Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

1495051525355»

Comments

• Options
    As this is a warm up game rather than one that matters, it would have been more useful for the England batting lineup to have a bigger target to chase. Stick 50 on this and it would be a pressure chase.
  • Options
    A second drop by the keeper, a sitter too.

If that had been a samosa he wouldn't have dropped it.
    I don't understand what is doing in their team. I could understand if he was world class behind the stumps but he's average at best. Is there no-one better in 1st Class cricket in Pakistan ? Its like he won the raffle and 1st prize was a chance to play a benefit match. 
  • Options
    A second drop by the keeper, a sitter too.

If that had been a samosa he wouldn't have dropped it.
    I don't understand what is doing in their team. I could understand if he was world class behind the stumps but he's average at best. Is there no-one better in 1st Class cricket in Pakistan ? Its like he won the raffle and 1st prize was a chance to play a benefit match. 
    Averages 11 and has the feet movement of an elephant in quicksand. He is the son of Moin Khan, former keeper, coach and head selector for Pakistan. That goes a little way in cricket and even more so in Pakistan. Remember their adviser to the Board is one Salman Butt who was found guilty of spot fixing.   
  • Options
    A couple of balls after the bad drop, an edge went down low to his right. It wasn't a chance as it was too wide, but he didn't even go for it, whereas a more agile keeper would at least have dived after it.

He hasn't shown it over here, but he is meant to be a decent striker of the ball.
  • Options
    Why isn't Rizwan keeping in this Pakistan side? Seems bizarre not to have him keep. 
  • Options
    England lose another bowler. Brydon Carse banned for 3 months for betting offences!
  • Options
    England lose another bowler. Brydon Carse banned for 3 months for betting offences!
    Come back Jimmy all is forgiven?
  • Options
    Whether it is because he has this hanging over him I don't know but he has been bang average this season - three FC matches with a return of 1-294 
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Some things really are more important than cricket and sport in general. One of the game's real "good guys". 

May be an image of 1 person playing football and text that says B B SPORT  DERE The last month has been the most challenging of my life when unfortunately my Dad passed away Ive spent the last few YOALS ILO weeks with the people most important to me my family Were all obviously grieving and trying to get through what is 9 undoubtedly the hardest moments in CHLAND our lives IS Its times like this that perspective is at its greatest Chris Woakes
  • Options
    One to watch for the summer - Jamie Smith at Surrey. Has some seriously impressive figures so far this season. Currently watching the T20 Vs Somerset on the stream and he is 80 from 32 balls!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One to watch for the summer - Jamie Smith at Surrey. Has some seriously impressive figures so far this season. Currently watching the T20 Vs Somerset on the stream and he is 80 from 32 balls!
    Was there this evening. He was impressive and annoyed that he got out for 87 but more than half your sides runs is a good go. He also got 76 in the last match so is in excellent form. 

His keeping was as impressive with one excellent catch and a few brilliant stops and very nearly bagged an impossible catch.
  • Options
    Was also there this evening. Surrey did well considering a poor start! 
  • Options
    When you look at the collective scores of the other batsman for both sides, it really shows what an impressive innings that was by Smith.
  • Options
    edited June 3
    Loving all these positive Surrey comments. 
    Keep em coming. 😃
  • Options
    fcuk srryeu
  • Options
    Loving all these positive Surrey comments. 
    Keep em coming. 😃
    Go and get your own thread  :D
  • Options
    Was very shocked that Sussex won last night. Thought 213 on a very good batting pitch at The Oval was going to be well within the abilities of a very strong Surrey batting lineup to chase down especially with how deep they bat and the form Smith has been in but Sussex bowled superbly and it was a bit of a lone hand from Ollie Pope in the end , shame he got stranded on 99* because his innings deserved a ton. 

Would be shocked if Smith isn't around the white ball squads later in the summer , I know his cameo last night was brief but he's a very special talent. 
  • Options

Former England and Gloucestershire fast bowler David ‘Syd’ Lawrence has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND).

The 60-year-old played five Test matches for England and took 625 wickets in 280 matches during a 16-year career at Gloucestershire that ended in 1997.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/cyrrz4xedmvo

• Options
    That is truly devastating news for Syd and his loved ones. Such sad news. 
  • Options
    Really sad news. That awful knee injury is still haunting, as he would surely have played way more for England otherwise.