Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan Athletic Vs Charlton Athletic | Match Preview 31/10/23 | 19:45 Kick-Off

Comments

• When you need an away win Wigan is just not the place to go. This is a real tough match and the team seems to be stuck in midtable. Our defence is always worth a goal or two, 2-1 to Wigan.
  • As we hit 1/3 season gone mark, this game spells out another reality check for us all. 2-0 to the Tics and Louis’ play off charge graph line takes an almighty nosedive. 

Bounce over - yet another window needed - perhaps 8 if we are to compare ourselves with Bolton…😡 Very frustrated. 
  • Just walked my dogs at Hall Place - queue of people waiting for the coach to take them to the Wigan match - poor sods - all that way on a Tuesday to (probably) see Charlton get torn a new A Hole - I will watch in the comfort of my living room, heating on, bottle of Rioja, with my wife shouting at me to calm down, tone down the language, and stop being an angry little man 😃
    Just out of interest, for a game like this ie a long way north do the team travel up today or would they go yesterday and stay overnight?
  • fair play to all of you going, cant see past another defeat myself 2-0 tics 
  • Heading over to the ground shortly
    Not holding out much hope but it’s my 8 year olds first away game so would be nice to get some sort of result
    300 in a 5500 seater stand should be a laugh

• Nicholas said:
    It's odds on - and would be so typically Charlton - that both Dobson and May get booked tonight and so miss the trip to Portsmouth!
    I have been looking for sites since Sunday that will take this Bet on as I fancy the same but cant find any. If anyone comes across a site that takes bets on league 1 named players to be book let me know please.

Can't find one but you can get 500/1 on Kirk scoring a hatrick tonight which looks like printing money to me. 🤣
  • To have any chance of getting to the playoffs we're going to have to start winning some away games, and a new approach is needed to do that (as I've already banged on about, twice I think 😂).
    Let's hope we at least see a change of approach tonight.
  • Tough game but got to keep it tight.

Looking forward to CBT treating us to some tricks tonight as he ghosts passed Clare time and again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2023
    Nailed on win...forever positive...🍺
    Can't stand all this negative surrender stuff...🙄
  • Well done Braziliance. Doesn't seem like a first effort at all..its brazilliant
  • Sage said:
    Tough game but got to keep it tight.

Looking forward to CBT treating us to some tricks tonight as he ghosts passed Clare time and again. 
    We'll be watching the stream tonight from behind the sofa...

Nothing to do with Halloween though ! 

Well done to all those hardy souls who've made the journey north & hope you're rewarded to a good performance from the lads. 
  • edited October 2023
    I'm expecting the worst, but that's often when Charlton surprise you.
  • Apples has had a stinker the last 2 games which has hit the optimism that was building - if we give ourselves a chance with the team  set up, then we aren’t as bad as the last 2 games have suggested but also not as good as we started to think we were - when we went 1 up last Tuesday it was a case of how many - how things have gone tits since then 
  • edited October 2023
    Honestly still believe there's a lot to be positive about. 

I understand the concern: they've come into a bit of form at the same time we've hit the buffers. But runs of form, good and bad, always end somewhere and we have the players to cause them problems. If it does turn out to be three on the bounce tonight, it could easily become four after Pompey which would really be a kick in the nuts.

1-1 or 2-1 either way.
  • Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Hector, Jones, T.Watson; Dobson (c), L.Watson; May, Camará, Blackett-Taylor; Leaburn

Subs: Walker, Ness, Thomas, Fraser, Kirk, T.Campbell, Tedić

• @Braziliance called the team selection
  • Leaburn out wide again I'd imagine... No real surprises.

Appleton has either got it right, or he's a mug and he's got it drastically wrong...

I'll let you know which I think at about 10pm
  • On train. Arriving in Wigan soon. Just found out there’s a Red Robin pub near the ground. Got to be done! 
    Just stay in there Weegie!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2023
    Out of possession is key tonight, keep a solid defensive shape and tight however it looks more of the same with a shuffling of the deckchairs and emphasis still on attack though 😤
  • Match thread up...
  • Kirk insisted of Campbell again what the fuuk he must be really shit in training 
  • edited October 2023
  • cazo said:
    Kirk insisted of Campbell again what the fuuk he must be really shit in training 
    Either that or attitude 🤷‍♂️
  • RedChaser said:
    cazo said:
    Kirk insisted of Campbell again what the fuuk he must be really shit in training 
    It wasn't a great look for him last Tuesday. 

First game in an age, and completely gives up once he loses the ball, which leads to them getting their third - If you've been out of the team for a while, showing a lack of interest when you get there, wont keep you there for long. 
  • cazo said:
    Chem looked like he had loads of quality. Seems like Appleton far from happy with his running off the ball.  
  • RedChaser said:
    cazo said:
    It wasn't a great look for him last Tuesday. 

First game in an age, and completely gives up once he loses the ball, which leads to them getting their third - If you've been out of the team for a while, showing a lack of interest when you get there, wont keep you there for long. 
    Yeh and also I would think if you speak out of turn to Apples, there’s only going to be one outcome 😬.
  • I'm expecting the worst, but that's often when Charlton surprise you.
    I thank you  :)
  • RedChaser said:
    Out of possession is key tonight, keep a solid defensive shape and tight however it looks more of the same with a shuffling of the deckchairs and emphasis still on attack though 😤
    Fair play to Apples for sticking with his beliefs and playing to our strengths  but he nearly came unstuck with the subs. Typical Charlton keeping us on the edge of our seats at the finish but as long as we outscore the oppo it’ll do for me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!