Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2024/25 season ticket discussion (details on P2)

Comments

• Options
    Great the prices ain’t increased that much,but I do think that there shouldn’t be such a big jump from up to 11 to Under 18,my nephew misses the under 11 by 2 days & now it’s double in price,anyone know a reason why they don’t do an under 16 category…which I think would bring more in…
    I've got the same issue. My daughter and her friends who I've been happily bringing along for the past couple of years are all now 11. The jump from 6 quid a ticket to 14 quid is madness. I won't be rushing to bring them along every week next season.
  • Options
    Fair statement by the club need to get the foundations right before we can start building up. i am in East Stand block D i think my season ticket has gone up £25. May be mistaken.
  • Options
    A hundred Million quid from TV probably helps.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, was the F block considered for the safe standing area.. Honestly think the club should have moved it down there, it would create a better atmosphere being closer to the pitch. Plus it will also make the ground look more full to the camera.

I think it should have been put to the vote. 
    Confident that it wouldn’t create a better atmosphere. First of all it would split the singers, most of who currently sit north upper, secondly being so close to the pitch and essentially uncovered the noise would just travel out.

Right decision sticking it in the North Upper.
    Same questions was asked when the singers moved to the top tier.. Personally the atmosphere was better when it was in the F Block.. Bit old school, but that was the area that hardcore singing fans had been for many years.. This would a good chance to go back to that. 

Singers and standing areas in my opinion should be in the F Block
    Atmosphere was only better then as you had that low roof on the covered end. Same reason 1000 fans in the Jimmy Seed can be deafening. 

Always thought it wouls be helpful to make a few holes that could be opened in the jimmy seed stand roof during the game. 

1) lets the sound out upwards
    2) if its raining lets the rain in to dampen the spirits of the away support

Bit of a miserable thing to do to away fans but marginal gains eh, every point matters.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    se9addick said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Because of a positive start to the new ownership and also massively due to trusting Nathan Jones to get it right, this is the first time in a few years where I won’t be doing the (‘nope I’m not renewing, will buy on a match by match basis’ and then caving in post-deadline and paying more) dance, and I will be renewing nearer to the deadline.
    “Positive start to the new ownership”? We’ve been through three managers in a season and are looking at ending the season in one of our worst finishes in our history!
    There’s a parallel between the start this ownership have made and the start Jones made as manager.

Like the ownership who clearly failed in getting an immediate bounce, Jones also failed to get the famous new manager bounce and took until his fifth game to get a win. Despite that, there were some seriously promising underlying signs in the team’s performances and so it has proved in recent results.

Similarly, despite the disappointing first season, there have been a lot of really important pieces put in place around the club in general that should hopefully lead to long term success and a positive upwards trajectory. It won’t be long until the men’s side are challenge at the right end of the table like the women’s side is.

I think next season is going to be much, much better than anything we’ve seen for a few years, possibly a decade plus.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Because of a positive start to the new ownership and also massively due to trusting Nathan Jones to get it right, this is the first time in a few years where I won’t be doing the (‘nope I’m not renewing, will buy on a match by match basis’ and then caving in post-deadline and paying more) dance, and I will be renewing nearer to the deadline.
    “Positive start to the new ownership”? We’ve been through three managers in a season and are looking at ending the season in one of our worst finishes in our history!
    There’s a parallel between the start this ownership have made and the start Jones made as manager.

Like the ownership who clearly failed in getting an immediate bounce, Jones also failed to get the famous new manager bounce and took until his fifth game to get a win. Despite that, there were some seriously promising underlying signs in the team’s performances and so it has proved in recent results.

Similarly, despite the disappointing first season, there have been a lot of really important pieces put in place around the club in general that should hopefully lead to long term success and a positive upwards trajectory. It won’t be long until the men’s side are challenge at the right end of the table like the women’s side is.

I think next season is going to be much, much better than anything we’ve seen for a few years, possibly a decade plus.
    What elements are you thinking of?

I know there was some reference to redundancies / restructure of some non football roles but not sure I know if these were positive or just cost cutting. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Didn't someone do a noise test when we first built the upper tier in the covered end, and the back was proven to have the best acoustics?

I understand in theory why people think the lower tier would work for safe standing, but the atmosphere is currently all created from the upper tier so makes sense on that alone imo.
    There is already noise from the upper north so it doesn’t need any encouragement or assistance in making more and that’s why getting safe standing in the lower north makes more sense. Fans standing up tend to be a bit more vocal than fans sitting down There is also the bonus of a stand tending to look more full when fans are standing whereas when they are sitting down the empty seats are more visible. Filling the lower north has a greater effect visually both in the ground, on tv and in photos 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    sorry Shirty but that does not give the answer as to where in the NWQ the youngsters will be located - and so my question
  • Options
    edited March 23
    shirty5 said:
    sorry Shirty but that does not give the answer as to where in the NWQ the youngsters will be located - and so my question
    for it to have any chance of working i'd say it would need to be at least the back 8 rows so it wraps round to the standing section in the north upper but no, it doesn't appear to be defined - maybe anywhere they like that isn't currently taken?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Didn't someone do a noise test when we first built the upper tier in the covered end, and the back was proven to have the best acoustics?

