Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Bolton Wanderers : Saturday 28th October 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Its roll the dice time as Micky Apples joins the long list of managers who can't decide on neither team nor formation. 

This week its Watson (T) to go right back & neither Tedic nor Leaburn start as a front man. Presumably 5ft 8 Alfie May will battle up front on his own against 6ft 3 defenders. 
    If he'd stuck with the same side you'd have moaned about him not changing a losing side. You should try reading your own posts, you'll be in for a shock 
    If you tead what I posted on tuesday I said I quite liked the line up. I also said yesterday that I'd have Camara or Anderson in midfield so no problem with Apples there. It's that he''s now dropped a tall striker (previously had been 1 of Aneke, Leaburn or Tedic) and gone back to presumably May up front on his own where previously May had been playing deeper. 

Also it's the  defence that was the problem on Tuesday.....I see the major culprits are still in the team 🙄.
    I'm very curious to know exactly which defenders we have who you think are going to come in and suddenly turn it around?
  • wmcf123 said:
    Good looking team... May back leading the line.

Be interesting to see how it pans out, bit disappointed to see Fraser ahead of Louie Watson, then again I like them both, so cant win there
    Fraser ahead of Watson is a baffling decision against a strong team 
    Fraser is an excellent midfielder. L Watson has looked very good at times but he also goes missing at times and isn't the strongest defensively, which is why Fraser is picked ahead of him.
  • I remember Bolton in recent years being very physical, I just hope our team can compete. Going to be difficult for Alfie.

• Southbank said:
    seth plum said:
    Might be a good idea to not have a big target man thing going on against Bolton.
    Save the switch and use if needed.
    Fraser had better prove his worth over Watson, and the other Watson prove his worth over Asimwe.
    Leaburn is not (yet) a big target man and should not be put in as sole striker.
    He played up front on his own last year in a 4-3-3 and largely looked good. 
  • Alfie loan striker against Bolton, not sure about that. COYA!!
  • Fraser is a fashionable target of moaning. Hopefully he stuffs it back down everyone's throats today 
  • Shame Karoy Anderson hasn’t been involved at all of late
  • Oggy Red said:
    Alfie back leading the line, because Santos as Bolton's CB is probably the best CB in the League?

Do we expect balls to feet today instead of lumping it to our central striker outnumbered up front? 

I scent a tweak of our game plan.
    Balls to feet would be nice, but I fear we're going to end up lumping it at certain points. I'm generally not averse to that when necessary, especially given our tendency to lose concentration when playing it about the back, but it's likely to come straight back today so it's not going to relieve the pressure like it usually does.
  • Leuth said:
    Fraser is a fashionable target of moaning. Hopefully he stuffs it back down everyone's throats today 
    Hopefully getting near match fit
  • SSN not covering our game, Oxford and Reading games
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    SSN not covering our game, Oxford and Reading games
    Are we covering our game or do we all have something better to do with our lives?
  • ross1 said:
    SSN not covering our game, Oxford and Reading games
    they are…

https://x.com/david_reed/status/1718259629283590458?s=46&t=MojDVxh_AjG5taAWPQn6Tw
  • Ok, good luck guys, see you in the post match thread
  • SDAddick said:
    wmcf123 said:

Be interesting to see how it pans out, bit disappointed to see Fraser ahead of Louie Watson, then again I like them both, so cant win there
    Fraser is an excellent midfielder. L Watson has looked very good at times but he also goes missing at times and isn't the strongest defensively, which is why Fraser is picked ahead of him.
    I haven't noticed Watson going missing when he has played. Fraser, for all his good attributes, certainly does.
  • Good to see Camara back. L Watson can feel very hard done by to lose his place to Fraser. 
  • Thomas name just got a few boos around me in the East.

• And we're off. Charlton shooting towards the Jimmy Seed Stand first half.

• Early Addicks counter, CBT's cross is touched on by May, TC shoots across goal but it's scrambled away by Bolton
  • Dangerous first attack from us, should have been the perfect start, but came to nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnsley losing 0-1
  • Dangerous cross flashed across the Charlton box, no one there though, and goes for a throw in
  • edited October 2023
    SDAddick said:
    wmcf123 said:

Ya what? Fraser is capable of a moment of quality or two, but he’s not mobile enough to be effective defending from the front or getting about the pitch in the way that L Watson is. Watson and Dobson are the pair for me.
  • Shrews down to 10 men
  • Bolton shot takes a wicked deflection, AMB was scrambling and it goes inches wide
  • That throw in is the kind of thing that gives me the right hump with this team. Good pressing from May, CBT and Camara forces an error. We win a throw deep in their half. Somehow we end up back at AMB, surrender all the territory gained, then lose the ball and now Bolton still have it and are building momentum. Just such a casual lack of desire. 
  • wmcf123 said:

Well, Camara is just coming back after missing a big chunk of the season so far - so probably will run out of steam midway through the 2nd half. Louie Watson will come on full of running and energy.

Remember we also need to finish games with a strong team.  

• Bolton bouncy deflection shot almost cathes us out but went wide. Quite funny tbh.
    1. 5'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Dion Charles.

1. 6'

Post update

Offside, Bolton Wanderers. Eoin Toal tries a through ball, but Dion Charles is caught offside.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!