Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2024/25 season ticket discussion (details on P2)

edited March 22 in General Charlton

Calling all Addicks fans!

Charlton have a special opportunity for you to be part of its upcoming 2024/25 season ticket campaign! The club are doing a special content day here at The Valley on Wednesday, March 20th and all Addicks are invited to come down and get involved.

All you need to do is fill in the survey below to give an understanding of the reasons why Charlton is the club for you!

The club will then contact those who fill in the form and let them know the details for the filming day.

Click here to fill in the survey.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/be-part-charltons-202425-season-ticket-campaign

Comments

• Options
    edited March 9
    Tried online via FB link, but format is numbers only on some fields when letters needed ? Your link does work so used that.

**update, now fixed
  • Options
    Sending me an email and asking me my name, email address, phone number, whether I’m a season ticket holder just pissed me off as I started to do the survey and I changed my mind and didn’t bother completing or submitting it. 
  • Options
    What does a "special content day" involve?

1. Will there be alcohol
    2. Will there be "entertainment"
    3. Is there any discount being offered for the use of ones intellectual property and image rights?
  • Options
    By doing it on a weekday and non school holiday it rules out all kids and most who work doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Sending me an email and asking me my name, email address, phone number, whether I’m a season ticket holder just pissed me off as I started to do the survey and I changed my mind and didn’t bother completing or submitting it. 
    Why ‘lol’ that ? If they haven’t got the ability to identify from their databases exactly who it is they are sending these things to then why would we have any expectation that they are going to be able to use the survey response to any great effect ?

if they want know what to do to sell more season tickets then there’s really only two main things to know, win games (and NJ is sorting that one out) and significantly reduce the prices all around the ground. promotion next season has to be the aim and having a big crowd backing the team will go  a long way in helping that happen. 
  • Options
    Why ‘lol’ that ? If they haven’t got the ability to identify from their databases exactly who it is they are sending these things to then why would we have any expectation that they are going to be able to use the survey response to any great effect ?

if they want know what to do to sell more season tickets then there’s really only two main things to know, win games (and NJ is sorting that one out) and significantly reduce the prices all around the ground. promotion next season has to be the aim and having a big crowd backing the team will go  a long way in helping that happen. 
    More job creation by consultants.
    Anyone would think they're not making a £7m per season loss ! 

I'd bet we could all think of better things they could spend the money on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who need to ask the fans what they should be doing…

I’ve being slowly coming around to the new owners in that money seems to have been made available - obviously we are only assuming that at present - and they’ve finally appointed the type of manager we want in charge and are backing him.

we just need to fill the ground now and the quickest way to get that ball rolling is to slash the season ticket prices, make the last home game of the season a £5 match and ask us all to help sell those tickets and then encourage those we do bring along that day to buy a ‘cheap’ season ticket for next season. 

It’s not all about price and you won’t fill the ground in L1 even if we’re top, at least not before the sharp end of the season. Bear in mind the announced numbers are inflated - we’re a long way further back.

I think there are some intelligent tweaks you could make to pricing but people already buy season tickets and then don’t attend. Slashing prices would exacerbate that. The biggest reason more people don’t come is that the product isn’t credible.

We’ve seen progress on that in that in the last few weeks but there is a long way to go. 
  • Options
    I can’t contribute due to work commitments, but applaud the initiative. The more I see and hear, the more my mind is opened to the possibility that the recent scars we have been forced to wear will pale over the upcoming few years and under this ownership. Moderate optimism though early signs that is all, but aligning with the realities of the here and now, no longer so focused on the near or distant past and I think that will be important for all of us. Learn from the past, but don’t let it cast shadows on what could be a much brighter future. The latter is a general point, rather than one made at an individual or group of individuals by the way. Just how I am thinking and feeling toward the club, its ownership and fellow fans. 
  • Options
    It has to be made easier and always affordable to attend matches in person, and results have to massively improve.
  • Options

I’ve being slowly coming around to the new owners in that money seems to have been made available - obviously we are only assuming that at present - and they’ve finally appointed the type of manager we want in charge and are backing him.

we just need to fill the ground now and the quickest way to get that ball rolling is to slash the season ticket prices, make the last home game of the season a £5 match and ask us all to help sell those tickets and then encourage those we do bring along that day to buy a ‘cheap’ season ticket for next season. 

It’s not all about price and you won’t fill the ground in L1 even if we’re top, at least not before the sharp end of the season. Bear in mind the announced numbers are inflated - we’re a long way further back.

I think there are some intelligent tweaks you could make to pricing but people already buy season tickets and then don’t attend. Slashing prices would exacerbate that. The biggest reason more people don’t come is that the product isn’t credible.

