Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Lincoln City Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 24th October 2023 : KO 7:45pm

Comments

• For a tall bloke Leaburn doesn't win much in the air.
  • Lincoln should probably be ahead. 

Jones started well but made a mistake coming out for the header, for the goal.

Finding Hector and Thomas quite painful in the same defence. Pedestrian and can get caught out so easily. 

Lovely play by Fraser and TC for our goal.
  • ross1 said:

Half time. A half of two quarters.
    Aren’t all halves comprised of two quarters?
  • A half pf two halves. You want to see us go on to control the game after going ahead, but that isn't how it's played out and the defensive errors have crept back in. A good test coming up in the second half. Can we regain control and go onto win it or is the old Charlton going to resurface?
  • HT

We looked solid and worthy leaders until we just switched off too many times, and 2 mistakes lead to a great finish from the Lincoln player! 

That lead to our heads dropping and confidence falling short, and too many mistakes and easy interceptions ensue…

Asimwee looks ok, but not keen on him and TC playing together. Thomas continues to look out of sorts and uncomfortable on the left - could Tennai Watson play there? 
    CBT merely a bystander this half, with Thomas being targeted and his lack of ability stopping him from playing the balls into CBT! Fraser hasn’t done much either 
  • Looks like they’re sleep walking out there. Midfield is AWOL. Asiimwe looks lost. 
  • Just odd.  We looked so much better until our goal then kind of fell apart.  I don't know if we got a lot worse or Lincoln got a lot better.  Prob a bit of both. 

I would love to hear what is going on in the dressing room.
  • Leaburn giving the ball away far too much, midfield non existent.
  • Sponsored links:

• ....as Curbs says, a few players went missing for us.
  • Strange game, we look dangerous going forward but very dodgy at the back. Need a natural left back in the side urgently as Thomas is struggling tonight. 
  • edited October 2023
    A lot of the same issues which we were having on Saturday and against Blackpool. 

• Not finding the ball to Leaburn enough to keep us on the front foot. 
    • Neither CBT, May or Campbell are strong enough defensively to stop us being overrun in the midfield when we don’t have the ball. 
    •Stopping the midfield playmaker, Fraser, from getting the ball into the front three when they are in a block.

Positive is that we avoided conceding a second when Lincoln were dominating for the 10 mins or so. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Asiimwe has been no where near as bad as some or as some are making out.

I agree! Still will be some 4’s coming out in the player marks. 
  • 1-1 HT need to step it up in the second half 
    Come On you Reds  B)
    Needs to hold it up, not a game for the flick on. We need to retain possession and it would start with miles. It’s just going straight to them and they mount another attack 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Agree!
  • Not seen much of us recently so just hoping the orgasmic 2nd half dominance that people have been drooling over makes an appearance, because this first half had been rather meh.
  • Charwill said:
    asiimwe struggling out there
    Hector and Thomas rubbing off on him?

I'd rather they concentrated on defending right now and leave that sort of thing to post-match.

To a large extent like his old man; prefers the ball to feet.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Hector looks stuck in concrete".....that made me laugh Brownie!
  • All four of the back four have had bad moments in that half, none have really stood out as having good games.

Going forward we looked very good, especially for the first 20 minutes when we were cutting them open at will.

As the home team, they were always likely to have a strong spell. Hopefully that was it and we won’t get another like it second half.
  • What is this trend of celebrating and fist pumping the oppo fans when teams score against us? I know someone will say we don’t notice when it’s us doing it but I genuinely never see our players doing it in front of the Jimmy Seed.
  • Charwill said:
    asiimwe struggling out there
    Hector and Thomas rubbing off on him?

Kenny Williams making another bid for MOTM.
  • Far too Jekyll and Hyde this lot for automatic promotion unfortunately.  I hope Micky Apples can sort this as it is early days, we may make a play off place, but then who will turn up Jekyll or Hyde? 
  • Far too Jekyll and Hyde this lot for automatic promotion unfortunately.  I hope Micky Apples can sort this as it is early days, we may make a play off place, but then who will turn up Jekyll or Hyde? 
    Mickey Apples sorts this lot out at half time every game. Watch and learn 
  • Leuth said:
    Far too Jekyll and Hyde this lot for automatic promotion unfortunately.  I hope Micky Apples can sort this as it is early days, we may make a play off place, but then who will turn up Jekyll or Hyde? 
    Mickey Apples sorts this lot out at half time every game. Watch and learn 
    My point smart arse, he shouldn't have to.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

We really need to stop Dobson charging around, being pulled out of position, to try and cover other people's mistakes.

Ideally by the other people stop making the bloody stupid mistakes.

Agree with Asiimwe. Hector and Thomas are seasoned pros but have been far worse and much more deserving of criticism.
  • Wellred said:
    1-1 HT need to step it up in the second half 
    Come On you Reds  B)
    Four goals in the second half again will do fine 
  • It's OK folks, the second half has been our thing in recent weeks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!