Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Warnock was raving about Bojan Miovski when he was up there. 6tt2. Twenty four. 
    Scored 19 in 40 odd games this season. 
  • edited May 9
    Miovski and a Portuguese striker called Duk ran us ragged in preseason for Aberdeen. 

(Duk is 5ft 5 and would fail the height test)
  • follett said:
    If this turns out to be true.  We are done in the striker department I assume we all agree?  May, New player, Kanu, Leaburn, Aneke.  I’d be happy so long as the new player is decent.  
    You'd think so, I could see him starting new striker and Leaburn tbh. Depends if Jones would want extra cover given Aneke has a habit of missing 3/4 of the season. 
    We need 4, and the 5th the bonus that is Aneke if he’s fit.  I’m happy if the new player is decent, Kanu is only going to get better as is Leaburn once fit.  
    May, Leaburn, Aneke, Kanu & New is more than decent I think. 
    Everyone assuming no outgoings. 

I’m not convinced they won’t move someone on notwithstanding it would be good to have all them in the squad. 
  • “We need to strengthen every department,” Scott told the South London Press, when asked about the plans for boosting their forward permutations.

“We have had many discussions about that forward area.

“We suffered in December when we lost Miles and Chuks. Alfie was our only striker. Patrick Casey and Henry Rylah came in, so we were very short. The teams at the top have options and we need to make sure we have enough options to deal with the schedule and the demands of the games.”

See tomorrow’s South London Press for a full interview with Scott.

• Valley11 said:
    Warnock was raving about Bojan Miovski when he was up there. 6tt2. Twenty four. 
    He's absolutely mustard. Would've thought we'd be a bit of a backwards/sideways step for him though.
  • Is it just me? Is there a plan to sell on May and reinvest?
  • shirty5 said:
    Louis Moult 
    where is this from @shirty5 ?
  • shirty5 said:
    Louis Moult 

I hope not. Not particularly big and last seen in England at Burton scoring 1 goal in a season and a half.

• Sponsored links:

• If we keep hold of May , Kanu and Leaburn I think the new striker will be the long term replacement for Aneke. 
    Aneke now only has one year left on his contract and no way will it be extended 
    Aneke has been written off two or three a season since he joined Charlton. He keeps proving people wrong.
    People haven't necessarily been writing him off as such, but they were saying we should get rid of him.
    This was hard to do as he was on a long contract on good money.
    He is now entering the last year of his contract so talking about his eventual replacement makes sense. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    We are pretty close to signing a forward..
    How tall is he?
    If rumours are to be believed he passes the CL height test
    Fits in with the type of player we are interested in (positionallly, culturally, size)
    and from the footage Ive seen he looks like he could be very interesting indeed
    Welcome back to Charlton Jayden Stockley. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Warnock was raving about Bojan Miovski when he was up there. 6tt2. Twenty four. 
    He's absolutely mustard. Would've thought we'd be a bit of a backwards/sideways step for him though.
    Yeah I think Miovski would be looking for a top flight European move or to the Championship at worst. Way above league one
  • One thing that steers me away from it being Bair is the fact that the Scottish season isn’t done yet. Doesn’t stop conversations from happening, especially because Motherwell aren’t playing for anything at this point.

But it makes it less likely than it being a player on the the fringes of a Cardiff or Swansea squad.

The other name that fits the rumoured profile is Jamal Lowe…
  • JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    We are pretty close to signing a forward..
    How tall is he?
    If rumours are to be believed he passes the CL height test
    Fits in with the type of player we are interested in (positionallly, culturally, size)
    and from the footage Ive seen he looks like he could be very interesting indeed
    Welcome back to Charlton Jayden Stockley. 
    I know this is a joke but he scored more than our second top scorer last year. 

This also shows that we need more goals across the squad
  • If Leaburn is going to be one of our 5 strikers next season, surely we will need to get him on a new contract? 

He’s got 1 year left so if he isn’t signing a new one then realistically we should probably be looking to sell him 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 9
    New
    New, New, Gillespie
    Ramsay, Coventry, New, Small
    New
    May, New

Subs: AMB, REG, Watson, Anderson, Kanu, Leaburn, Aneke

The “new’s” are vital!
  • edited May 9
    Let's face it...
    It's a bit too early to have a realistic rumours thread...we are still in the wishlist phase really for the next couple of weeks at least...🤷‍♂️
  • Let's face it...
    It's a bit too early to have a realistic rumours thread...we are still in the wishlist phase really for the next couple of weeks at least...🤷‍♂️
    We've had the Godden rumour form Cawley so wouldn't say it's early at all
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!