces either side. Come back and the two spaces to the left are now filled with the driver of the car now next to me literally squeezing to get out of his car with his door nigh on touching mine. There’s still hundreds of fucking spaces available elsewhere and Mr Bright Spark thinks that the best place to park is in a bay which makes it difficult for him to get in and out of. Give me strength.

Car parks haven't kept pace with the size of cars these days and as I drive an ordinary hatchback, it's frustrating to be stuck between 2 SUVs that take up so much room.
    Buy yourself a hummer that will get rid off your frustration.....

......coincidently a Hummer is the name of a huge American SUV buying one of those would work too!
  • Box junction enforcement cameras being installed as I write at the Green Lane William Barefoot Drive junction.
    Should be an absolute gold mine for LBG!!
    No no no! You misunderstand. It’s only there because there is an urgent need to solve a traffic issue and this is the only practical solution 😉😉😆😡
  • Box junction enforcement cameras being installed as I write at the Green Lane William Barefoot Drive junction.
    Should be an absolute gold mine for LBG!!
    No no no! You misunderstand. It’s only there because there is an urgent need to solve a traffic issue and this is the only practical solution 😉😉😆😡
    Bexley council have been a master of installation of these over the past few years.
  • People who ignore the direction arrows in car parks and then expect you to get out of their way when they go the wrong way.
  • Getting a message from the club screaming  'WELCOME MARK GOLDBRIDGE!'. I thought we'd signed a new player. Turns out it's just some Yew Tuba. 
  • Davo55 said:
    My electric toothbrush. One of the fancy Oral B iO ones.

If I brush well for the requisite length of time it gives me a starry eyed smile. A near miss gets me just a round eyed smile. Brush for a little under the prescribed two minutes and it's a wonky look, like it's slightly disappointed in me. Brush for only a minute and a half because you're running late for something and it frowns at me with a sad face thrown in.

Smug, judgemental little fucker.

Hasn't even got any teeth of its own. Prick.

What's worse is that I'm starting to need the validation. Of a fuckin toothbrush. Sheesh.
    similar marking system I get from the missus.
  • Macronate said:
    Davo55 said:

If I brush well for the requisite length of time it gives me a starry eyed smile. A near miss gets me just a round eyed smile. Brush for a little under the prescribed two minutes and it's a wonky look, like it's slightly disappointed in me. Brush for only a minute and a half because you're running late for something and it frowns at me with a sad face thrown in.

What's worse is that I'm starting to need the validation. Of a fuckin toothbrush. Sheesh.
    Stick it up your jacksie, see what face it makes then.
    It’s going to need a neck like a giraffe to reach his teeth.
  • edited October 11
    When I go to pick up my child at her classroom door but one of the parents has decided to have a five minute chat with the teacher while everyone else stands around waiting for them to finish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

glad it's not just me lol
  • Chunes said:
    When I go to pick up my child at her classroom door but one of the parents has decided to have a five minute chat with the teacher while everyone else stands around waiting for them to finish. 
    Parents like that are inconsiderate and annoying, but it’s also the teacher’s responsibility to tell the parent to wait until they’ve finished dismissing before they start the conversation.
  • I have no issue in general with people being out and about with colds / illnesses in public. Pre Covid no-one cared.

For some reason though, someone clearly full of cold (and judging by their continuous dry cough and sweating, COVID) was in the gym this morning and it really annoyed me.

I suspect the annoyance is because people go to the gym to be deliberately mentally and physically healthier and being trapped in a confined space and sharing equipment that he had spluttered all over means I’ll inevitably be ill and pass it on to my family and defeats the purpose of going in the first place.

He was quite taken aback when I told him to keep away from me.

In hindsight it was illogical as going to the gym doesn’t grant me immunity from illness, but I’m still annoyed.

I’ll put it down to my age and being miserable.
  • Buying a 2nd hand car and finding annoying little things out later,i.e.the 2nd car fob needs a new battery,the windscreeen washer was empty,tyres slightly under inflated(yes I could have checked that,but not really visible until onboard computer informed me.),nothing major but still should have been avoided.
  • edited October 14
    Buying a 2nd hand car and finding annoying little things out later,i.e.the 2nd car fob needs a new battery,the windscreeen washer was empty,tyres slightly under inflated(yes I could have checked that,but not really visible until onboard computer informed me.),nothing major but still should have been avoided.
    the owner probably didn't know the key that he doesn't use needs a new battery, (I have a BMW and the key charges itself when put in the ignition so if you don't use it it runs down). And it's hardly an issue to top up the washer bottle (which I wouldn't consider something vital before sale), and some people drive with slightly inflated tyres to get better ride comfort. It would be more of a concern if you found out the spare has a nail in it, or the washer bottle leaks like mine does.

You are buying a car after all that has been used, if you wanted a new car you pay the extra.
  • Stig said:
    SOTF said:
    I have no issue in general with people being out and about with colds / illnesses in public. Pre Covid no-one cared.

For some reason though, someone clearly full of cold (and judging by their continuous dry cough and sweating, COVID) was in the gym this morning and it really annoyed me.

I suspect the annoyance is because people go to the gym to be deliberately mentally and physically healthier and being trapped in a confined space and sharing equipment that he had spluttered all over means I’ll inevitably be ill and pass it on to my family and defeats the purpose of going in the first place.

He was quite taken aback when I told him to keep away from me.

In hindsight it was illogical as going to the gym doesn’t grant me immunity from illness, but I’m still annoyed.

I’ll put it down to my age and being miserable.
    Yeah, they did. It'd do my nut in when I'd have to sit next to some selfish so-and-so who thought their job was more important than everybody else's health. I could accept the poor buggers who'd been unfortunate enough to have other health issues and who'd be on report if they took any more sick leave, but the 'I've never taken a day's sick in my life' brigade genuinely sickened me.
    I expect your doctor will sign you off for a few days