Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Wigan Athletic Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 31st October 2023 : KO 7:45PM

So, tonight we go again, with another away Tuesday night match, and it would be Halloween wouldn't it, haven't we got enough bad luck on the road as it is without Beelzebub throwing his hat into the ring...😈😈
Tonight's hosts will be encouraged by the fact that they have won their last two head-to-head games against us, including a 2-1 home win  last time we met in February 2022....they have won their last four matches in all competitions, and three in the league to boot, and with us still looking for our first three points on the road,...so some would say it don't look right good for us...
However our luck surely has to change, doesn't it, and why not tonight...so COYRRFSR...👍

Here we go...

Nathan Asiimwe, Louis Watson and Miles Leaburn return to the starting line-up for tonight's game.

The trio replace Terell Thomas, Scott Fraser and Tyreece Campbell as Michael Appleton makes three changes to the team that played Bolton Wanderers at the weekend.

It means the Addicks are expected to line-up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Asiimwe, Michael Hector, Lloyd Jones and Tennai Watson starting in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Louie Watson partners skipper George Dobson in midfield. Panutche Camará may play in that midfield or just in front of them alongside Alfie May and Corey Blackett-Taylor, behind Leaburn up front.

Thomas, Fraser and Tyreece Campbell join Sam Walker, Lucas Ness, Charlie Kirk and Slobodan Tedić on the substitutes bench.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Hector, Jones, T.Watson; Dobson (c), L.Watson; May, Camará, Blackett-Taylor; Leaburn

Subs: Walker, Ness, Thomas, Fraser, Kirk, T.Campbell, Tedić

Comments

• Options
    We go again and Pearcy use to say!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    What formation is this? May or Camara on the wing? Shame about C Campbell, doesn’t look like he will get much of a look in. Asiimwe starting worries me slightly, he can be quite hit and miss defensively 
  • Options
    Wasn't planning to go anyway - a dull away ground, where I've seen us draw 0-0 and lose 2-0 - but I've just gone down with COVID anyway...
    We desperately need a Plan B, a way of grinding out results in such games, the 1-0 wins scored from a set piece that any promotion seeking team needs. 
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    Much better starting line up than the weekend.
  • Options
    follett said:
    What formation is this? May or Camara on the wing? Shame about C Campbell, doesn’t look like he will get much of a look in. Asiimwe starting worries me slightly, he can be quite hit and miss defensively 
    I should imagine Leaburn wide and May down the middle?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    follett said:
    Prob 4-2-3-1, with Camara on the right, CBT on the left...May just behind Leaburn...🤔
  • Options
    Surely you play Leaburn up front with May. 

And we start with a right back at left back. Didn't take Micky Apples long to revert to the old square pegs in round holes did it. Yes, I know we dont have another left back.....oh yes we do.....Oh no we don't  (excuse me....pantomime season nearly upon us) 

Not forgetting the okey-cokey midfield swap-a-roo between Fraser & Watson. Remind me.....why didnt Watson start on Saturday  ?  Something to do with opposition players running off the back of him (whatever the fuck that means). So, that's now all cured then is it?

Just once again shows we have another manager who doesn't know he's best 11.
  • Options
    What’s the issue with C Campbell. I thought he looked pretty good but Appleton hasn’t given him a look in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    I should imagine Leaburn wide and May down the middle?
    Ah yeah I forgot he’d already played that a couple of times. Shame, as it really doesn’t seem to play to Miles’ strength 
  • Options
    follett said:
    I’m guessing like for like swaps. So

AMB
    TWatson Hector Jones Asiimwe
    Dobson LWatson
    Leaburn Camara CBT
    May
  • Options
    Ooh the livestream has started already.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    As Louis pointed out on the Charlton Live podcast, we've yet to see a full 90-minute performance under Appleton. No time like the present.

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ooh the livestream has started already.
    Calm down, calm down, it’s the best bit though whilst it’s still 0-0 😉
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Not sure Camara suits the advanced midfield position. He looks more effective in the engine room. 
  • Options
    What’s the issue with C Campbell. I thought he looked pretty good but Appleton hasn’t given him a look in.

Can only assume application/attitude in training isn't there.
  • Options
    Going to be tough tonight. Hoping for a point at best. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I can feel it in my waters....we are going to nick it.

0-1 or 1-2

A vintage Charlton smash and grab with Alfie tormentor in chief along with Miles

They'll talk about this one for years to come and it will cement the pair of them in our hearts and minds

Now, where's my Jack Daniels - I think I need a top up
    Sounds to me you are already into the 2nd bottle ……..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those Steve Brown photos 🤣

Can we just continue for 2 hours and skip the game!
  • Options
    We stand 15th in league division one before we kick off tonight.Come 10pm tonight I would expect us to still be sitting 15th.

Its not that Appleton don’t know the best team,but we lack the correct players for the job.
  • Options
    What on earth is all this talk on Charlton TV about Brownie’s suits, real fashion feature, oh well we need a bit of a laugh with the match coming up.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Memories...wonderful stuff in the studio...👍
  • Options
    Surely you play Leaburn up front with May. 

And we start with a right back at left back. Didn't take Micky Apples long to revert to the old square pegs in round holes did it. Yes, I know we dont have another left back.....oh yes we do.....Oh no we don't  (excuse me....pantomime season nearly upon us) 

Not forgetting the okey-cokey midfield swap-a-roo between Fraser & Watson. Remind me.....why didnt Watson start on Saturday  ?  Something to do with opposition players running off the back of him (whatever the fuck that means). So, that's now all cured then is it?

Just once again shows we have another manager who doesn't know he's best 11.
    I’d rather Asiimwe at LB than Thomas.
  • Options
    Anyone else’s Charlton tv regularly buffering?
  • Options
    See they've got  Mr Tickle in goal...😂
  • Options
    So, tonight we go again, with another away Tuesday night match, and it would be Halloween wouldn't it, haven't we got enough bad luck on the road as it is without Beelzebub throwing his hat into the ring...😈😈
    Tonight's hosts will be encouraged by the fact that they have won their last two head-to-head games against us, including a 2-1 home win  last time we met in February 2022....they have won their last four matches in all competitions, and three in the league to boot, and with us still looking for our first three points on the road,...so some would say it don't look right good for us...
    However our luck surely has to change, doesn't it, and why not tonight...so COYRRFSR...👍

Here we go...

Nathan Asiimwe, Louis Watson and Miles Leaburn return to the starting line-up for tonight's game.

The trio replace Terell Thomas, Scott Fraser and Tyreece Campbell as Michael Appleton makes three changes to the team that played Bolton Wanderers at the weekend.

It means the Addicks are expected to line-up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Asiimwe, Michael Hector, Lloyd Jones and Tennai Watson starting in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Louie Watson partners skipper George Dobson in midfield. Panutche Camará may play in that midfield or just in front of them alongside Alfie May and Corey Blackett-Taylor, behind Leaburn up front.

Thomas, Fraser and Tyreece Campbell join Sam Walker, Lucas Ness, Charlie Kirk and Slobodan Tedić on the substitutes bench.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Hector, Jones, T.Watson; Dobson (c), L.Watson; May, Camará, Blackett-Taylor; Leaburn

Subs: Walker, Ness, Thomas, Fraser, Kirk, T.Campbell, Tedić

We need to BE Beelzebub.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I know the answer but it bugs me. Why are we playing in anything other than our first team kit against a team who are all in blue?
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Anyone else’s Charlton tv regularly buffering?
    OK here
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!