Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your total number of games

Comments

• Options
    bit like @bobmunro .. first game 1961, never a 'regular' as I played a lot of sport on Saturdays and was abroad at different times .. so no real idea of my attendance record, been nil so far this season  :/
    A big bow and hats off to those on here who have almost 100% attendance .. lots of joy mixed in with too much pain, I salute you gentlemen (and ladies IF that applies) 
  • Options
    For away games, I had to go through my old programmes (if I still had them) and my memory bank to create a spreadsheet of them, which I now update with every defeat. And even then I managed to miss out a game at Vicarage Road, which I had forgotten about until a couple of weeks ago when I saw a photo I took that day!

I've no idea about home games, as I never kept records, so would have no idea if I missed a game in February 1994 because of the flu!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    You should all download the Futbology app and count them that way. Goes back to 1970 I believe . Great app 
    Depends how good you memory is.
    I can't even remember what games I went to a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Over 950+ games since 1980 
  • Options
    Some quality efforts posted above. For me I would say Somewhere around the 2-300 mark. Had a season ticket for about 6 years but with work and kids I haven't had one for a little while. Still try to get up as much as possible but rarely more than 5-8 games a season now sadly.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    First taken to The Valley in 1976 by my late Dad

If I went through ‘Home and Away’ book I could work it out I think

From Dowie season I fell out of love with Charlton / football for a few years, but got the bug back again 

I would say it’s 750 plus 

As an aside, on the train to Pompey away a few weeks back, my mates and I went through all 4 divisions / clubs / grounds and asked each other ‘have you watched Charlton play there’ - I was genuinely rather shocked at how many I have been to

We were very beered up, so I can’t recall my list - but when I have a spare hour I will sit down and list them out 
    If you manage to see your team play at all of the grounds in four divisions it’s a “golden 92”!

Amazing record @clive , you must have seen some right old tosh in that time though!
    Can’t claim that I have done the 92 by any stretch - but a ‘Golden 92’ must surely be the Holy Grail of following your team 😃
    Yeah I think it’s only really possible for fans of teams who have been all four divisions in short period of time. Must only be a small number of people who have actually done it. 
    We are close though. I was gutted to miss Newport as I was on holiday. It's one of four I'm missing, along with Barrow, Salford and Harrogate. (West Ham and Brentford I count from their old grounds.) 

We will definitely have a fair few fans who've seen us at all except Salford & Harrogate. 
    New spurs ground ? 
  • Options
    when did this app come into existence, and how can you remember which games you went to 25 years previously !!

• Options
    At times, the answer is too many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slightly off topic, but I remember playing a Sunday League match many moons ago, and one of the opposition players had kept a record of every single game he ever played in - he had a notebook for each season - that game we played them was his 1,000th game !!!

He obviously had every result, but also wrote a brief description of every match

Mind you, his team were crap, as was he - we beat them 9-0 - should have been 20-0 - he played CB, and I ran rings round him, and I scored 5 of the goals 😃
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    First taken to The Valley in 1976 by my late Dad

If I went through ‘Home and Away’ book I could work it out I think

From Dowie season I fell out of love with Charlton / football for a few years, but got the bug back again 

I would say it’s 750 plus 

As an aside, on the train to Pompey away a few weeks back, my mates and I went through all 4 divisions / clubs / grounds and asked each other ‘have you watched Charlton play there’ - I was genuinely rather shocked at how many I have been to

We were very beered up, so I can’t recall my list - but when I have a spare hour I will sit down and list them out 
    If you manage to see your team play at all of the grounds in four divisions it’s a “golden 92”!

Amazing record @clive , you must have seen some right old tosh in that time though!
    Can’t claim that I have done the 92 by any stretch - but a ‘Golden 92’ must surely be the Holy Grail of following your team 😃
    Yeah I think it’s only really possible for fans of teams who have been all four divisions in short period of time. Must only be a small number of people who have actually done it. 
    We are close though. I was gutted to miss Newport as I was on holiday. It's one of four I'm missing, along with Barrow, Salford and Harrogate. (West Ham and Brentford I count from their old grounds.) 

