Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Port Vale vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 6th January 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    They’ve swapped the ends around for Away fans apparently. Last season we were able to use their social club behind the stand at HT but that’s now for Home fans only.
    Yes, I noticed that on the EFL highlights show earlier this season - would be like us putting home in Jimmy Seed stand and away in Covered End - weird - maybe it’s how away were placed originally, or on Police request

I actually quite like Vale Park 
  • Options
    edited January 5
    RedChaser said:
    They’ve swapped the ends around for Away fans apparently. Last season we were able to use their social club behind the stand at HT but that’s now for Home fans only.
    Yes, I noticed that on the EFL highlights show earlier this season - would be like us putting home in Jimmy Seed stand and away in Covered End - weird - maybe it’s how away were placed originally, or on Police request

Yeh it’s not bad, It’ll be about my fifth visit, first was Easter time 1992 midweek when Gritty scored a 25 yarder for a 1-1 draw . We were situated in the far left hand corner as you looked out from last seasons away end. Visit after that was the late penalty (won by Danny Mills?) winner 1998.
  • Options
    Just watched the Apples preview of this...8 and a half minutes of oblique drivel about 'the group' and 'performances', with unrealistic optimism. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I think they redeveloped the stand and the bit behind it has space for a fan zone, so it’s nicer than the other end. So makes sense to not give the away fans the best bit 
  • Options
    P V are on the same points and games played as us, they have won one more game and lost two more .. sooooo, pretty even Stevens .. however, they don't score many and have a far inferior goal difference .. probably (Y A W N) a nailed on draw .. I will not be making the cross country trip this season for this one
  • Options
    Very excited. 

• Options
    Watching from the Netherlands this weekend,  got the drink order sorted to null the pain afterwards
  • Options
    edited January 5
    Watching from the Netherlands this weekend,  got the drink order sorted to null the pain afterwards
    Orangeboom or Warninks Advocat ?😉
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed that Alfie will be fit for this one?
  • Options
    The darkest hour is before the dawn 1-1
    We exist in perpetual twilight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 5
    se9addick said:
    Appleton has said he's 50/50, whilst Chem Campbell is a doubt after rolling his ankle against Oxford
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Appleton has said he's 50/50, whilst Chem Campbell is a doubt after rolling his ankle against Oxford
    Think I’ll take my boots 😉
  • Options
    Not sure I fancy our chances if both Chem and May are out
  • Options
    2-1 win as we limp along to end of season 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    Winning, particularly away from home, with a team incapable of keeping a clean sheet is very, very difficult. It’s hard to imagine any route to three points on Saturday - but sometimes when you least expect it is when Charlton surprise you the most (that’s about the only straw available to clutch). 

Under normal circumstances you would say that having the most lethal striker in England back in our team would be crucial, but with Appleton who knows, will probably pick Alfie in goal if he’s fit. 

Going to this one, mainly for the 92. How long do I have to stay at a match in order for it to count?!
    Don’t worry about that, I could be leaving the ground before you do as I’ll be in the home end 😉.

Freedom pass on the bus for this one mate?  That'll save on the petrol <3
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Yes, the ground is alright, I cannot say the same for Burslem.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    Winning, particularly away from home, with a team incapable of keeping a clean sheet is very, very difficult. It’s hard to imagine any route to three points on Saturday - but sometimes when you least expect it is when Charlton surprise you the most (that’s about the only straw available to clutch). 

Under normal circumstances you would say that having the most lethal striker in England back in our team would be crucial, but with Appleton who knows, will probably pick Alfie in goal if he’s fit. 

Going to this one, mainly for the 92. How long do I have to stay at a match in order for it to count?!
    Don’t worry about that, I could be leaving the ground before you do as I’ll be in the home end 😉.

Being chauffeur driven mate 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:

Being chauffeur driven mate 😉

That is not what I call bus drivers.
  • Options
    Looking at League Table we should not be trailing some of the teams above us at the moment. Perhaps one or two at the top we cant compete with but we should be ahead of say Orient and Northampton - apologies to their fans but we are simply not good enough.
  • Options
    As we were. Another 2-1 defeat unless the new players hit the ground running.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    As we were. Another 2-1 defeat unless the new players hit the ground running.....
    New players?
  • Options
    Get ready for another ear cupping controversy fellow sufferers!
  • Options
    I remember back in the day when the club organised free coach travel to Port Vale for an important promotion match. They ended up hiring any coach with four wheels and we were on some clapped out old banger - but we got there. Port Vale then tried to charge the club for parking the coaches. I believe they were told politely to go away.
    Port Vale took Charlton to court for the parking charges - and won.
    Well - I didn't know that !  Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    I remember back in the day when the club organised free coach travel to Port Vale for an important promotion match. They ended up hiring any coach with four wheels and we were on some clapped out old banger - but we got there. Port Vale then tried to charge the club for parking the coaches. I believe they were told politely to go away.
    Port Vale took Charlton to court for the parking charges - and won.
    Well - I didn't know that !  Thanks for letting me know.
    We lost?  Well i never!
  • Options
    Doubt Bakinson is ready to play matches. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    He came off the bench for Wenesday on NYD
  • Options
    1-1.
  • Options
    Brewer
    Watson - Jones - Hector - Edun
    Campbell - Bakinson - Dobson - Anderson - Blackett
    Kanu

• Options
    edited January 5
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    He came off the bench for Wenesday on NYD
    👍 Good news
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!