Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many Lifers raised or lived in SE7?

Comments

• Options
    Born in Woolwich hospital, lived in SE10 went to Charlton boys in SE7 
    So most of my early life SE7 adjacent. 
  • Options
    Springfield Grove, SE7 for over 1/4 century
  • Options
    Born British Hospital for Mothers and Babies. Grew up at 648 Woolwich Road, directly opposite the big blue Thames Barrier sign. Christened at St Lukes in the village. Went nursery and infants at Thorntree (escaped from there at 4 years old and run back home. Mum found me knocking on the window with a milk bottle). Then went Fosedene up Victoria Way. Moved to Mottingham around 13 / 14 years old.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Born in SE7, raised in SE3 - Westcombe Hill.
  • Options
    Born in Franborough, raised in SE7 on Heathwood Gardens 
  • Options
    Yeah. Kinveachy Gardens
  • Options
    Born and raised in SE13 but did have a flat in SE7 for a couple of years
  • Options
    Lived in Harvey Gardens for a few years as a kid. Could see a bit of the pitch from one of the bedroom windows. Was brilliant. 
  • Options
    Born in Greenwich, raised in Sussex but lived on Charlton Lane for a couple of years in the early 2000s. Kent nowadays.
  • Options
    1960's Charlton Manor, G54 boy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    me ? .. born in Paddock Wood, Nr Tonbridge, grew up in Lewisham/Blackheath borders .. BUT my great grandparents lived in Charlton Lane .. however, G Granddad was a retired Deptford Docks docker and supported Millwall, where he used to take me when I was a mere sprog 
  • Options
    Erith
  • Options
    Elliscombe mount, before the Valley pub, then a transfer to Springfield's :Langhorne House, went to Sherrington School in the 50s, Mother and father and grandparents lived in Tallis Grove.Went to my first Charlton match with my father when I was 5.   
  • Options
    Born in Marlborough Lane and went to Charlton Manor school. My grandparents ran the Liberal Club and my Aunt served behind the bar. Most of that time was during the Second World War.
  • Options
    My grandparents moved to Nigeria Road SE7 from Newcastle in about 1925 (Grandad worked on the gas). My dad, two aunts and two uncles were born and raised there. All of those siblings moved away, but my grandmother lived in that house until about 1990 when she moved to assisted living and my dad bought it from the council. Then I lived there for a bit with him. He sold it in the late 90s.
    When I’m in Charlton, I often drive past it just to have a quick look. It was only small, but I was very fond of that house. ❤️
  • Options
    Wolfe Crescent, Hasted Road, Bramhope Lane,  and early doors on Woolwich Rd opposite the dog track at me nans with an outside loo.
    And an air raid shelter no doubt. As was the case of my grandparents who lived afew doors down from Harvey’s on The Woolwich Rd.
  • Options
    SE3 boy, though did cross the border every day for 4 years in the sixties to go to Sherrington Junior Boys School which is SE7…I guess the next logical step was always going to be to keep walking and on to The Valley 
  • Options
    Born Military Maternity Hospital, Woolwich Common and lived in SE18 for the first 28 years of my life.

• Options
    Born in Hereford, raised in Catford but my heart is at The Valley. 🫀
  • Options
    Born SE18, Crescent Rd, 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope. Born in Sidcup, grew up in Erith, live in West Yorkshire.

However, my aunty and uncle lived on the house next to the club shop on Floyd Road from the late 80s up until about ten years ago. Nice little pre-match visit every other week. 
  • Options
    Having started this thread, I ought to reveal more about myself...

Born in Sherington Road. I lived in Sherington Road for 20-odd years. Attended Invicta Infants and Sherington Junior School. As an adult, I gradually moved further south towards Sussex, with spells and homes in Thailand and Malaysia. I'm now an old fart living in a village in Kent, a mile from the Sussex border. My first appearance at The Valley (so I was told) was when I was 4 or 5 - I was taken for my fifth birthday; it was just before or after my birthday. I can't remember the opposition. It was probably against Huddersfield Town, a boring game that ended with a tennis score. Or maybe not.
  • Options
    Me and my brother davo55 were both born in Woolwich hospital for mothers and babies then living in se3 before moving to Phipps house at the bottom of Victoria way on the junction of Woolwich road.then moving to se9 half way through the 1966 world cup . My brother now living in Wokingham Berkshire, and myself near Sittingbourne Kent.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Yep.  Pound Park Road until I was 5.  Went to Thorntree nursery.  Then I emigrated to Plumstead.
    When we moved to Plumstead we made friends with neighbours a few doors up the road.  Eventually they moved .... to Charlton to take over The Oak.
  • Options
    Born Greenwich then moved to Blaker Court from 2 until 18. Then onto Eastcombe Avenue until married then SE2.
  • Options
    Born in the British Hospital for Mothers and Babies. Apparently lived on Morris Walk when it was built  later Rectory Field Crescent   then Charlton Church Lane when I first started watching CAFC from my bedroom window.
  • Options
    Nope. So am really Millwall? 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Born British Hospital for Mothers and Babies. Grew up at 648 Woolwich Road, directly opposite the big blue Thames Barrier sign. Christened at St Lukes in the village. Went nursery and infants at Thorntree (escaped from there at 4 years old and run back home. Mum found me knocking on the window with a milk bottle). Then went Fosedene up Victoria Way. Moved to Mottingham around 13 / 14 years old.
    Same hospital, same nursery.  Was it you that was always screaming, preventing me from sleeping ?  ;-)