Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your total number of games

Comments

• Options
    @clive that record puts you in what I would call ‘big hitter’ territory 

I’d have to get my dad to help me out on mine, but I know his would be pretty respectable, similar to @Covered End’s home record, he’s missed a sprinkling of home games in a similar time period.

I had my run at it from 99-02, missing one game in 4 seasons.  At a guess, I think definitely north of 500, can’t quite work out the maths to know if it’s 1000 plus.  
  • Options
    First taken to The Valley in 1976 by my late Dad

If I went through ‘Home and Away’ book I could work it out I think

From Dowie season I fell out of love with Charlton / football for a few years, but got the bug back again 

I would say it’s 750 plus 

As an aside, on the train to Pompey away a few weeks back, my mates and I went through all 4 divisions / clubs / grounds and asked each other ‘have you watched Charlton play there’ - I was genuinely rather shocked at how many I have been to

We were very beered up, so I can’t recall my list - but when I have a spare hour I will sit down and list them out 
  • Options
    First few years (from 1973) were Luton home games, of course, then both from mid-eighties. Just CAFC from '88/89 - home and away for a few years - then almost only home, after that we moved here twenty years ago, so sporadic since with the odd Imortal Albufeira game thrown in until recently. Add a few England games and the very odd one as a neutral, a wild guess would be about 1000 matches in total?   
  • Options

From Dowie season I fell out of love with Charlton / football for a few years, but got the bug back again 

As an aside, on the train to Pompey away a few weeks back, my mates and I went through all 4 divisions / clubs / grounds and asked each other ‘have you watched Charlton play there’ - I was genuinely rather shocked at how many I have been to

We were very beered up, so I can’t recall my list - but when I have a spare hour I will sit down and list them out 
    If you manage to see your team play at all of the grounds in four divisions it’s a “golden 92”!

Amazing record @clive , you must have seen some right old tosh in that time though!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If you manage to see your team play at all of the grounds in four divisions it’s a “golden 92”!

Amazing record @clive , you must have seen some right old tosh in that time though!
    Can’t claim that I have done the 92 by any stretch - but a ‘Golden 92’ must surely be the Holy Grail of following your team 😃
  • Options
    I've done 118 away games (plus 5 away  pre season friendlies) as I've kept a record of them.

No idea how many home games I've done, as while I've been regular since 1992 (and went to a small number before then), I will miss the occasional league game. And not gone to some cup games. So lets say 21 home games a season on average, 22*31 = 682.

Around 800!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Can’t claim that I have done the 92 by any stretch - but a ‘Golden 92’ must surely be the Holy Grail of following your team 😃
    Yeah I think it’s only really possible for fans of teams who have been all four divisions in short period of time. Must only be a small number of people who have actually done it. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Yeah I think it’s only really possible for fans of teams who have been all four divisions in short period of time. Must only be a small number of people who have actually done it. 
    We are close though. I was gutted to miss Newport as I was on holiday. It's one of four I'm missing, along with Barrow, Salford and Harrogate. (West Ham and Brentford I count from their old grounds.) 

We will definitely have a fair few fans who've seen us at all except Salford & Harrogate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Fans of teams like Luton and Swansea who have experienced all 4 divisions in a short period have a chance. And even then, there will be new teams getting promoted to the EFL that they've never played or not for a long time, such as Sutton or Barrow.
  • Options
    I've missed 5 home games in 50 years = @1150
    Half the away games = @500
    So maybe 1500/1650 at a guess. 
    Bloody disgrace, call yourself a supporter! Plastic Fans, Eh;)
  • Options
    Started going in 1966 aged 11.
    Back in the 70s I used to go to most away games.
    I've been a season ticket holder since we returned to the Valley and up until recently I used to average about 15 aways each season. 
    Been to about 80 different grounds over the years and stilltry and tick off new ones occasionally. 
    As for how many games I haven't got a clue. 
    Lots is my answer. 
    I always thought 72 was your date of birth Rambo.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Wolves and Northampton.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Wolves and Northampton.
    Luton the most likely? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Wolves and Northampton.
    Northampton probably haven’t played at too many premier league grounds in recent history?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Wolves and Northampton.
    Northampton probably haven’t played at too many premier league grounds in recent history?
    I mentioned Northampton as they had three promotions very quickly so fans would have had the opportunity to do the '92.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    No idea on home games as have been going regularly all my life (born in 76) and my Mum who originally took me is useless a remembering games.

Away games (League and Cup) is 350+
    Think you have been to more away games than that?
    Ask your brother 😎
  • Options
    In 60 years of supporting the club, about 500 home, (big gap late 70s - early 90s)  away about 60. 
    Now doing as many aways as possible as i now have the time and the money to indulge myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First stated going in 1967, would hazard a guess as 1000plus.

Just had a look at away Cup games have been to 49 away cup ties in all competitions.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    I use the Futbology app to record the games I attend, so my estimate is fairly accurate. 

I was told by my parents that I started to go when I was four years old; the truth is that I don’t remember not going. I did miss some early season games when I was taken on holiday as a child. But my Dad bought our first season tickets in 1974 because we’d only missed a couple of games in the previous ten years. I’ve had a season ticket ever since. 

My first away game outside London was Coventry in the FA cup. I’ve now seen Charlton play on 137 grounds. 

The Futbology app shows I’ve been to 2,011 games, but that includes 11 non Charlton games. So, I’ve just realised the Cheltenham game was theoretically my 2,000th Charlton game. 

I don’t do as many away games these days as I now live in mid Kent where travelling is more difficult than from Essex. And I can usually watch a live stream somewhere.

Not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed by this record. 
    Proud 👏 
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    I use the Futbology app to record the games I attend, so my estimate is fairly accurate. 

I was told by my parents that I started to go when I was four years old; the truth is that I don’t remember not going. I did miss some early season games when I was taken on holiday as a child. But my Dad bought our first season tickets in 1974 because we’d only missed a couple of games in the previous ten years. I’ve had a season ticket ever since. 

My first away game outside London was Coventry in the FA cup. I’ve now seen Charlton play on 137 grounds. 

The Futbology app shows I’ve been to 2,011 games, but that includes 11 non Charlton games. So, I’ve just realised the Cheltenham game was theoretically my 2,000th Charlton game. 

I don’t do as many away games these days as I now live in mid Kent where travelling is more difficult than from Essex. And I can usually watch a live stream somewhere.

Not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed by this record. 
    That’s an easy answer mate, proud ! Very proud !! 
  • Options
    does watching on Charlton TV count? 
    Gillingham was my first away game for years....hmm. League 1 should be called Northern Division. Looking forward to Leyton Orient
  • Options
    Not a clue! First game in 1964 and since then some years pretty much every home and about half away, other years none at all (work/young family), and for the last 17 years in exile about 10-15 a season mixed home and away even though I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 25 years. 

So probably 500'ish but could be more. 
  • Options
    Had a season ticket since 2001. Missed a fair chunk of games whilst at university. Maybe about 50 away games so I reckon about 400-450ish 
  • Options
    You should all download the Futbology app and count them that way. Goes back to 1970 I believe . Great app