We will definitely have a fair few fans who've seen us at all except Salford & Harrogate. 
    New spurs ground ? 
  • Options
    Are there many grounds we haven’t played at ? I’m sure we’ve not played at Spurs new ground ? West Ham, I believe only with no fans (covid). Brentford ? I can’t recall it. Are these right ? Are there many more ?
  • Options
    Have we ever played Barrow before? I can't find any games between us from their previous time in the league.
  • Options
    Are there many grounds we haven’t played at ? I’m sure we’ve not played at Spurs new ground ? West Ham, I believe only with no fans (covid). Brentford ? I can’t recall it. Are these right ? Are there many more ?
    Correct with the above.
  • Options
    Have we ever played Barrow before? I can't find any games between us from their previous time in the league.
    Am certain we have not played here either.
  • Options
    Salford & Harrowgate Town?
  • Options
    So sounds like we’ve never played at (current stadiums) :
    -Tottenham
    -West Ham (with fans)
    -Brentford 
    -Salford
    -Barrow
    -Harrogate 

(Everton will join that list soon when opened)

any more ? 
  • Options
    -Tottenham
    -West Ham (with fans)
    -Brentford 
    -Salford
    -Barrow
    -Harrogate 

any more ? 
    These are my remaining grounds which is why I've kinda given up on the 92.
    As soon as you achieve it there's more new grounds. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    when did this app come into existence, and how can you remember which games you went to 25 years previously !!

I’ve been using it 7-8 years at a guess. 

I used to collect Matchday programmes religiously as a kid, so that helped me with the first 15 years or so. 

From that point onwards I knew which games I’d been to. As it goes, the home games I missed would stand out more in my mind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    one of my first away games slightly off topic but the worst two away grounds I’ve ever been to were Workington town in 1975 and the old shay ground Halifax in 1974
  • Options
    I update footballgroundmap whenever I go to a new ground. I don't log the number of visits there though.

, as 

• Options

I do the same.
  • Options
    First game 1972.  Some games stand out, most are lost in the recesses of my mind, the majority if you sum it up.  Got to be into 200's, mostly ho.e games and then dropped off dramatically due to health issues in recent years.  Some of you are champions, well played!
  • Options
    Odd games as a youngster with my dad. Season ticket from 1997 onwards, I must have known it was getting interesting! Season ticket for 21 years until kids and work took hold. Reckon somewhere between 400-500. Bloody hell. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Can you imagine how many Seb would be on right now  :'(
  • Options
    first game in 1977/78 season and had a ST ever since, missed a few home games each year so probably average 20 per season, factor in alot more away games when younger and pre-kids then I must be nudging 1,000 games 
  • Options
    Can you imagine how many Seb would be on right now  :'(

His brother Olly has been to a mountain of games, flying past 1000 :)
  • Options
    Slow work day today, so I went through all 4 divisions, and worked out every stadium I have watched Charlton at (excluding The Valley) in a competitive match (not friendlies etc) - it’s 60 grounds - which I was a bit taken aback by - these are mainly their previous grounds i.e. most Prem clubs are in new grounds (Arsenal, Spurs etc etc)  - included are 2 Natl League grounds, who were former league clubs (Southend and Dag & Red)

This will rise to 63 this season after Blackpool, Barnsley and Fleetwood 

It’s Div 4 where I have lots of missing grounds 

But also, many grounds where I went to the previous ground, but not the new ground 

I’m rather proud of this - certainly put the miles in supporting Charlton (and seen plenty of dross performances !!!)
  • Options
    -Tottenham
    -West Ham (with fans)
    -Brentford 
    -Salford
    -Barrow
    -Harrogate 

any more ? 
    Arsenal?
    Brighton?