Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Can I ask why fiorini not playing all season is an issue to our fan base but fosu who has had even less game time would be accepted?
    Fair point. However, that would be because we know what Fosu is capable of and we have seen him play at a higher level successfully at Brentford and Rotherham. We have seen literally nothing from Fiorini since joining us.
  • cabbles said:
     I just hope we have enough quality to avoid relegation.  I’m not sure we do at the moment.  It could be skin of our teeth type stuff 
    Relegation not an issue 
    That aged well.
    I thought Aneke was definitely going to be on the bench today as well Ronnie? Weird that he hasn’t even started training with the 1st team yet. 
  • .RonnieMoore said:

Our lack of attacking midfield makes me feel ill. If we could keep hold of the ball in forward areas for longer then it would massively assist our defence. The ball just comes back at us endlessly 
    Camara and Aneke both could be on the bench 
    Thanks for the heads up, Ron.
  • Sage said:
    I know everyone always says about former players or not signing them or whatever it might be, and they’re fair points… but in terms of creativity and someone who can play in the 10 role behind the front two, I don’t think there will be a better player out there on a free than Tariqe Fosu…
    If he was fully match fit and ready to go then I would agree with you.
    The fact that he's not played any meaningful football this season probably means it would take a month or so to bring him up to speed. 
    We need someone who is match fit and can come straight into the team.
  • Sage said:
    I know everyone always says about former players or not signing them or whatever it might be, and they’re fair points… but in terms of creativity and someone who can play in the 10 role behind the front two, I don’t think there will be a better player out there on a free than Tariqe Fosu…
    The fact that he's not played any meaningful football this season probably means it would take a month or so to bring him up to speed. 
    You won’t find any out of contract players who are match fit and ready to do that .
  • Very happy with this appointment. Would have preferred Duff, would have accepted Rowatt but it’s a statement of intent getting Jones in. In turn he must have wanted certain assurances over player selection, budget for next season etc and must have got them otherwise I’m sure he wouldn’t have accepted.

Pleased they didn’t go for a short term appointment, like Warnock. Jones just needs to ensure he keeps us up and whilst doing so can assess the squad in terms of individual ability and individual character. He will find out a lot in a relegation battle. Then recruit properly over the summer, get rid of the deadwood, and hopefully next season will be a lot more successful.

Hopefully things will look a lot brighter after the next ten days. I’m not convinced by many of our new signings but I do believe we have players who are better than our league position suggests so Nathan just needs to pick the right team and get a half decent tune out of them.

Welcome Nathan and all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• ^^^^ Wrong thread @LargeAddick
  • RedChaser said:
    ^^^^ Wrong thread @LargeAddick
    Thanks !!
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    You won’t find any out of contract players who are match fit and ready to do that .
    Which is why I suspect we didn't get in the much speculated/rumoured "No. 10" player or another big guy striker. The operating theory seems to be that we've got enough already for Jones to stabilise and pull clear of the bottom and summer will see the rebuild continued.

I don't know that I agree with that logic but that's my interpretation of what is happening - less signings for signings sake and more long term planning (with the caveat of not knowing if its a GOOD plan of course...)
  • Can I ask why fiorini not playing all season is an issue to our fan base but fosu who has had even less game time would be accepted?
    Because free agents are all we can sign now. And Fosu would fill a clear gap in our squad.
    But he would not be fit at all .. 2 months to get up to speed …. Look Fiorni and Ladapo who have been playing under 23 and sub apps there not match fit need a few weeks to get sharpe

Because free agents are all we can sign now. And Fosu would fill a clear gap in our squad.
    But he would not be fit at all .. 2 months to get up to speed …. Look Fiorni and Ladapo who have been playing under 23 and sub apps there not match fit need a few weeks to get sharpe

Someone has hacked Ronnies account !!

Someone has hacked Ronnies account !!
    Ive found myself agreeing with some of his posts lately.

this means
    1. Colin has changed
    2. as you said, hacked account
    3. I am now a WUM 
  • Before people mention Fosu , he's on trial in MLS currently with Charlotte FC who are now under the management of Dean Smith. Some interesting names there for sure but no one that really sticks out. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Before people mention Fosu , he's on trial in MLS currently with Charlotte FC who are now under the management of Dean Smith. Some interesting names there for sure but no one that really sticks out. 
    I’d take a punt on Ejaria, obviously things didn’t work out at Reading but at least we’d have another winger in the building 
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Before people mention Fosu , he's on trial in MLS currently with Charlotte FC who are now under the management of Dean Smith. Some interesting names there for sure but no one that really sticks out. 
    I’d take a punt on Ejaria, obviously things didn’t work out at Reading but at least we’d have another winger in the building 

Yeah I'd take a punt on Ejaria to play wide or as a 10 in a diamond. Was very highly rated when he first went to Reading but didn't seem to work out for him. 
  • Connor Wickham might be the physical presence up top we need.

Not a "pretty" or "glamorous" signing but a lump to lead the line.
    It’s a good shout 
  • Wickham hasn’t played for ages, won’t be fit.
  • Wickham hasn’t played for ages, won’t be fit.
    He’ll fit right in. 
  • Gillis said:
    That account is full of shite, reminds me of the league 1 fan account, just tweets nonsense, copy and paste with no knowledge behind it. They don't even attempt to come across genuine these types of accounts. 
  • Gillis said:
    That account is full of shite, reminds me of the league 1 fan account, just tweets nonsense, copy and paste with no knowledge behind it. They don't even attempt to come across genuine these types of accounts. 
    It's all about getting clicks and engagements to earn some money
  • fenaddick said:
    Gillis said:
    It's all about getting clicks and engagements to earn some money
    It is the same as when they deliberately create controversial tweets knowing a certain fan base will engage with the tweet. Problem is, it works so won't stop anytime soon.