Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone dealt with Red Robins Retro?

Comments

• Options
    Just seen on Twitter, Blue Woolwich shirt available now.
    Nothing on the site?
  • Options
    Nothing on the site?
    They only do a limited sale then take them off the website as soon as they hit that number. I think for that one they did 80, 50 at first then an additional 30 because those 50 went quickly.
  • Options
    Nothing on the site?
    Sold out.

As an aside has anyone had an delivery issues with them? Ordered a White Adidas one and loads on Twitter saying they have received theirs. Mine hasn't turned up and no response to my queries about it.
  • Options
    Nothing on the site?
    Sold out.

As an aside has anyone had an delivery issues with them? Ordered a White Adidas one and loads on Twitter saying they have received theirs. Mine hasn't turned up and no response to my queries about it.
    Fortunately not, only ordered 3 so far. 2 arrived (including the white Adidas) about the time expected. The other is the half white and green/purple one which I don't believe has been sent out yet.
  • Options
    Nothing on the site?
    https://x.com/redrobinsretro/status/1759991016273133847?s=61&t=5Tz1y3BlAW8Uaiyn3OjB7Q
  • Options
    The club could easily licence the use of their badge (probably the only IP in the older shirts, other than "passing off" rights) to third party companies to make and sell them. Could then have make demands over quality and also take a cut (if they wanted). Unlikely to undercut sales of current shirts, might strengthen their brand, and give them a bit of control. Also as someone said re Arsenal v Reed, they want to avoid acquiescence where they don't prevent unauthorized use, because after a period time you can't then do anything about it (5 years? I don't do a lot of trade mark work these days).
  • Options
    The club is part of the issue, Adidas aren't overly keen on their logo being used on what they would see as knock off merch
  • Options

Hi mate. What size did you go for? 

I had the original of that ecru one but lost it!! 😭
    I've got XL in both. They're very true to size so no need to size up in my experience. 
  • Options
    Still not got mine, not being very helpful at the moment, hope it doesn't come to it, but it's feeling like this might end up being a PayPal dispute.
  • Options

Hi mate. What size did you go for? 

I had the original of that ecru one but lost it!! 😭
    I've got XL in both. They're very true to size so no need to size up in my experience. 
    Cool. I’ve gone for a large which is what I’d probably normally buy for a football shirt, but in the past the sizing of some shirts (especially official ones we sold at the club shop) came up enormous so I would have to end up sizing down rather than up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 22
    They have said the next shirt will be the yellow FADS shirt. WIll be interesting to see what price they give it, as its already available elsewhere for as low as £34 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    They have said the next shirt will be the yellow FADS shirt. WIll be interesting to see what price they give it, as its already available elsewhere for as low as £34 
    Where’s that then?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    cafc999 said:
    Where’s that then?
    https://dpretro.com/
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    The club could easily licence the use of their badge (probably the only IP in the older shirts, other than "passing off" rights) to third party companies to make and sell them. Could then have make demands over quality and also take a cut (if they wanted). Unlikely to undercut sales of current shirts, might strengthen their brand, and give them a bit of control. Also as someone said re Arsenal v Reed, they want to avoid acquiescence where they don't prevent unauthorized use, because after a period time you can't then do anything about it (5 years? I don't do a lot of trade mark work these days).
    On a different subject but related.

My son in law popped into a random sport shop in Melbourne yesterday and sent me this picture of a charlton shirt on sale. I dont recall us playing in it.

I thought it looked quite good.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

My son in law popped into a random sport shop in Melbourne yesterday and sent me this picture of a charlton shirt on sale. I dont recall us playing in it.

21-22 away shirt.

Oxford (A) Aug 2021:

• Options
    Bloody hell. So it is. It was that memorable 🤣
  • Options
    edited February 22
    Still not got mine, not being very helpful at the moment, hope it doesn't come to it, but it's feeling like this might end up being a PayPal dispute.
    I’ve had some trouble too, patchy response times over email for a couple of weeks (usually after a follow up) and then no response on a Twitter DM for the past few days either - trying not to be too upset about it because it’s clearly a small operation.

