Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your total number of games

124»

Comments

• Options
    So sounds like we’ve never played at (current stadiums) :
    -Tottenham
    -West Ham (with fans)
    -Brentford 
    -Salford
    -Barrow
    -Harrogate 

(Everton will join that list soon when opened)

any more ? 
    Arsenal?
    Brighton?
    We played at the Emirates in our last top flight season and two or three times at the Amex. 
  • Options
    So sounds like we’ve never played at (current stadiums) :
    -Tottenham
    -West Ham (with fans)
    -Brentford 
    -Salford
    -Barrow
    -Harrogate 

(Everton will join that list soon when opened)

any more ? 
    Arsenal?
    Brighton?
    I’ve seen us play at Brighton a few times. Also, I’m sure we played at the Emirates the season we got relegated ? 
  • Options
    Slow work day today, so I went through all 4 divisions, and worked out every stadium I have watched Charlton at (excluding The Valley) in a competitive match (not friendlies etc) - it’s 60 grounds - which I was a bit taken aback by - these are mainly their previous grounds i.e. most Prem clubs are in new grounds (Arsenal, Spurs etc etc)  - included are 2 Natl League grounds, who were former league clubs (Southend and Dag & Red)

This will rise to 63 this season after Blackpool, Barnsley and Fleetwood 

It’s Div 4 where I have lots of missing grounds 

But also, many grounds where I went to the previous ground, but not the new ground 

I’m rather proud of this - certainly put the miles in supporting Charlton (and seen plenty of dross performances !!!)
    Don't worry. Should be plenty of chances for you to tick off Division 4 grounds over the coming years.
  • Options
    Can you imagine how many Seb would be on right now  :'(

His brother Olly has been to a mountain of games, flying past 1000 :)
    He'll likely catch me up in another 20 years  :)
  • Options
    Between the first game back at the Valley till the end of RD first season owning us I missed 5 home games and only done less than double figures since. A mixture of boycott and lack of enthusiasm for a group of overpaid nit wits 
  • Options
    I dread to think. Think with 1st team alone 4 figures, friendlies, reserves etc and silly cup like tonight don't have a bad record. Would be much richer but lifetimes obsession that is worth much more than a pound note
    If I have done 140'ish, I reckon you must have down around 170 grounds.
    Either way, I doff my cap to you.
  • Options
    Hey it's probably not that impressive tbh but I haven't missed a home league game in 17 seasons, and have done 25 aways in that time, not to mention most of the home cup games
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    Between the first game back at the Valley till the end of RD first season owning us I missed 5 home games and only done less than double figures since. A mixture of boycott and lack of enthusiasm for a group of overpaid nit wits 
    Sad to hear @cafckev hope you get the big back again mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Hey it's probably not that impressive tbh but I haven't missed a home league game in 17 seasons, and have done 25 aways in that time, not to mention most of the home cup games
    Amazing record, given those seasons. Out of interest @sam3110 what’s been the reasoning of why such commitment hasn’t spilled over into than just one away game a season?

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Amazing record, given those seasons. Out of interest @sam3110 what’s been the reasoning of why such commitment hasn’t spilled over into than just one away game a season?

I work in hospitality so getting Saturdays off is a struggle as it is, sometimes I push my shift back to a 5pm or 6pm start and leave early if necessary. Away games are usually London games or the occasional big away game that I book off in advance/midweek games. 
  • Options
    I just told my wife (who doesn’t care about Charlton really) about a few of the loyal fans on here.

She said that the owners should pay more attention to these fans: ’it’s like patients who’ve been on dialysis for years and years - they end up knowing more than the doctors.’

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Evening everyone,

I was bored last night so sat and worked out my total number of Charlton games since my first one, Swindon at Selhurst on the opening day of 1990/91. 

I always knew my total for each of those early seasons but it's been years since I kept a tally. I have clearer memories of the 1990s seasons of my youth than the past decade. 

I have done 763 games of which 265 are away games. I didn't include friendlies. (Not sure why I didn't as I've done two Dublin tours and Belgium.) An average of just over 20 games per season. I've done two thirds of our home games in my 33 years of support and a third of our away games. 

I'm not entirely sure why I'm sharing this, perhaps having read the Cheltenham attendance thread I wanted to convince myself and others that this labour of love that is following Charlton Athletic is worth it. I felt a sense of pride that I have lived up to the song and travelled many miles. 

We are in a trough right now but I still enjoy going to our matches. I don't know if this amounts to a call to arms but perhaps a way to get us all to pause and reflect as to what made you fall in love with our club in the first place. 

I'd love to know other people's records of those who keep track. 
    So, Burton, two days before Christmas Day will be your 500th home game..?
    What a way to bring up the 500. Roll on the next 500.