Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

Comments

• Hal1x said:
    Sitting opposite a bloke on the train who is making more fucking noise from his hooter than John Merrick aka the elephant man. Sniffs on every breath. 
    Can you squeeze out a couple of cheesy ones, that will cut back on the sniffing or get him to switch seats.
    went all out war. Opened up a bag of pickled onion monster munch crisps. The crunching over powered the sniffing noise and the smell seemed to overpower him. He got off at the next station. TBF he could of always had been going to get off at that station but I feel myself that I had won. 

Of course I have now pissed off several others around me. Especially with the licking of my fingers after finishing the packet. 
    Well done you deployed the ultimate weapon and the foe slunk off like a salted snail.
  • Hal1x said:
    Hal1x said:
    Sitting opposite a bloke on the train who is making more fucking noise from his hooter than John Merrick aka the elephant man. Sniffs on every breath. 
    Can you squeeze out a couple of cheesy ones, that will cut back on the sniffing or get him to switch seats.
    went all out war. Opened up a bag of pickled onion monster munch crisps. The crunching over powered the sniffing noise and the smell seemed to overpower him. He got off at the next station. TBF he could of always had been going to get off at that station but I feel myself that I had won. 

Of course I have now pissed off several others around me. Especially with the licking of my fingers after finishing the packet. 
    Well done you deployed the ultimate weapon and the foe slunk off like a salted snail.
    These little victories are what keep me going 
  • arny23394 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Was just on the Sky news site and saw the headline “Kate returns to work, days after cancer treatment update” 

I am sorry, but pissing about for some PR photos and shaking some hands is not a job. 
    FFS…..what a thoroughly tasteless comment.😡
    Chill out old bean. 
    Considering her current state of health, I am 100% certain that she will be feeling absolutely shattered by the time she gets to her bed.
    I’ll reserve my sympathy for people who don’t have immediate access to the best possible healthcare and who have to work real jobs whilst receiving treatment. If having a few photos taken of her is that tiring, I’m sure one of her servants can carry her to bed. 
  • edited September 25
    You pay for something, the money leaves your account instantly.

You get a refund (in this case I'd paid the reservation on a potential new car that I didnt get), and it takes up to 14-days to return to you

Nah you managed to take it out of my Account quick enough, you can put it back just as quick fanks!!

-----------------------

MOTs done on cars AFTER you buy them... Went elsewhere last weekend, got myself a new(er) car, as mine has got to the stage where its costing more to repair it than what the vehicle is worth - Picking up the new vehicle on Saturday, really looking forward to it - Decided to check and see if the MOT had been completed yet...

Yup, that was done on Monday, but had advisories... Now going to speak to the Garage tomorrow to see what can be done about them.

Had I known about the advisories before buying the car, I doubt I'd have bothered with it, as it could end up costing me a further 500-quid based on past experiences with my own car fixing those issues - Everyone's time could have been made a lot f**king easier if MOT were done, BEFORE they were put on the market.

Its just as annoying that I've not even been told about these faults, imagine they're banking on me being ignorant of the knowledge until I pick up the car, when its too late
  • Driving in Sicily 

I have never seen anything like it .I have driven quite often on the continent in hire cars including the centres of naples,Rome and Florence but nothing has prepared me for this.

The locals are crazy. Nobody has a new car  ,it's not worth it ,dents seem to be some mark of achievement .I have another week to get through alive this lot are the worst 😫 
  • My hearing is kaput in my right ear and it makes it virtually impossible to pinpoint the direction of a sound, like the particular bird song I was trying to locate in the local nature reserve today.
    I ended up doing a complete 360, twice!
    (I then also noticed that the woman who had been approacing in my direction about 50 yards away, had completely about turned and was walking away  :#)
    That reminds me of when I spotted a large group of birds in the leisure centre car park. 

I didn't know what they were, but I knew they weren't sparrows. I stealthily began to creep up on them.  Half way in I noticed a woman sitting in her car smiling at me.  I immediately gave up my David Attenborough impression and started walking normally.

I never found out what the birds were or what the woman thought of me.  For a nano second I considered approaching her and saying, 'I think they may be finches', but I realised this could generate a call to the white coat brigade  :/.

