Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    To those asking a few days ago about not having the players in before the start of pre season and not spending any money, how do you feel now? Still feel like it's not enough, or are some of your concerns eased by the latest 3 incomings?
    I’m happy, still need a CH, a 10 and a keeper and the sooner we can get them in the better but overall very happy.
  • Options
    Expecting Isted, Asiimwe, Fraser, Ness and Henry to move on, wouldn't be shocked if Edun did as well. Could honestly get 3 decent loan signings in for the GK, CB and CM if needed.

• Options
    Leo Castledine from Chelsea - not a rumour, but think would make a great x-factor loan signing.
  • Options
    Leo Castledine from Chelsea - not a rumour, but think would make a great x-factor loan signing.
    "He is the son of former Wimbledon footballer, and television presenter, Stewart Castledine, as well as former Homes Under the Hammer host Lucy AlexanderLeo has an older sister, Kitty, an actress who currently stars in EastEnders."
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    "He is the son of former Wimbledon footballer, and television presenter, Stewart Castledine, as well as former Homes Under the Hammer host Lucy Alexander. Leo has an older sister, Kitty, an actress who currently stars in EastEnders."
    Impeccable credentials.
  • Options
    Those players will move on, but because they are not 1st/2nd choice of any Club's transfer plans, they will drag on a bit.
  • Options
    If you really want to challenge, teams need to have quality in the team and on the bench. I still think we’re a quality 10, CB and GK from being complete. 
    I’d then hope we can offload 3/4 on permanents and 2-3 on loan before bringing in 2-3 high level loans of our own. 

The recipe is coming together well. I just hope we finish this off and give it a real go🤞🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way our keeper situation is progressing, I could see us starting the season with Harry and AMB...🙄
    I don't think we will, but if we do at least they'd be second and third choice
  • Options
    The way our keeper situation is progressing, I could see us starting the season with Harry and AMB...🙄
    Seems a bit premature to be saying that given Doherty went from "rumoured" to completed in the same day. Its technically possible yes but I personally would be very surprised indeed if that happened.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Expecting Isted, Asiimwe, Fraser, Ness and Henry to move on, wouldn't be shocked if Edun did as well. Could honestly get 3 decent loan signings in for the GK, CB and CM if needed.

Think we can do better than Watson for the back up, if Ramsay gets injured again. Watson is not up to it. 
  • Options
    https://x.com/FootballLeagueW/status/1809247344417767685?t=rKjIxUeWUZ36Wtu9jzCfJA&s=19

Not sure if shared and how credible? 

But Dobson to Wrexham as suggested before 
  • Options
    edited July 5
    Leuth said:
    There's always something to moan about. Very important that we maintain this 
    Who's moaning, not me...but you feel free if you wish...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Docherty being teased on Twitter

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Ferryman said:
    I wouldn’t be surprised to find Dan Potts rehabbing with us, not sure he is fit enough for a contract. The other late addition might Fred Onyedimna as a utility forward/ midfield/ wing back, and possibly Cameron McGeehan, midfielder from Colchester who has a bit of a tangential career with 3yrs in Belgium 
    I think McGeehan has peaked after a bad injury. 

Just gone to Northampton too. 
    Cobblers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Redhenry said:
    Keeper and another first choice CM, then I'm more than happy
    Think we need a couple of wingers to mix it up when the narrow formation isn't working too, but we aren't far off
    Jones won’t be wasting money on wingers. His width always comes from wing backs. 
  • Options
    Personally wouldn’t mind if we got a loan keeper in, likely to be better quality than any perm keeper we could get and longer term hopefully mannion will be a start in next couple of seasons.
    Possible problem is if they get recalled in January
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Dobson's off to Wrexham according to the other site.
    He's in talks with Wrexham. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm actually not devastated to not be getting Dobson back. He's a good player, very good at what he does and Jones helped him show that he can be more than just a tackling ruiner. However, I wasn't super excited about a midfield of Coventry, Berry and Dobson. A little bit too samey, not enough spark and pace in there. Assuming Berry is playing as the most advanced midfielder I'd rather have a quick, dynamic and creative midfielder behind him who is happy to put his foot in than a player who is defensive first and plays after that. It's not an anti-Dobson thing, it's about balance. We need two midfielders and whoever we get in that spot might end up being one of the most important pieces of the puzzle
    The player you are describing is Dobson under NJ. Some of his assists, attacking play and the goal in his final home game were excellent.

I really hope Coventry does not prove to be a lightweight passenger. Billed as being a set piece Guru to controlling the midfield. We didn't see much of either in his 17 appearances. 
    And he can't tackle so can't be the defensive mid.
    Why the constant digs at Coventry's ability to tackle? So tiresome 
    Because he can't. He is not a Dobson replacement. Docherty is.
  • Options
    edited July 5
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    When someone starts up about how Conor Coventry isn't good enough before seeing how he goes in a fully Jones-selected side, I'm sure I'll do some moaning 
    Is he already your 'One' this season then Leuth? Not even going to wait to see if we have an erratic defender who plays some lovely passes? ;)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    When someone starts up about how Conor Coventry isn't good enough before seeing how he goes in a fully Jones-selected side, I'm sure I'll do some moaning 
    Is he already your 'One' this season then Leuth? Not even going to wait to see if we have an erratic defender who plays some lovely passes? ;)
    Gillesphey lost me by being genuinely too ropey. Even for me 
  • Options
    edited July 5
    Coventry is still in his honeymoon period and getting some very kind reviews. That's actually a good thing, not criticising. Hopefully it gives him space to improve. I hope he's an excellent player for us next season because we need him to be. At the same time, we all have to agree that the excuses will run out fairly quickly and it's important he starts the first quarter well.