Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Cambridge Utd : Saturday 9th December 2023 : KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    Chen's unexplained absence was confusing, that he's returned, unlike say Kirk, makes it look stupid.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    lolwray said:
    Tedic injured? 
    Tedic is in the bin, pal
    We're gonna need a bigger bin! 
  • Options
    Of course, we like to see our youth in a first team Charlton shirt, part of me still feels it’s a shame we are having to recall our youth players, when ideally, they are out somewhere playing 80+ minutes. Definitely work to do in Jan to grab some experienced players. 
  • Options
    Chen's unexplained absence was confusing, that he's returned, unlike say Kirk, makes it look stupid.
    I presumed he had been frozen out, but maybe there’s a personal reason for his absence, which the club, understandably, don’t want to share. 
  • Options
    Of course, we like to see our youth in a first team Charlton shirt, part of me still feels it’s a shame we are having to recall our youth players, when ideally, they are out somewhere playing 80+ minutes. Definitely work to do in Jan to grab some experienced players. 
    When Hector lumps off after 10 minutes, Deji will get his 80 minutes today...
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    lolwray said:
    Tedic injured? 

He's on the Megabus , northbound on M6 just past Stoke. I'll post a picture if I can... 😉. Sitting next to Kirk
  • Options
    Jones is out for 6 weeks 
  • Options
    Even the water supply is injured. 
  • Options
    Jones is out for 6 weeks 
    Oh bollocks. With Ness out at the moment too on top of this news it makes sense why Deji was recalled.
  • Options
    It's a strange team. Certainly some of that down to injury but I also don't know what Tedic has done to be banished completely (he's not as bad as some on here make out) and I didn't understand why CC was banished completely from squads and now he's starting. Karoy Anderson also can't seem to get near a match day squad.

Suspect it's going to be a long afternoon against a Neil Harris side. Hope we can keep the ball and use our pace to get past their fullbacks. Keep corners out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jones is out for 6 weeks 
    Really?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    It's a strange team. Certainly some of that down to injury but I also don't know what Tedic has done to be banished completely (he's not as bad as some on here make out) and I didn't understand why CC was banished completely from squads and now he's starting. Karoy Anderson also can't seem to get near a match day squad.

Suspect it's going to be a long afternoon against a Neil Harris side. Hope we can keep the ball and use our pace to get past their fullbacks. Keep corners out. 
    Anderson gave a very good idea of why he's not been near any squad vs Reading. We were in control of the game, then he replaced Dobson, then we looked like a complete rabble 
  • Options
    Jones is out for 6 weeks 
    Really?
    @Sir Chrissy is normally spot on with this stuff.
  • Options
    Jones is out for 6 weeks 

Massive blow, he's been really good recently.
  • Options
    Let’s hope CBT or May can get us an early goal as our bench are filled with kids who should be playing non league football right now
  • Options
    Turn ya mike on Dobbo!!
  • Options
    I presumed he had been frozen out, but maybe there’s a personal reason for his absence, which the club, understandably, don’t want to share. 
    Yeah that's a good point. I certainly felt he was good enough to make the bench in recent weeks.

Apples seems very fast to freeze out players. I'm not sure I like that. I appreciate that youth are given a shot but it does feel like cutting off your nose to spite your face sometimes 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Leuth said:
    SDAddick said:

Anderson gave a very good idea of why he's not been near any squad vs Reading. We were in control of the game, then he replaced Dobson, then we looked like a complete rabble 
    C’mon now be fair he wasn’t the total reason for the drop off in team performance but he was one of the straws that broke the camel’s back.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    SDAddick said:

C’mon now be fair he wasn’t the total reason for the drop off in team performance but he was one of the straws that broke the camel’s back.
    Dobson and Jones going of did tip the balance I think...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful to lose Jones especially today against his old team but having Thomas back is certainly no substitute. Even a win today doesnt move us up the table. Now we have the look of a youth team. You couldn't make it up. Anyway let's hope the kids do themselves proud. 
  • Options
    Jones injured and a bloody power cut in Sri Lanka. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    What will be crucial is the fans getting behind the team and being patient with those thrown in to cover the regulars.
  • Options
    Ground feels empty 
  • Options
    Jones is out for 6 weeks 
    Thats what happens when you play first teamers in a tin pot competition ...
  • Options
    Even the water supply is injured. 

So the club isn’t taking the piss ?
  • Options
    Yep but Apples was damned if he did or didn’t.
  • Options
    That midfield has overrun written all over it. Fraser doesn't have the engine to play box to box alongside Dobson
  • Options
    Just played 2 cup games, surely could have given Chem minutes to get a bit of fitness. Nope, just start him in the league.  
    Just does more and more things as a manager which are starting to make me doubt him 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!