Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup 24/25

2»

Comments

• When carrying big squads as we do, with the desire to have a route into the first team from the academy, then the cup competitions can be handy.
    Manchester City should shut up and get on with it.
    The loan system fulfils a bit of the function of getting players ‘first team’ minutes like Nathan at Hartlepool, but there are positives and negatives around the variety of cup competitions, but in my view mainly positives.
    We won the London Senior Cup last season after all 😁
  • seth plum said:
    When carrying big squads as we do, with the desire to have a route into the first team from the academy, then the cup competitions can be handy.
    The loan system fulfils a bit of the function of getting players ‘first team’ minutes like Nathan at Hartlepool, but there are positives and negatives around the variety of cup competitions, but in my view mainly positives.
    If City get to the final of all the competitions they're in this season then they will play 72 games.

I doubt anyone will have any sympathy for them, but i'm sure most people will agree that is too many games. When you factor in international games it's an 80+ game season for some players.
  • edited September 25
    Anyone see Kwadwo Baah 'goal' against Man city when he started from the half way line with the bouncing ball and used his strength all the way to the penalty area going past City Defenders and somehow the ball is back to his feet before a hefty shoulder charge is given as a foul as his powers the ball into the net ?

Been aware of Baah since he was 15 and released from Palace. 
    The only doubt about the lad was he was considered a sandwich short of a picnic so he left London and went to Rochdale where he scored twice in the 4-4 draw at the Valley when he was 17. Nearly signed for Man city but Watford appeared the quicker route to 1st team football but a broken ankle in training put paid to him making his debut after being on the bench at 18 then a new manager sends him on loan to Germany.

Very few young footballers have a smooth route but at 21 this could be his breakthrough season IF he applies his self in the Championship.
  • edited September 25
    seth plum said:
    When carrying big squads as we do, with the desire to have a route into the first team from the academy, then the cup competitions can be handy.
    If City get to the final of all the competitions they're in this season then they will play 72 games.

I doubt anyone will have any sympathy for them, but i'm sure most people will agree that is too many games. When you factor in international games it's an 80+ game season for some players.

I believe that is why players like Ben White would rather jump on a plane to top up his tan on international weeks and tournaments after not fancying just making up the numbers in a squad when it appeared he was down the pecking order for the RB slot.
    Man city play a ridiculous amount of games because of their success and Rhodri was talking about strike action before his knee injury last week.
  • Anyone see Kwadwo Baah 'goal' against Man city when he started from the half way line with the bouncing ball and used his strength all the way to the penalty area going past City Defenders and somehow the ball is back to his feet before a hefty shoulder charge is given as a foul as his powers the ball into the net ?

The only doubt about the lad was he was considered a sandwich short of a picnic so he left London and went to Port Vale where he scored twice in the 4-4 draw at the Valley when he was 17. Nearly signed for Man city but Watford appeared the quicker route to 1st team football but a broken ankle in training put paid to him making his debut after being on the bench at 18 then a new manager sends him on loan to Germany.

Very few young footballers have a smooth route but at 21 this could be his breakthrough season IF he applies his self in the Championship.
    Still remember him from that 4-4 game against Rochdale a few years ago... Looks like he's finally breaking through at Watford now after a couple of loan spells
  • Anyone see Kwadwo Baah 'goal' against Man city when he started from the half way line with the bouncing ball and used his strength all the way to the penalty area going past City Defenders and somehow the ball is back to his feet before a hefty shoulder charge is given as a foul as his powers the ball into the net ?

The only doubt about the lad was he was considered a sandwich short of a picnic so he left London and went to Port Vale where he scored twice in the 4-4 draw at the Valley when he was 17. Nearly signed for Man city but Watford appeared the quicker route to 1st team football but a broken ankle in training put paid to him making his debut after being on the bench at 18 then a new manager sends him on loan to Germany.

Still remember him from that 4-4 game against Rochdale a few years ago... Looks like he's finally breaking through at Watford now after a couple of loan spells

Cheers FA, it was Rochdale.
    CAFC came back from 2-4 down at HT and at 4-4 in the dying minutes Conor Washington went past the keeper on the right with half the goal open and put his shot into the side netting 🤦🏻‍♂️
    I inadvertently kick a table and my coffee went flying as this was a COVID match.

CAFC came back from 2-4 down at HT and at 4-4 in the dying minutes Conor Washington went past the keeper on the right with half the goal open and put his shot into the side netting 🤦🏻‍♂️
    I inadvertently kick a table and my coffee went flying as this was a COVID match.
    Yeah its the one game that Schwartz scored in, and Paul Smyth played at Right Wing-Back... think Aneke hit the bar from inside the six yard box as well

Yeah its the one game that Schwartz scored in, and Paul Smyth played at Right Wing-Back... think Aneke hit the bar from inside the six yard box as well
    That crazy crazy game
  • Pressure builds on Lopategui. Not in regards to them losing to Liverpool as most people would've expected that anyway, but losing 5-1 is a poor result in a cup they could've prioritised given they don't have any European football.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4th round draw (and yes shocker Man U get another home draw):

Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday

Southampton v Stoke

Tottenham v Manchester City

AFC Wimbledon/Newcastle v Chelsea

Manchester United v Leicester

Brighton v Liverpool

Preston v Arsenal

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace