Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully Duff, Bowyer or Jones
  • Options
    I didn't realise we have a vacancy
  • Options
    Since when have we ever worried about medical conditions?
  • Options
    Hoping it’s either Pearson or Rowett. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I reckon it'll be someone with a league one promotion on their record personally. They won't risk what happened with the last 2 imo. 
    Welcome back Nigel Adkins / Karl Robinson
  • Options
    edited January 22
    ButtleJR said:
    I reckon it'll be someone with a league one promotion on their record personally. They won't risk what happened with the last 2 imo. 
    Virtually all are in good jobs that have that on their cv from recent years. Realistically it will be very difficult to persuade any of them to buy into our current situation.
  • Options
    It can't be so hard to get players to play out the last 5 minutes and injury time in a tactical way. Any manager should be able to do that at least. I can't believe we are here again. 
  • Options
    new Charlton coach with first team squad

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott will promote himself...
  • Options
    Isn’t Bowyer the current head coach of Montserrat?  
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Can't understand why no one has mentioned  Sam Allardyce🤔 . We are nearly in a relegation scrap after all 😜

• Options
    Can't understand why no one has mentioned  Sam Allardyce🤔 . We are nearly in a relegation scrap after all 😜

Can't afford his gravy budget
  • Options
    Have a feeling that if ... when ... Appleton goes, it may be Chris Powell. Bowyer as an outside bet. 
  • Options
    Apparently Michael Appleton has replaced Michael Appleton.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Have a feeling that if ... when ... Appleton goes, it may be Chris Powell. Bowyer as an outside bet. 
    I don’t. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will definately involve Curbs 
  • Options
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    I wonder if Mark Bonner would be a candidate? 

Did fairly well at Cambridge on a tight budget, young coach, out of work. 

I wouldn't be ecstatic if he landed the job, but he speaks well. I get the feeling he could be the type of manager to unite a fan base and unlike Holden, I think he's a bit more savvy as a manager. As much as people are suggesting Duff (who I'd also like) he only finish 2 points behind him in the league 2 20/21 season. In that season Cambridge were the highest scorers in league 2.

The following season his Cambridge side managed to finish above Duffs Cheltenham and only 1 point behind us with a tighter budget. 

Again it wouldn't inspire many but I reckon he would be a better option than Appleton.

He had a pretty decent start to the season, earned a long contract and then it all went a bit wrong. Surprised he hasn't landed a job elsewhere already 
  • Options
    Bows. 
  • Options
    Roy Hodgson is trying hard to free himself of his current commitments. The old boy clearly wants a shot at managing us.
  • Options
    Isn’t Bowyer the current head coach of Montserrat?  
    yep, forgot about that
  • Options
    Nathan Jones please
  • Options
    Run out of managers. We have to start again at the beginning, Nigel Adkins. Then poach JJ at the start of next season, then Ben Garner..... oh good sorry typo oh god.
  • Options
    Rowett for me has proved he can organise and get more than the sum of the parts out of a squad. Got criticised for negative football but got within one bizarre result of a playoff lottery of getting Millwall into the Premier League. Millwall although well run probably had one of the lowest budgets in The Championship. He had them competing with the top teams and of course got them promoted out of our league. Charltons only priority is to get out of League One. I’d take some boring 1 - 0 wins over what we’ve had in a heartbeat. 
    Yes to Rowett, boring 1-0 nils well if you have to