Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Lincoln City Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 24th October 2023 : KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Without Aneke. We have notarget man up front.
    Leaburn does do the hold up play and does not have the upper body strength that Aneke has to hold of defenders and win headers.
  • It's OK folks, the second half has been our thing in recent weeks.
    We had that in the first 25 minutes  :)
  • ross1 said:

Half time. A half of two quarters.
    Aren’t all halves comprised of two quarters?
    No.  A third and a sixth, for example.
  • edited October 2023
    ross1 said:
    It's OK folks, the second half has been our thing in recent weeks.
    We had that in the first 25 minutes  :)
    In that case we're due another 20+ minutes in the second stanza ... that should be good for two or three goals.
  • Ha ha ha, Brownie talking about the youngsters being too boring!
  • COYRs let’s start fast here
  • I know he's young ,but I'm afraid to say Asiimwe is putting in one of his 'away with the fairies' performances that we saw earlier in the season.
    I think that's a bit unfair. I dunno if it's the wet conditions or the lightweight midfield in front of them, but the entire defence is having a bit of a mare tonight. Hector's been done on the turn several times due to being slow to react, Thomas is struggling, and Jones has been the best of them but was at fault for their goal.

• We're back under way, no changes at the break. Addicks shooting towards the travelling fans in the Stacey West Stand this half

• Sponsored links:

• Come on Lincoln!
  • Charwill said:
    asiimwe struggling out there
    Hector and Thomas rubbing off on him?

Edit. See I was beaten to the punch  :#
  • Second half underway. So far we seem to be finding the LH touchline consistently....
  • The joy of starting Chuks is you can then bring Leaburn on later as a sub where he's more dangerous. Miles has looked a bit less effective as a starter and I'm not sure if Appleton likes Tedic as a centre forward. You can see why he takes the risk of starting Chuks
    Although I actually prefer bringing Mount Chuks off the bench against a tiring defence.
  • Bit of head tennis, back to their keeper, now Lincoln down our right.

• Good save AMB. Adelakun turns Hector too easily and then floats it to Sorensen on the far side, good hit and strong block from the keeper
  • Leuth said:
    Far too Jekyll and Hyde this lot for automatic promotion unfortunately.  I hope Micky Apples can sort this as it is early days, we may make a play off place, but then who will turn up Jekyll or Hyde? 
    Mickey Apples sorts this lot out at half time every game. Watch and learn 
    My point smart arse, he shouldn't have to.
    Thought no point in having a manager otherwise..
  • More shite walking defending from Hector and Thomas.
  • Our defenders aren't the problem.  It's the way we defend is. 

Yes there is the occasional obvious individual error but they aren't as common as people make out because the last error is always the one people focus on.  There is normal 3 or 4, at least, errors before that.
  • Hector dangles a foot, AMB has to make another save as a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck me.  How much time on the ball would you like Lincoln?  It's yours.
  • Nice  save from AMB to prevent Sorrenson getting the lead...
  • Erk. Hector gets pulled wide cross comes over, Thomas's marker drifts away, but AMB makes a good save to put it out for a corner.
  • Charwill said:
    asiimwe struggling out there
    Hector and Thomas rubbing off on him?

Edit. See I was beaten to the punch  :#
    Kenneth is always first to the balls.
  • Blackburn winning 1-2
  • N/ton 1-1
  • Corner comes to nothing, we get the ball down the other end briefly, but Lincoln on theattack again.
  • Come on Charlton for christs sake, step it up.
  • All over the shop 
  • Bugger me, Boro 1-0 up down the road against Norwich.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!