I’m concerned I’m too late now to make any changes and will have to make sure any future orders are submitted with the right info the first time.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

21-22 away shirt.

Oxford (A) Aug 2021:

Thank goodness they designed that white and red kit, with black shorts. 

Just imagine how difficult it would have been to distinguish the two teams in that picture if Charlton were wearing red shirts and white shorts. 
  • Options
    edited February 23
    McBobbin said:

Fits in really well if you have any Zebras or pandas nearby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 25
    Edited as it's been taken down now in fairness to the seller. 
  • Options
    I purchased a 86/87 home shirt a few months back. Took about 3 weeks to arrive. No problems and fine to deal with 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Fumbluff said:
    cafc999 said:
    Where’s that then?
    https://dpretro.com/
    Thanks, I had a memory that the yellow one didn’t have the same collar as the red one (which I had a retro shirt of before), shame…
  • Options
    edited March 7
    I’ve had some trouble too, patchy response times over email for a couple of weeks (usually after a follow up) and then no response on a Twitter DM for the past few days either - trying not to be too upset about it because it’s clearly a small operation.

I’m concerned I’m too late now to make any changes and will have to make sure any future orders are submitted with the right info the first time.
    F*** the fact they are a small company.

They have your money and not giving you the service you deserve.
    All good now - the shirt I bought finally arrived today. Guess it just took a while to make it over this way. I still didn’t get my question/request about sizes answered but luckily it worked out because it turned out the size I chose was right anyway.

Shirt is well made and I’m looking forward to wearing it so I’m happy despite a bit of heartburn waiting for it to arrive wondering if I’d made a mistake.

I’m sure if you’re U.K. based and you know what size you need the first time you will have no issues BUT don’t expect any real response if you need to change anything on your order so make sure you get it right the first time.
  • Options
    They never responded to any of my attempts to contact them either. Maybe it’s something the Supports Trust could take up with them, if they’re going to be partnering with RRR going forwards.
  • Options

F*** the fact they are a small company.

They have your money and not giving you the service you deserve.
    All good now - the shirt I bought finally arrived today. Guess it just took a while to make it over this way. I still didn’t get my question/request about sizes answered but luckily it worked out because it turned out the size I chose was right anyway.

Shirt is well made and I’m looking forward to wearing it so I’m happy despite a bit of heartburn waiting for it to arrive wondering if I’d made a mistake.

I’m sure if you’re U.K. based and you know what size you need the first time you will have no issues BUT don’t expect any real response if you need to change anything on your order so make sure you get it right the first time.
    Pleased you're happy with it.
  • Options
    Just remembered, ordered the blue woolwich shirt about a month ago and not heard so much as a peep from them. Did anyone else order?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Just remembered, ordered the blue woolwich shirt about a month ago and not heard so much as a peep from them. Did anyone else order?
    Didn't get the blue one but ordered one a few months ago. From memory, it took a fair while to come and they actually closed their twitter DMs so I couldn't get in touch. The shirt itself was really cool but unfortunately some of the seams broke on the first wear which has put me off buying anymore as it is a great idea. 
  • Options
    Score Draw would probably be the best bet for the club to partner with in terms of getting retro shirts done legit. They do seem to cover a couple of the clubs at our level, mainly bigger ones with histories at higher levels, which probably qualifies us! 

Ive bought a few kits off them and they're high quality, but they won't include the details of the manufacturer, so Adidas kits won't have the trefoil logo or the three stripes running down the shoulders which can make some of their kits look odd. 
  • Options
    follett said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Didn't get the blue one but ordered one a few months ago. From memory, it took a fair while to come and they actually closed their twitter DMs so I couldn't get in touch. The shirt itself was really cool but unfortunately some of the seams broke on the first wear which has put me off buying anymore as it is a great idea. 
    I ordered the White One. Didn't turn up and have been having a nightmare getting a refund. Finally got them to acknowledge it was lost and offer a refund a couple of weeks ago. Now no sign of the refund and the response to Twitter DMs has dried up. Really wish they accepted PayPal as the dispute would be far easier to deal with.