• My hearing is kaput in my right ear and it makes it virtually impossible to pinpoint the direction of a sound, like the particular bird song I was trying to locate in the local nature reserve today.
    (I then also noticed that the woman who had been approacing in my direction about 50 yards away, had completely about turned and was walking away  :#)
    That reminds me of when I spotted a large group of birds in the leisure centre car park. 

I didn't know what they were, but I knew they weren't sparrows. I stealthily began to creep up on them.  Half way in I noticed a woman sitting in her car smiling at me.  I immediately gave up my David Attenborough impression and started walking normally.

I never found out what the birds were or what the woman thought of me.  For a nano second I considered approaching her and saying, 'I think they may be finches', but I realised this could generate a call to the white coat brigade  :/.

My guess would maybe be waxwings? They love a car park when the berries out.

• You pay for something, the money leaves your account instantly.

You get a refund (in this case I'd paid the reservation on a potential new car that I didnt get), and it takes up to 14-days to return to you

Nah you managed to take it out of my Account quick enough, you can put it back just as quick fanks!!

-----------------------

MOTs done on cars AFTER you buy them... Went elsewhere last weekend, got myself a new(er) car, as mine has got to the stage where its costing more to repair it than what the vehicle is worth - Picking up the new vehicle on Saturday, really looking forward to it - Decided to check and see if the MOT had been completed yet...

Yup, that was done on Monday, but had advisories... Now going to speak to the Garage tomorrow to see what can be done about them.

Had I known about the advisories before buying the car, I doubt I'd have bothered with it, as it could end up costing me a further 500-quid based on past experiences with my own car fixing those issues - Everyone's time could have been made a lot f**king easier if MOT were done, BEFORE they were put on the market.

Its just as annoying that I've not even been told about these faults, imagine they're banking on me being ignorant of the knowledge until I pick up the car, when its too late
    Why didn't you just get a pre-purchase check done by a company/mechanic before buying it? You don't have to buy it and then wait for the MOT.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d never buy a car with anything less than 9-10 months MOT anyway. I’m always amazed when people advertise cars with 2-3 months left on the MOT and somehow they get sold.
  • Have you ever seen a happy looking jogger?
  • IdleHans said:
    Have you ever seen a happy looking jogger?
    Being labelled a 'fun runner' is a contradiction, but it's great for your mental health when you come to a halt and give yourself a self satisfied pat on the back. I always acknowledge fellow runners/joggers even if all I can manage is a grunt, which it often is. 
  • IdleHans said:
    ...or a healthy looking one?
  • Hal1x said:
    IdleHans said:
    ...or a healthy looking one?
    How very dare you 😉
    My hearing is shocking. I get far more sightings when I go out with my bat-eared mates.
    I have the same problem, my left ear is far worse than the right (which isn't that great anyway) and always struggle to work out where noise is coming from. 
  • Runners that don’t even look to acknowledge you when running in the opposite direction.

you’re literally the 0.01% of the nation doing something identical at the same time. Just a half smile or a raised hand is all it takes. 

People are weird 
    I had no idea this was a thing. How would one know this and why would it annoy you if they don’t look at you?
  • Sponsored links:

My guess would maybe be waxwings? They love a car park when the berries out.

That is a very good shout.  My overriding memory is of that body colour.  Thanks. 
  • Trying to open a pack of bacon without using a knife.
  • M25 shit itself, so you've got 40 foot hgv's trying to pass each other on the back roads. A25 between Oxted to Sundridge, and all roads off of it, at an absolute stand still 
  • Gribbo said:
    Runners that don’t even look to acknowledge you when running in the opposite direction.

you’re literally the 0.01% of the nation doing something identical at the same time. Just a half smile or a raised hand is all it takes. 

People are weird 
    That's why I categorically do not run anywhere. 
    So you don't run anywhere because you think people who do are weird and not simply because they're doing something you don't have any wish to do? 

Seems weird to rule out doing something because of your perception of others who participate in it. Why not try it and see for yourself. What have you got to lose? No one will think any less of you for it I'm sure. 
  • edited September 26
    I wish I could say you get used to it, but they're more likely to pass me, unless my foot 'accidentally' trips them up and sends them sprawling. Not that I'm in the least bit competitive you understand. 😉