Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Wigan Athletic Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 31st October 2023 : KO 7:45PM

Comments

• Alfie May in the right place to get his header in, and then bundle in the rebound.
  • Yay goaliooo
  • up to 9th.

In Apples we trust :)
  • We've looked miles better in the final third today. Wigan seem content to drop deep and defend in their own area and they've given the likes us time to find runners in behind. The corner started finding TC in behind and then a lovely unchallenged cross fromLWat
  • Terry Smith having a bit of a stinker so far lol
  • Looks like Jones may have handled by the halfway line, ref not convinced, he then gets fouled and we have a free kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2023
    Derby 2-0 Washington
  • Did Terry mention Sheffield Wednesday?
  • Wigan back in possession, coming down our right, and Dobbo retrieves possession.
  • up to 9th.

11th sadly
  • JaShea99 said:
    Croydon said:
    Fantastic ball in from Watdon for that goal
    Great debut assist from Watdon.

Watt done what?

What did he do?
  • Leaburn and CBT forcing Wigan back to their keeper, who punts it up yo AMB
  • TW almost played May in behind with a good ball from deep.

It makes sense to play him on the left with CBT in front of him. CBT doesn't need the overlap, he needs to isolate his man so it makes sense that the more defensive one, TW, plays there where Asiimwe and TC look to combine well on the right where TC isn't as good at beating his man 1-v-1 but is great at the little interplay and making runs in behind.
  • Need at least one more, possibly two…
  • The Louie Watson effect. 

I'm.not watching as forgot a dinner date, but I'm sure he's making all the difference. 
  • Sponsored links:

• AMB sends it forward to Leaburn, who appears to have got elbowed in the face, so is down getting treatment.
  • edited October 2023
    Oh no now Leaburn is down...up now, panic over...🙄
  • El Tel making wrestling references now. He's a live one tonight.
  • edited October 2023

Post update

Delay in match because of an injury Miles Leaburn (Charlton Athletic).

26'

Post update

Delay over. They are ready to continue

• edited October 2023
    It's been good so far. Wigan will have a spell but we have to limit them as much as possible. Can't be letting them dominate for 60+ minutes like Lincoln did.
  • up to 9th.

11th sadly
    oops......I was adding 3 points to the table but forget we had a point added after the game kicked off.

Apples out !
    I prefer your system...
  • Drop ball for Wigan in the centre circle. We have to wait for Leaburn to come back on.
  • Leaburn elbowed in the face. The Wigan player had better beware the wrath of Tracey after the game.

His old man was quite handy too!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!