Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Preview: Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd | Monday 1st Jan 2024 - Kick-Off 15:00

Comments

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    0-5

Something needs to change
    Your never beat the fish !
  • Options
    I feared the worst when it came to appointing Appleton. Had hoped Garner and Holden would do better.
    My fears have come to roost, lets face it his days should be numbered, even if we appointed JP or even Andy Scott as interim surely could not be worse. Appleton ie complete failure (sorry if this upsets some of you but my honest opinion).

Andy Scott as interim , you are of course having a laugh.

Now if you said Sack Andy Scott 👍
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I hope Fraser’s fit, we really missed him at Bristol Rovers.  He would’ve looked right at home staring and static as they got their winner 
    Decent squad player tbf 
  • Options
    Ha, my Oxford mate moaning they have 6 wingers out. I told him Kirk was available.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Ha, my Oxford mate moaning they have 6 wingers out. I told him Kirk was available.
    Just as well they don’t play with wingers then. 😁
  • Options
    Oxford United fans are really making out like they're going to struggle tomorrow. If we can't beat them with a new manager and with an injury crisis, it would be quite alarming 
  • Options
    They owe us a good performance & a good win 
    So Come On You Reds 
    Let's do this  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well season over, midtable dross to look fwd to, yet again. We are a midtable team and the pressure for once is not on us at all as Oxford would expect all 3 pts. We have been bad but surely we cannot lose 3 in a row? Home advantage, 1-1.
  • Options
    Well season over, midtable dross to look fwd to, yet again. We are a midtable team and the pressure for once is not on us at all as Oxford would expect all 3 pts. We have been bad but surely we cannot lose 3 in a row? Home advantage, 1-1.
    We can! And we will! Oxford to shade a scrappy affair, 0-1.
  • Options
    We will know a lot about this squad if we don’t see a big reaction tomorrow! If it’s a repeat of the past few games they have no pride
  • Options
    Bottlers will  be  bottlers, don't matter what year it is!

Crappy New Year.
  • Options
    Look for the players who don’t give a toss tomorrow. It should be lack of skill and nous that loses us the game …nothing else
  • Options
    Look for the players who don’t give a toss tomorrow. It should be lack of skill and nous that loses us the game …nothing else
    And confidence /belief in what they've been told to do on the pitch ? 
  • Options
    The “team” is not good enough, knackered and drained of confidence and hardly any options to shake it up. Can see there being a few goals, but not for us unfortunately. 1-4. Sad times. Really hope I’m proved wrong. 
  • Options
    i've never been more certain of a loss. never bet against my own team til today
  • Options
    Bit of a 'bogey side' Oxford.  However, the mighty Addicks will put them to the sword tomorrow 3-1!
  • Options
    Had a choice between going or clearing out my loft. Chose the latter. A terrible low for someone who has been going since 1979 but I just cannot face it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if we do manage to beat Oxford, it will only be papering over the cracks
  • Options
    Paid the reduced ticket price of £20 & sitting in the AC Stand. Anyone know if the free beer target has been hit yet?

I am trying to look on the positive side & even the worst manager can come up trumps once in a while.

I'm going for a narrow 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Can only see a dismal start to the new year, afternoon cold stroll for Oxford. 0-3.
  • Options
    Can’t see anything beyond another loss, TBH. I’m sticking my life savings on an Oxford win. Can’t see where the goals are coming from. Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet. 
  • Options
    Put £10 on ox win and another on a draw... Never win when I gamble so 🤞
  • Options
    Despite how awful we are, I just can’t see us losing 3 on the spin right now. Against his old team at home with the players knowing the reaction they’ll get if they put in another bad performance, I think we’ll get a result today.

Score draw.
  • Options
    I think we’ll start the new year the way we ended the last one. 0 - 2. 
  • Options
    edited January 1
    A draw at 3.56 is worth a punt I'd say.

A loss is always worth a punt...2.8.
  • Options
    This comment worries me....even more so with Alfie only being 50/50 to play! This is from MA in yesterdays pre-match interview-:
    "We’re still putting ourselves in a position where we are really competitive and putting ourselves in a position where we can win most weeks and we need to do that against Oxford and start converting these draws at home into wins.”
    The bits that concern me I've placed in 'Bold', I do want him to succeed, but comments like this seem so far wide of the mark at this moment in time. Apologies for being negative on the first day of a brand New Year!