We’ve seen progress on that in that in the last few weeks but there is a long way to go. 
    Surely to start with it’s all about selling as many season tickets as possible, not all the tickets, whether they are used every match or not (I suspect most STs are not used 100% anyway for a variety of reasons not necessarily because the team has had a bad run). If we can boost sales of STs people will take notice. Couple that with a good transfer window under Nathan’s guidance and an expectation of a positive start and that will encourage match day sales. We just need a critical tipping point number attending and it starts to look like something special is happening at the Valley and fans will want to be a part of it again. 
  • Options
    edited March 12

Surely to start with it’s all about selling as many season tickets as possible, not all the tickets, whether they are used every match or not (I suspect most STs are not used 100% anyway for a variety of reasons not necessarily because the team has had a bad run). If we can boost sales of STs people will take notice. Couple that with a good transfer window under Nathan’s guidance and an expectation of a positive start and that will encourage match day sales. We just need a critical tipping point number attending and it starts to look like something special is happening at the Valley and fans will want to be a part of it again. 
    The biggest pricing obstacle is the cost of one-off match tickets, which are poor value to the uncommitted. We have some silly ST prices in some areas but generally if price is your thing there are already good value options. Pricing in more season ticket holders is unlikely to affect actual attendance and will likely cut revenue. Apart from 2009/10, I think, we’ve never had more than 10k STs in L1. Perhaps post-Covid but that was a special case. 

We’ve mostly had 8-9k with a further dip in the troughs under Duchatelet and Sandgaard. There’s not a huge opportunity there. Credible performances and more aggressive match pricing would be more effective.

The idea there is some reserve army waiting to sign up to a season in L1 if prices are slashed is fanciful.

• Options
    801912601 said:
    The club should be looking to encourage younger people to attend. With large parts of the west stand empty why not offer an under 18 ticket in some blocks there. The school promotions should be aimed at secondary schools as the 11 to 18 year olds can travel to games without accompanying oldies. I’ve been a fan since 10 and started going with school mates by bus and this got me hooked and I’m still coming 50 years later
    good post 
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    The club should be looking to encourage younger people to attend. With large parts of the west stand empty why not offer an under 18 ticket in some blocks there. The school promotions should be aimed at secondary schools as the 11 to 18 year olds can travel to games without accompanying oldies. I’ve been a fan since 10 and started going with school mates by bus and this got me hooked and I’m still coming 50 years later
    Not offering a comment on that as such, but there is a behaviour management issue with unaccompanied U18s, as the safety officer will tell you.
  • Options
    I always came to games sporadically growing up but most of my opportunities came via my primary school when I was that age. We'd get cheaper (maybe free I don't know?) tickets for midweek games and sit in the east stand in the cold with my dad and a few of my school mates. Then we'd come to kids for a quid or whatever other offer was available. I was always going to come back but it definitely encouraged others too and I still occasionally see them at games now even though we're in our mid twenties. No idea if the club still do that kind of thing any more but would be a missed opportunity if they did. By 11-18 you've already picked a club you'll go to regularly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They could offer 24k free season tickets and there’d still only be 8-15k turning up each week
    there’s  fa interest in this shithouse league apart from us afflicted few who attend come what may .
    the fixture list is dull as fuck 
    end of season play offs can stir it up but out side that league one is real zzzz to the rest of humanity 
  • Options
    Reduce the match day prices a bit, offer some further ‘bring a friend’ tickets free with your season ticket but above all else, put a good team on the pitch - no money needs to be spent on researching this or producing a soppy video or the like 
  • Options
    They could offer 24k free season tickets and there’d still only be 8-15k turning up each week
    there’s  fa interest in this shithouse league apart from us afflicted few who attend come what may .
    the fixture list is dull as fuck 
    end of season play offs can stir it up but out side that league one is real zzzz to the rest of humanity 
    Agree, the standard is woeful but I still get a buzz from committed performance that result in 3 points. Biggest problem lately is that they are so far and few between. We should be setting our own standards in this division and a promotion charge will galvanise the fan base. The biggest problem is that we have been shit for so long that there is genuine apathy. 

Hopeful things will improve next season  but then again I would renew if we were in League Two as well.
  • Options
    It's the same as for any club.
    Be successful on the pitch.

• Options

The biggest pricing obstacle is the cost of one-off match tickets, which are poor value to the uncommitted. We have some silly ST prices in some areas but generally if price is your thing there are already good value options. Pricing in more season ticket holders is unlikely to affect actual attendance and will likely cut revenue. Apart from 2009/10, I think, we’ve never had more than 10k STs in L1. Perhaps post-Covid but that was a special case. 

We’ve mostly had 8-9k with a further dip in the troughs under Duchatelet and Sandgaard. There’s not a huge opportunity there. Credible performances and more aggressive match pricing would be more effective.

The idea there is some reserve army waiting to sign up to a season in L1 if prices are slashed is fanciful.

Albeit a one club city but Bradford's season ticket sales went up significantly when reduced.
  • Options

Albeit a one club city but Bradford's season ticket sales went up significantly when reduced.
    Pretty sure their revenue didn't though.
  • Options
    edited March 12

Pretty sure their revenue didn't though.

Possibly, you may well be right.
    We need to drag fans through the turnstiles, our prices at present will not.
    With the prices not being released, I imagine they will then be released on the basis we are staying up.  As has been mentioned, the pricing structure is probably more in need of overhaul on a matchday basis.  If the stats were released, and they certainly are available, on the day sales are probably very disturbing.