Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Not a rumour but Di'Shon Barnard or Marvin Ekpiteta on frees would make us stronger at the back. 
    What did you call me???
  • Not a rumour but Di'Shon Barnard or Marvin Ekpiteta on frees would make us stronger at the back. 
    Interesting article where it talks about Bernard's career starting at ManUre and playing with Kobbie Mainoo. "Mainoo was one of three United youngsters who trained with Wednesday's first-team as part of the Reds' Pro Experience Programme, where young players were given the opportunity to head out of Carrington and train with first-team squads to sample a taste of the senior game."

Definitely think this type of thing could be good for some of our U23s as academy football doesn't prepare them enough for men's football.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scored-goal-man-united-debut-28773353.amp
  • edited May 8
    Chunes said:
    We paid a fee for Edun and could already be looking to move him on. Good grief... 
    Edun was perhaps the most disappointing of our summer signings, for me. He had good pedigree at this level and I know a Lincoln fan who told me he was very good for them (also told me McGrandles would be injured more than he'd play and would be unspectacular when he did play which was spot on). I expected a lot more but it just hasn't happened for him.
    Wish he had told our scout, altho we probably didn't even scout him...
  • Chunes said:
    We paid a fee for Edun and could already be looking to move him on. Good grief... 
    Edun was perhaps the most disappointing of our summer signings, for me. He had good pedigree at this level and I know a Lincoln fan who told me he was very good for them (also told me McGrandles would be injured more than he'd play and would be unspectacular when he did play which was spot on). I expected a lot more but it just hasn't happened for him.
    Felt Edun showed what he could do but was very inconsistent. Personally feel he will be here next year so hopefully he can kick on. Will have a job moving Small out the side though.. 
  • I like how Watson was in the tots but wasn’t even our best RB 😅
  • edited May 8
    RedRyan said:
    Edun and Watson should be fine as backups to Small and Ramsay with Asiimwe potentially going out on loan (L2?)
    Yeah I think full back is the least of our worries to be honest.

If we can upgrade and it doesn’t cost a chunk of the budget on midfielders and centre backs then I’m in favour.

But Ramsay and Small have shown me enough to believe they’ll be at the level required. Tennai and, to a lesser extent, Asiimwe can play both sides. 

Edun feels like the odd man out but I wouldn’t want to go into the season with only one left footed full back, and he can fill in as 5th/6th choice midfielder for cup games etc.
  • RedRyan said:
    Edun and Watson should be fine as backups to Small and Ramsay with Asiimwe potentially going out on loan (L2?)
    Yeah I think full back is the least of our worries to be honest.

If we can upgrade and it doesn’t cost a chunk of the budget on midfielders and centre backs then I’m in favour.

But Ramsay and Small have shown me enough to believe they’ll be at the level required. Tennai and, to a lesser extent, Asiimwe can play both sides. 

Edun feels like the odd man out but I wouldn’t want to go into the season with only one left footed full back, and he can fill in as 5th/6th choice midfielder for cup games etc.
    I’d still probably be in favour of moving Edun on and replacing with someone better 

As a bonus I’d even maybe do the same with Tennai and get a 1st choice ‘elite’ wing back 

Also think we can include Tyreece in the discussion here. Although he will never be good enough defensively to start games here I would be using him as an impact sub wing back when we are chasing a game 
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    seth plum said:
    I would be delighted if we could achieve what Plymouth Argyle have achieved over the last two seasons in our next two seasons.
    Prefer to do what Ipswich have done
    So would I, but if not Ipswich then the Plymouth achievement would be great as far as I am concerned.
  • https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/afc-wimbledon-charlton-athletic-thierry-small-jack-currie/

A load of rubbish because TS won’t be going, but I do think Currie is an excellent fullback who will be playing upper league one next year somewhere 
  • I guess wages would be an issue and they probably want to keep him anyway but I see Lawrence Vigouroux hasn't had a game at Burnley this season. Iirc we were close to signing him last summer until Burnley stepped in.  Decent keeper.
  • I guess wages would be an issue and they probably want to keep him anyway but I see Lawrence Vigouroux hasn't had a game at Burnley this season. Iirc we were close to signing him last summer until Burnley stepped in.  Decent keeper.
    Be surprised if he’s happily be a champ 3rd choice. Muric might go Brighton though, he was their April player of the month (I’m not joking) 
  • How about half of the posh squad ? Now they’ve not made the playoff final 
  • Wishlists are creeping into the Rumours thread - put them into the Wishlist thread, please ...
  • Yeah if we can keep this to rumours only either from ITK or Journo's that would be great.
  • Wishlists are creeping into the Rumours thread - put them into the Wishlist thread, please ...
    Wish there was a rumour 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    We are pretty close to signing a forward..
    MG 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Now its starting 
    Knowing our luck, it'll turn out to be a gear from a knackered automatic...
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    How tall is he?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Other forum is saying they don’t play in England. So maybe one from Jones scouting north of the border? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!