Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    Tedic not featuring at all last night suggests that Appleton wants shot. I wonder if there is a break clause in January we can activate?
  • Options
    Tedic not featuring at all last night suggests that Appleton wants shot. I wonder if there is a break clause in January we can activate?
    I think both clubs have the option to cancel the loan deal. Expect Tedic, Campbell and Camera to go back to their clubs in January. Camera wages would offer us plenty scope in the budget to get a good replacement.
  • Options
    I think Tedic will go back and we'll look for a more "mobile" option up front , I know the January window is usually a right pain to do business in but I think Appleton will want to put his mark on things. 

• Options
    Tedic, Campbell and Abankwah may as well all go back as not getting any game time.
    Tedic doesn't look up to it, Abankwah and Campbell have shown promise but seem to not be in Apples plans.  Camara to go back due to his injury record rather than ability.
    If we can shift Kirk and release Walker we should have some room to maneuver and if we are in touch with play offs I would like to think we go for it a bit with either quality loans or transfers or both.
  • Options
    Hoping Appletons history of good loans can continue in January if the 3 mentioned above do go home 
  • Options
    Tedic, Campbell and Abankwah may as well all go back as not getting any game time.
    Tedic doesn't look up to it, Abankwah and Campbell have shown promise but seem to not be in Apples plans.  Camara to go back due to his injury record rather than ability.
    If we can shift Kirk and release Walker we should have some room to maneuver and if we are in touch with play offs I would like to think we go for it a bit with either quality loans or transfers or both.
    Easier said that done. I imagine we'll end up still paying most of his wages anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    fenaddick said:
    Hoping Appletons history of good loans can continue in January if the 3 mentioned above do go home 
    I've no idea of his history with loan players......who's he had "under his wing" that have proved to be a success then ?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    I've no idea of his history with loan players......who's he had "under his wing" that have proved to be a success then ?
    the big one is Brennan Johnson but he also had players when he was at Oxford who ended up having solid Championship careers 
  • Options
    Johnson is the big one , also had Morgan Rodgers from Man City (now at Boro) at Lincoln too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    fenaddick said:
    At Oxford, he had players like Kemar Roofe, George Baldock, JonJo Kenny & Tyler Roberts at Oxford
think he had Jordan Graham there.

Lincoln - Morgan Rodgers, Brennan Johnson, Josef Bursik, Lewis Forini, Josh Griffiths, Morgan Whittaker 

Blackpool - Lewis Forini (again), Rhys Williams, Charlie Patino, Morgan Rodgers, Morgan Rodger’s

The majority of these players were playing for premier league teams at the time, and looking through the careers of these players, have gone on to play for teams pushing for promotion out of the Championship or Premier League teams.

Its seems Appleton is well respected at the “bigger” clubs, and they are happy to send their young prospects to be developed under his watchful eye.

It's not really an impressive list, is it? We've had better loanees than that.
  • Options
    I agree with the posters above. 4 out of the 5 loans will return (keeping Louie), plus we’re desperate to shift Kirk. That should allow us to bring in a commanding CB, LB, CF and two wingers to push T Campbell and CBT. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    At Oxford, he had players like Kemar Roofe, George Baldock, JonJo Kenny & Tyler Roberts at Oxford

Lincoln - Morgan Rodgers, Brennan Johnson, Josef Bursik, Lewis Forini, Josh Griffiths, Morgan Whittaker 

Blackpool - Lewis Forini (again), Rhys Williams, Charlie Patino, Morgan Rodgers, Morgan Rodger’s

The majority of these players were playing for premier league teams at the time, and looking through the careers of these players, have gone on to play for teams pushing for promotion out of the Championship or Premier League teams.

Its seems Appleton is well respected at the “bigger” clubs, and they are happy to send their young prospects to be developed under his watchful eye.

I’ve hardly heard of any of those . They couldn’t have set the world alight . 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:

Have we? In recent years the only loanees that truly stand out are Jes and Gallagher. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:

Have we? In recent years the only loanees that truly stand out are Jes and Gallagher. 
    Who I'd take over anyone on that list...

Ian Maatsen playing Prem football for Chelsea this season. 

Let's see who he manages to bring in for Feb. 
  • Options
    Really good list of players that. Only thing I will challenge is that we have recruited very poorly in January for a while. Excluding, Liam Miller can’t think of many loan players who have joined in January have gone on to do well for us
  • Options
    Well, HE wont be bringing anyone in, it will be Scott. And his record so far is less than convincing. 
  • Options
    I'm sure the manager does make a difference to the quality of loanees, because parent clubs will be mainly concerned in how their players will be managed and developed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:

What about Josh Cullen?
  • Options
    Well, HE wont be bringing anyone in, it will be Scott. And his record so far is less than convincing. 
    Scott has to identify the deals available but the coach is always going to be a factor for the parent club. In that respect I’d imagine they’ll all trust Appleton over Holden 
  • Options
    Of the current loanees it looks like only Watson is proving to be a success for us.
    I have liked the little I have seen of Chem Campbell, and Camara has been unlucky.
    I agree we release all but Watson back to their parent clubs, and unless the loans are at least the calibre of Watson I would play our youngsters.
  • Options
    I think CBT will go in Jan, and I suspect MA already has a tough-tackling midfielder/defender lined up. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    If I had to make a recent loan list in order of most impressive, Cullen is easily top. 
  • Options
    If I had to make a recent loan list in order of most impressive, Cullen is easily top. 
    Cullen, Rak-Sakyi and Gallagher have to be top 3.
  • Options
    I can guarantee a loan player won’t win our player of the year this season.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    redbuttle said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:

What about Josh Cullen?
    Good one, forgot about him and Bielik from Santa Claus. 

I don't think there's any comparison between the players we've brought in on loan and the ones Appleton has. But he keeps saying he's got this great history of bringing in top loanees.