Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Port Vale vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 6th January 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Watching from the Netherlands this weekend,  got the drink order sorted to null the pain afterwards
    Orangeboom or Warninks Advocat ?😉
    Drowning in alcoholic custard is just the drink for watching Charlton at present.
  • Options
    May only 50/50, Chem struggling, no fully fit senior striker, playing kids up front....2-0 Port Vale. Well done AS for getting in an experienced striker....NOT!
  • Options
    Not going to make this one but good on all those who are making the trip have a safe trip & hopefully a good win for the mighty CAFC COYR  B)
  • Options
    Wouldn’t expect any of the new players will take any part in this match. Also get abad feeling over Alfie May not playing any part in the match. 
  • Options
    edited January 5
    Sorry FA, just when you put your team up on the review, the club spoil it. Can you do another one next week  :)
  • Options
    The doom and gloom continues. And now we have to battle away without Tedic. Not going to be easy and defeat here really leaves looking over our shoulders. Port Vale to win 1-0 with an early goal and a comfortable win. Apples out.
  • Options
    edited January 6
    They have won 3 of their last 6 games, so in a bit of form.

I'll be satisfied with a point.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    They’ve swapped the ends around for Away fans apparently. Last season we were able to use their social club behind the stand at HT but that’s now for Home fans only.
    Yes, I noticed that on the EFL highlights show earlier this season - would be like us putting home in Jimmy Seed stand and away in Covered End - weird - maybe it’s how away were placed originally, or on Police request

I actually quite like Vale Park 

Yes, the ground is alright, I cannot say the same for Burslem.
     Oi ! I once (very briefly) dated a girl from Burslem. Vicars daughter. My abiding memory is hearing Spanish Train by Chris De Burgh for the first time. 
  • Options
    1-0 95th minute goal and we set a record for the most amount of consecutive late goals in games conceded by human jellyfish 🪼 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect May to start, and Bakinson to be in the squad. It will be very interesting if Louie Watson is in the squad. Appleton clearly has an issue with him, but he hasn't gone back yet.
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    Local weather is dry, bright intervals and cold at the moment 2* not expected to increase much rest of the day. Hope those going have got their thermals on 🥶.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Local weather is dry, bright intervals and cold at the moment 2* not expected to increase much rest of the day. Hope those going have got their thermals on 🥶.
    Thermals ,I  had you down as a tough guy  :)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Thermals ,I  had you down as a tough guy  :)
    I’m just a Southern softie (at heart) mate 😉
  • Options
    Heading off from Shropshire , Lloyd Cole’s ‘Are you ready to be Heartbroken’  first tune on my playlist.
  • Options
    They have not drawn a league game at home this season
  • Options
    If you’re on your way up and changing train at Stoke onto Longport and have 15 mins or more to spare, just outside the main entrance to the station is a little outlet of the local Titanic Brewery (called bod Stoke on Google maps) that’s very nice.

It has a “no football fans” sign in the window but I’m currently enjoying a very nice pint of local ale, they’ve obviously heard that Charlton no longer really counts as football!

• Options
    It's bloody foggy! May still get a result and can sit in the warm in the pub on the beer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And not be put through Charlton misery!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If you’re on your way up and changing train at Stoke onto Longport and have 15 mins or more to spare, just outside the main entrance to the station is a little outlet of the local Titanic Brewery (called bod Stoke on Google maps) that’s very nice.

It has a “no football fans” sign in the window but I’m currently enjoying a very nice pint of local ale, they’ve obviously heard that Charlton no longer really counts as football!

We popped in there last season to decide where to go and drink and stayed for a couple.  Nice bar
  • Options
    Shit,.... fog clearing as I approach longport, the local train station
  • Options
    Has to be a win and a convincing win, completely lost faith with Appleton but don't want to even consider getting dragged in to a relegation scrap.

So hopefully Appleton proves me and the other fans who think he is a dud wrong.
  • Options
    1-0 and we get dragged into relegation fight.
  • Options
    Will throw money away at the stream, very unlikely to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Can we expect the new signings to be in the squad today?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Can we expect the new signings to be in the squad today?
    Cawley said on Twitter he doesn't think they were signed in time
  • Options
    Port Vale 0-1 Charlton

Maynard-Brewer 90+7

I know it can get windy in the potteries but..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!