Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    We've enquired about Dion Charles
    No way would Bolton let him go to us. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    LTKapal said:
    On the face of it you'd think not but none of us know what release clauses there might be in his contract.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dion Charles. How tall is he ? Seriously. Is he the physical presence NJ seems to like ?
    No, more like a May replacement.
    Then why bother 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
    Exactly.

• Options
    Charles under contract until 2026. You have to think if we do get this money for May then every penny of it goes to a like for like replacement. 

Whilst I don't want May to go, if he doesn't want to stay then he should be sold. Good as he as you should only want players who want to be here. 
    Wouldn't make much more sense for Huddersfield (a northern team) signs Charles (a northerner who has played up north all his career) rather than southern based Alfie May. 
  • Options
    Charles under contract until 2026. You have to think if we do get this money for May then every penny of it goes to a like for like replacement. 

Whilst I don't want May to go, if he doesn't want to stay then he should be sold. Good as he as you should only want players who want to be here. 
    Wouldn't make much more sense for Huddersfield (a northern team) signs Charles (a northerner who has played up north all his career) rather than southern based Alfie May. 
    May played at Doncaster 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    LTKapal said:
    On the face of it you'd think not but none of us know what release clauses there might be in his contract.
    No release clause
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dion Charles as a rumour feels very similar to Aaron Collins as a rumour. Big name, big excitement, not really very likely
    maybe its Ray or even Lord
  • Options
    If May was going there's no way the powers that be would've let him be as prominent in that X video as he is. 
  • Options
    Keep hearing about this system for next season, hopefully it all works out but I'm not sure many L1 teams have the luxury of letting go a 20 goal season striker. Add in the departures of Dobson and CBT we've got a big turnaround of players to get us challenging 
  • Options
    I have never claimed to be in the know, but I have heard from a very good source that we are trying to get Will Lankshear a 19 year old striker from Spurs. 6' 5" tall, so passes the height test.

Seems a weird one given we have Leaburn, but believe he was top scorer in the premier league academy last season. Spurs got him from Sheffield United.

Perhaps looking to the future with offloading Leaburn eventually.
    I thought I read on here that Leaburn will not be fit until October, and NJ will want to start the season with a strong side
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1802718090586972489?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

The squad including May were back at the training ground for fitness tests.
    Tennai wearing 2 on his training gear there. If that means Ramsay carries on being allowed to wear 66 then I've lost my faith in Nathan Jones
    At least he shouldn't be T.Watson this time. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    Have you heard why that is, as I don't see what is has to do with him being Huddersfield no.1 target. 

Is it Alfie wanting to leave, Jones pushing him out, or owners wanting to make a quick profit after a year?
    Going to say a mixture of things, wouldn’t say it’s the owners.. Won’t be the first name on Jones team sheet, Huddersfield willing to offer a good payrise..

Every keeps going on about losing May, CBT and Dobson.. maybe not these guys fault, but let’s not forget, they have all been in bottom to mid table league 1 side, and all unproven if they can do it any higher, if we are bringing in an higher calibre of player, we’ll i am good with them going.. I think next 10 days, things going to ramp up..

I would say, this week we might see, Berry, Edwards, Mitchell, Davies plus one other..

Frequently the least convincing argument for why it's OK to let a player go 
    Absolutely this!
  • Options
    edited June 17
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    sralan said:
    LTKapal said:
    We've enquired about Ray Charles. 

Fixed it for you😏

Didn't see that one coming 
  • Options
    Shocking if true 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    sralan said:
    LTKapal said:
    We've enquired about Ray Charles. 

Fixed it for you😏

Didn't see that one coming 
     Neither did Ray.
  • Options
    If May was going there's no way the powers that be would've let him be as prominent in that X video as he is. 
    Just doing some early fitness tests ahead of a full medical up in Yorkshire later this week.
  • Options
    edited June 17
    There are some good points being made.
    A few more for ya!

• Options
    edited June 17
    Rothko said:
    Has Jones ever played with a small man up front? 
    Yeah, last season.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    Have you heard why that is, as I don't see what is has to do with him being Huddersfield no.1 target. 

Is it Alfie wanting to leave, Jones pushing him out, or owners wanting to make a quick profit after a year?
    Going to say a mixture of things, wouldn’t say it’s the owners.. Won’t be the first name on Jones team sheet, Huddersfield willing to offer a good payrise..

Every keeps going on about losing May, CBT and Dobson.. maybe not these guys fault, but let’s not forget, they have all been in bottom to mid table league 1 side, and all unproven if they can do it any higher, if we are bringing in an higher calibre of player, we’ll i am good with them going.. I think next 10 days, things going to ramp up..

I would say, this week we might see, Berry, Edwards, Mitchell, Davies plus one other..

One other being a striker to replace May?

Even if some disagree whether getting say £1m+ for him is a good thing, I'd have thought the majority can agree it definitely be madness to sell him without signing a good replacement first.
    Do I think it is good idea to sell, no.. do I think he could do a job as a 10 yes, as Jones is going to go with 2 big athletic forwards. 

Are these 2 big athletic forwards 

Leaburn ( currently injured)
    Aneke  (always injured).

How many games did they play last season compared to Alfie May. 

Football must be changing because back in my day players like Darren Bent, BWP, Mendonca were sort after because they scored goals. None over 6ft btw...and none "big & athletic". 
    Football has changed. Most noticeable at the top level where big tall athletes are de rigeur. That changes when you start to come down the leagues.