Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Brownie12 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Anyone know who this is ??
    Nathan Jones?
    You been garn too lorng!
    I liked it Soapy, Supremes version for me though 
  • Does not feel like coincidence that we have signed 2 saints related players in two days.

Left back by trade, but looks like he’s been playing right midfield this year. So can cover a few positions, be interesting to see where we deploy him. 
    Thought he'd barely been playing at all for St Mirren.
    Oh, yeah, 5 or so games. But those he played it says at RM which seems unusual for a LB by trade.
  • Lee Evans has been released by Ipswich, decent player at this level.
  • Evans is a solid player at this level but would be yet another CDM. 
  • Davo55 said:

Not the most flattering photo of him tbf. Looks like he's been left for dead and is blowing out of his arse :smiley:
    He'll do nicely then...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Evans is a solid player at this level but would be yet another CDM. 
    Yeh, like George...🤔
  • Lee Evans has been released by Ipswich, decent player at this level.
    bit sweaty
  • The window was 0/4 on the Campbell/Matt Smith Index
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDK6PycfUww

Good watch and shows how much effort goes into each signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• No end-of-window video with Andy Scott?
  • Does not feel like coincidence that we have signed 2 saints related players in two days.

Left back by trade, but looks like he’s been playing right midfield this year. So can cover a few positions, be interesting to see where we deploy him. 
    We'll be getting Steve Williams and Matt Le Tissier in soon.
    That'll bolster things up.
  • Chunes said:
    No end-of-window video with Andy Scott?
    On gardening leave hopefully.
  • I’m giving this window. … 5 out of 10.
    Massively disappointing we were out muscled for JCH and Collins, and lost CBT.

Could we have done that much more on those 3 players though?

JCH - put in a big bid for a guy with 5 months left on his contract. He's decided to stay and see out his contract.
    Collins - put in a big bid but he's chosen a club who look like they're going up.
    CBT - offered him a new deal but he wanted to move back closer to home.

I'm not trying to claim it's been an amazing window, but i don't think the club can be faulted for much on those 3 players. And when you factor in the signings of the likes of Coventry, Ladapo and potentially also getting Jones as manager, it's clear the owners are upping their game. If we are after similar level targets in the summer to JCH and Collins then next season should see us contending at the right end of the table.
    Yes pertinent comments Chris, with the benefit of 24 hours calming down i would give a higher mark than 5.
     Really we have to wait for some newbies to get fit before judging. Thinking Ladapo, Fiorini, Bakinson & Coventry.
    The two fullbacks/wingbacks look interesting, Ramsey should be fit.
    I was impressed with todays CAST interview of independent director Gavin Carter - 'It's a long term project'. Just as I was impressed by CEO Rodwell at Bromley.
     As always though judge on results not talk.   
  • Never underestimate the power of a squad bond.

I reckon Jones accepted the job a couple of days ago and when asked who he wanted to bring in he held back.
    Why decimate a squad in a relegation battle?
    No. Keep them together. Build some confidence and get out of this mess. Could do wonders for the promotion push next season should they push away from the relegation zone this season.
    They are more than good enough to get out of this mess.
  • Chunes said:
    No end-of-window video with Andy Scott?
    On gardening leave hopefully.
    Why … 
  • a good manager will make a massive difference of course _ using WIOTOS however, we have of course, no idea whether we have one or not now.... - but the worry still remains that most of the signings have been made by scott and going by previous evidence to date, he has brought in some proper duds so if NJ can't get a tune out of these, scott has to go surely and NJ has to be given the full reigns - got nothing against andy scott and i was very hopeful he would be good but the evidence to date is a big concern  
  • Sponsored links:

• If there is any half decent striker who can hold the ball up, on the free transfer list, we need him desperately
  • Conor Wickham I think but not gonna be match fit, doubt anyone will be. Expect him to sign tomorrow.
  • How short on quality and creativity this squad still is, was very much still on show today. Hopefully there’s some decent free agents still out there. 🤞🏼
  • Sage said:
    I know everyone always says about former players or not signing them or whatever it might be, and they’re fair points… but in terms of creativity and someone who can play in the 10 role behind the front two, I don’t think there will be a better player out there on a free than Tariqe Fosu…
    Feels like another Hector situation, someone without a club since the summer. Confusing why he's still a free agent
  • Sage said:
    I know everyone always says about former players or not signing them or whatever it might be, and they’re fair points… but in terms of creativity and someone who can play in the 10 role behind the front two, I don’t think there will be a better player out there on a free than Tariqe Fosu…
    Great shout
  • edited February 3
    Sage said:
    Where's he been playing this season?
  • Croydon said:
    Sage said:
    Where's he been playing this season?
    Probably his local Goals or on a beach somewhere. Strange he’s been without a club this season.

Out of the options out there, Fosu is the best of the lot who we would have a chance of signing, if we are even in the market for it.

Would also think that Jones would be able to get something out of him between now and the end of the season. 
  • edited February 3
    Melrose said:
    If there is any half decent striker who can hold the ball up, on the free transfer list, we need him desperately
    We had one about to put pen to paper, Ikpeazu, but it never proceeded. Didn’t have a good scoring record but could hold the ball up and he’ll now be playing his part for Port Vale who have three games in hand on us😏.

edit; unfortunately for the lad he did his shoulder v Pompey is out for 10 to 12 weeks so big blow for Vale.