Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many Lifers raised or lived in SE7?

Comments

• Options
    Born in British Hospital for Mother’s & Babies 
    Lived in SE7 for 1st 12 years then SE9 for 15 years 
  • Options
    Born in British Hospital for Mothers and Babies.  Lived at 480 Woolwich Road (opposite Cawoods) till I was 19. Went to Thorntree Infants then Sherrington Junior.  For some reason they thought I was intelligent and I ended up at Prendergast Grammar in Catford. It was full of very nice gentle young ladies who didn't know a thing about football but thankfully I did manage to find a couple of normal girls who were also spending their Saturdays at the Valley. Got sent out of a French lesson once for talking to my friend - she was upset cos Alan Campbell was being transferred and for some reason the teacher didn't appreciate the importance of this. Mon dieu!!
  • Options
    lindos480 said:
    Born in British Hospital for Mothers and Babies.  Lived at 480 Woolwich Road (opposite Cawoods) till I was 19. Went to Thorntree Infants then Sherrington Junior.  For some reason they thought I was intelligent and I ended up at Prendergast Grammar in Catford. It was full of very nice gentle young ladies who didn't know a thing about football but thankfully I did manage to find a couple of normal girls who were also spending their Saturdays at the Valley. Got sent out of a French lesson once for talking to my friend - she was upset cos Alan Campbell was being transferred and for some reason the teacher didn't appreciate the importance of this. Mon dieu!!
    What is your Lindos connection please?
    It was my favourite holiday resort back in the 80's.
    I've not been since, but very happy memories.
  • Options
    mother evacuated to Woking from Grove Park for my birth. Moved around a bit besides GP also Catford and Deptford as well as boarding school in Kent. When 17 joined the merchant navy and moved around a lot more but always came back to CAFC when in UK
  • Options
    Yes, early years at Victoria Way, went to Fossdene, Sherington then Charlton Sec on the lower Road. My first bedsit was in Floyd Road when I was 17, followed by a stint in Cherry Tree Orchard for 8 months, then travelled to Woolwich for 5 years, then Peckham for 20 years
  • Options
    Lived in 131 Woolwich Road (the flat above the River Ale House!) until 5 years old, then Springfield Grove SE7 until 18. 
  • Options
    lindos480 said:
    What is your Lindos connection please?
    It was my favourite holiday resort back in the 80's.
    I've not been since, but very happy memories.

hopefully not the result of your one one night stand with a legless bint from Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Born St Alfeges  - home was Shirley House Drive.  Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation & and Wedding in Our Lady Of Grace.  Now in Kent.
  • Options
    Plane tree house, Lansdowne Lane.
    Hopedale road.
    My first flat, Charlton Lane.

You couldn't have got much closer.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2023
    Born in barnehurst, first home I lived in was in the flats on Victoria Way, I was christened at St Luke’s in Charlton village. 
    Moved around a bit after that in Greenwich borough, but lived eventually in Wolfe Crescent, 81 - 85, my dad still lived there until he retired to Herne Bay 15 years ago.

• Options
    Born like a few here born at British Hospital for Mothers and Babies and lived in Dupree Road. Dad was a Fireman at Shooters Hill...he'd be gutted now its a block of flats! Kudos though to ross1...that's bloody close...your probably eligible to play!
  • Options
    Born in Kinveachy Gardens SE7 and lived there for first 25 years..you could hear the crowd roar when we scored and from Maryon Wilson Park could see the floodlights. 
  • Options
    Born in SE18, raised in SE10, live in SE7. 
  • Options
    Brought up in Blackheath, went to Charlton secondary school ( now called The Windrush ) left at 22 now live in North Wales but just can never shake the Charlton fc feeling. Gods knows I have tried over the years !
  • Options
    Born in Lewisham, raised in Mottingham.

Lived in Charlton for about a year when I was 23.
  • Options
    Born in Dartford (hospital) raised in Greenhithe, closest I got to living in SE7 was Well Hall Road SE9. Loved being able to walk to the ground. Lived in Lewisham and Lee for a bit as well.
  • Options
    Born in Brompton Kent, raised in Gravesend, moved away in 83 never moved back.
  • Options
    I lived in Gravesend (85-88) loved it at the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was an ok place back then, you could walk back home from the town over windmill hill late at night without fear of getting mugged.

Town is full of nail bars and barbers now. In fact Kent on line did something on that theme this week. The man at the bottom David Bennett is my father and a lifelong Charlton fan who had to give his season ticket up as it was too hard for him to go.
  • Options
    Born St Nicks Plumstead, raised in Chislehurst.

Lived in Fairthorn Rd SE7 as my first flat. There was a kid who lived in the same road named after the entire 1974/75 side. Don't get more Charlton than that as a family.
  • Options
    Was an ok place back then, you could walk back home from the town over windmill hill late at night without fear of getting mugged.

Town is full of nail bars and barbers now. In fact Kent on line did something on that theme this week. The man at the bottom David Bennett is my father and a lifelong Charlton fan who had to give his season ticket up as it was too hard for him to go.
    Lived in Milton was OK never had any problems.
  • Options
    Born in Abingdon, raised in Charlton from 1948 to 1968, Delafield Road then Priolo Road. Then maried  in 1968 moved to Belvedere, now reside in Chesterfield.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Do I take the prize? Born in Floyd Road, number 66 I think, very near the gates to the car park. Anyone closer than that?
    Born at home, no 63 Floyd Road. Not sure if that's closer to the gates.
  • Options
    Born a glory boy in Sidcup, grew up in Eltham, been a Sidcup glory bit for the last 20 years - my grandad and great uncle had a spell in the workhouse in Woolwich as kids - does that count for anything ?
  • Options
    kakaka said:
    ross1 said:
    Do I take the prize? Born in Floyd Road, number 66 I think, very near the gates to the car park. Anyone closer than that?
    Born at home, no 63 Floyd Road. Not sure if that's closer to the gates.
    I think they are opposite each other, so about the same, except mine backed onto the car park
  • Options
    Born Abbey Wood, then Eltham/New Eltham until 18 but grandparents lived in Guild Road - happy memories of tea, cakes and the football results after a home match.  
  • Options
    surprised how many at some stage have lived in SE7 tbh.

So I reckon:

SE7 - Proper Charlton

SE3, 9, 10 and 18 - Fringe Charlton

The rest of us - Glory boys 
    Surely there should be an elite category for conceived and born in Charlton.
  • Options

Lived in Milton was OK never had any problems.
    St Hilda's Way off Valley drive. Dad still lives in the same house. Milton was ok used to frequent The Prince of Wales. Used to watch Chas and Dave in there for 25p entrance.