Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Wigan Athletic Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 31st October 2023 : KO 7:45PM

Comments

• nagAddick said:
    Anyone else’s Charlton tv regularly buffering?
    No, fine for me
  • We could do with a Peter Shirtliff in our team tonight 
  • I know the answer but it bugs me. Why are we playing in anything other than our first team kit against a team who are all in blue?
    Totally agree - hate when we do this - but I do (sadly) know why 
  • Wigan kick off
  • edited October 2023
    VFR is ringing out already from the travelling hero's..good stuff
  • Asiimwe gets beaten on the right, Wigan come forward but we head clear
  • TWatson playing LB, Asiimwe RB.

Leaburn up front, May spending time on the right wing atm.
  • Jones punts it forward towards May but Wigan head clear
  • Leaburn gets away with pushing his man over by the halfway line, we get the ball out to the left, CBT goes into the area but his cross is cleared.
  • Ooof shoot from May just wide
  • Sponsored links:

• Good opening 5 minutes, just need to keep it up for the next 85+
  • Ooh! Asiimwe gets the ball to Leaburn in the box, ball gets under his feet a bit, he sends it wide to May and his shot fizzes wide.
  • I confidently predict that in true Charlton style both Dobson and May will get booked tonight and be unavailable for our next game at Portsmouth!
  • Only three out and out attackers on the pitch instead of the five we had at Lincoln. 👍
  • CBT gets bundled over and we lose possession, T Watson can't stop the cross, it looks a bit dicey on the edge of the box but Hector clears.
  • Good shot from CBT pushed wide by the keeper. Charlton corner
  • A touch from Mr Tickle...
  • Oooh, CBT comes up the left cuts inside, has a shot from the LH edge of the D, it gets deflected and the keeper has to dive to tip it wide.
  • edited October 2023
    Good corner routine gives Jones a header towards goal at the back post but the ref blows, the ball in from LWatson had swung out of play before coming back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Corner headed wide by Jones, but apparently the ball had already gone out?
  • CBT v Clare should be the route all evening 
  • L Watson gets pulled about midway in our half and we get a free kick.
  • Got out of meetings just in time for kick off. I'm glad we're trying May on the right. I've been saying for weeks that we need to try it. I suspect that's what we'll land on until January when we can hopefully get a natural RW in. 

Started well going forward and in possession. At the other end Michael "just as shit as Inniss" Hector has made two excellent challenges with his feet in his own area.
  • Hector sends it long towards CBT but Clare heads clear.
  • Didn't realise that Wigan had an entire Viking God realm playing for them
  • Camara down off the ball
  • nagAddick said:
    Anyone else’s Charlton tv regularly buffering?
    No buffering at all. 
  • sounds like its all us.
  • Wigan come forward, we clear, but Camara's down in the centre circle, so we put the ball out so he can get treatment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!