I understand in theory why people think the lower tier would work for safe standing, but the atmosphere is currently all created from the upper tier so makes sense on that alone imo.
    There is already noise from the upper north so it doesn’t need any encouragement or assistance in making more and that’s why getting safe standing in the lower north makes more sense. Fans standing up tend to be a bit more vocal than fans sitting down There is also the bonus of a stand tending to look more full when fans are standing whereas when they are sitting down the empty seats are more visible. Filling the lower north has a greater effect visually both in the ground, on tv and in photos 
    But then you run the risk of splitting the singers and in my opinion there's not enough to do that between the tiers and make a good atmosphere. The atmosphere is more important than how it looks on telly. 
  • Options
    Can someone explain where in the NWQ the teens creche will be located
    NWQ BLOCK E
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, was the F block considered for the safe standing area.. Honestly think the club should have moved it down there, it would create a better atmosphere being closer to the pitch. Plus it will also make the ground look more full to the camera.

I think it should have been put to the vote. 
    Confident that it wouldn’t create a better atmosphere. First of all it would split the singers, most of who currently sit north upper, secondly being so close to the pitch and essentially uncovered the noise would just travel out.

Right decision sticking it in the North Upper.
    Same questions was asked when the singers moved to the top tier.. Personally the atmosphere was better when it was in the F Block.. Bit old school, but that was the area that hardcore singing fans had been for many years.. This would a good chance to go back to that. 

Singers and standing areas in my opinion should be in the F Block
    Atmosphere was only better then as you had that low roof on the covered end. Same reason 1000 fans in the Jimmy Seed can be deafening. 

Always thought it wouls be helpful to make a few holes that could be opened in the jimmy seed stand roof during the game. 

1) lets the sound out upwards
    2) if its raining lets the rain in to dampen the spirits of the away support

Bit of a miserable thing to do to away fans but marginal gains eh, every point matters.
    Pardew didn’t get much right, but he was spot-on when he said that away fans should not be put behind the goal - because it is a small advantage. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    fans@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Croydon said:

Then piss off 1000 fans that have there seats pulled up and hope 1000 move from other places to fill it... makes absolutely no sense. 

Cover from the weather, view, acoustics are all better at the back, I really wouldn't worry how our crowd looks on TV.
  • Options
    Would've liked to have seen some accountability and changes because of the first 6 months, rather than trying to skirt over it like it didn't happen. 

However, under Jones, we seem to be on a better trajectory so hopefully he's given the power to make the changes that we badly need in the summer. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Mrkinski said:

I know there was some reference to redundancies / restructure of some non football roles but not sure I know if these were positive or just cost cutting. 
    The hires from Brighton and Birmingham to help with performance and development, the apparent upgrades to recruitment as well although there’s not been any direct announcements about hires on that front…
  • Options
    Would've liked to have seen some accountability and changes because of the first 6 months, rather than trying to skirt over it like it didn't happen. 

However, under Jones, we seem to be on a better trajectory so hopefully he's given the power to make the changes that we badly need in the summer. 
    They can't get off scot free, or even Scott free for last summer, but the timing of the takeover was terrible. If it had gone through last February as initially planned, the summer window wouldn't have been the awkward split between Sandgaard/Gallen and Scott.
  • Options

They can't get off scot free, or even Scott free for last summer, but the timing of the takeover was terrible. If it had gone through last February as initially planned, the summer window wouldn't have been the awkward split between Sandgaard/Gallen and Scott.
    Michael Appleton and the resulting months that followed was 100% down to them though. 
  • Options
    Ouch. Shittest season for my lifetime followed by a 41% price increase on my group's tickets.  Still overall a fair price as long as we are competitive next season I guess.
    Wow! is that the Directors box rate?  disguised as hot food vendor? or entrance to flats behind Jimmy Seed?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Mrkinski said:

The hires from Brighton and Birmingham to help with performance and development, the apparent upgrades to recruitment as well although there’s not been any direct announcements about hires on that front…
    Thanks and agree. I thought you may have been referencing more non football stuff of which I am less aware. 
  • Options
    Fans generally only tend to sit down because they would be blocking the sight lines of others sitting behind them. If they create a safe standing zone at the back then the row in front will stand also because they won’t be blocking the sightlines of those behind. In turn the row in front of them will stand and so on until most of the upper north will be standing, only they won’t have the benefit of a safety bar. If they are going to introduce a safe standing area then it should be in the lower north where the gradient is less steep and it should cover the wholewe can't actually stand for 90 minutes of the back half of the stand.
    As a regular supporter surely you have noticed that in certain blocks everyone stands already? 
    And others we can't physically stand for 90 minutes with a 15 minute break in the middle.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    the whole north lower should be safe standing - it always was a terrace anyway and just basically had seats originally plonked on it.

then for those down there that still want to sit down, the pricing structure should be such that they can sit in the NU at no extra cost

It's not quite that simple. I've sat in the Lower North a few times and there is a fair smattering of people in my age bracket [60 plus] for whom sitting is  a a health choice as taking the stairs up to the upper North is less than ideal for knees and heart.

I'm in the Upper West and do struggle and am considering moving to the Lower West for health reasons.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been covered but do we know if safe standing has increased, reduced or maintained capacity?

Ps for the person who replies "Yes" I got there first!
  • Options
    Safe standing at the back of the upper is a great idea. It will help the atmosphere towards the east side which will hopefully radiate more as we surge up the leagues (please)
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Not sure if this has been covered but do we know if safe standing has increased, reduced or maintained capacity?

Ps for the person who replies "Yes" I got there first!
    Lost 6 seats or something I think 
  • Options
    Am I the only one to be a little wary of the wording ‘The club’s intention is to introduce a safe standing section’ ?

I assume just a careful wording in case of unexpected issues but still !