Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Lincoln City Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 24th October 2023 : KO 7:45pm

Tonight is an away trip to Lincoln full of confidence that we will extend our unbeaten seven match run after the excellent 4-0 second half showing against Reading last Saturday...an unbeaten run is good, but where we are lacking so far is a three point haul on our travels, so let's make tonight a turning point on that scenario..
Top marks to our travelling support on this chilly October night up in Lincolnshire, and hopefully they can be sent home with a rewarding performance with another three points in the bag....clean sheet would be nice...👍

So here we go...COYRRFSR

Scott Fraser will start in the league for the first time since August in tonight’s game at the LNER Stadium against Lincoln City.

Miles Leaburn makes his 50th appearance for the club while Nathan Asiimwe and Tyreece Campbell also start as Michael Appleton makes four changes from the team that beat Reading 4-0 at The Valley on Saturday.

Tennai Watson, Louis Watson and Boban Tedić, who all started on Saturday, move to the bench, while Chuks Aneke, who was substituted at the weekend, misses out with a hamstring injury. Aneke is replaced in the squad by Chem Campbell.

The Addicks are expected to line-up in the 4-2-3-1 formation used in recent weeks. Ashley Maynard-Brewer starts again in goal with Asiimwe, Lloyd Jones, Michael Hector and Terell Thomas making up the back four in front of him.

Skipper George Dobson and the returning Fraser will play together in central midfield with Tyreece Campbell, Alfie May and Corey Blackett-Taylor operating behind striker Leaburn.

The Watsons, Tedić and Chem Campbell are joined on the bench by Sam Walker, Lucas Ness and Panutche Camará.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Jones, Hector, Thomas; Dobson (c), Fraser; T.Campbell, May, Blackett-Taylor; Leaburn

Subs: Walker, T.Watson, Ness, L.Watson, Camará, C.Campbell, Tedić

Comments

• Options
    Not a fan of changing a winning team where not needed, but in Apps we trust.
  • Options
    Close to our strongest starting 11 
  • Options
    Starting the second-half team. Interesting. Fast start wanted!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Not a fan of changing a winning team where not needed, but in Apps we trust.
    Better than keeping Chuks in the side!
  • Options
    Not sure how much tracking back we're going to get with all those progressively minded players starting, I hope dear Dobbo doesn't mind too much.
    My advice to the players is avoid being caught offside as much as possible.
  • Options
    Is Dobbo still 1 yellow away from suspension ? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    That is the exact team this message board wanted. Decent selection MA!
    Was just about to curse him as that’s the first time a manager has picked the exact team I wanted for ages!

Fingers crossed we play CBT at left back and Campbell upfront so I have something to berate him for. 🤞
  • Options
    Congratulations @Sage, exactly the line up you predicted in your preview post..
    Now, just the score to get right...🤔

Maynard-Brewer
    Asiimwe - Hector - Jones - Thomas
    Dobson - Fraser
    T.Campbell - May - Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn

Walker, T.Watson, Ness, L.Watson, Camara, C.Campbell, Tedic

Lincoln City 0-2 Charlton Athletic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the exact team i would have started. will be interesting to see if assimwe, TC and fraser can have the same effect starting as they have done coming on in the second half. 
  • Options
    Yes... as is May, and I think Tedic too
  • Options
    I thought Miles made his 50th appearance at the last match?
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    Not sure that Fraser can cover the ground that Louie Watson does.
    Perhaps, but you could say he has more control of the ball in possession. Let's see.
  • Options
    Happy with the changes, Tedic wasn't working. Shame Aneke is out. That line up is pretty much what I'd go with, would just rather a proper left back than rely on Thomas.
  • Options
    Very strong bench
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Starting the second-half team. Interesting. Fast start wanted!
    Problem is, what options are then left when we have a dire first half & are trailing at HT....😄.

Seriously.....probably our best 11 (although Camara & Watson (L) might have a word to say about that). 

Expecting a 4-0 comfortable away win now. No pressure lads.
  • Options
    I like it - set up to dominate the ball and attack 
  • Options
    Yes... as is May, and I think Tedic to thanks fingers crossed no yellows for bolton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is anyone not getting the live stream countdown screen. I'm getting a whirly wheel thing followed by unavailable message.
  • Options
    Yes... as is May, and I think Tedic to thanks fingers crossed no yellows for bolton 

• Options
    Working now
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I might have kept L Watson and am hoping Fraser can do the work needed. I suppose there are enough options that Appleton can ask him to run himself into the ground. I think Asiimwe has looked really good when he has come on so I get that change.
  • Options
    0 - 1 and a defender scores
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    LeeValley said:
    Not sure that Fraser can cover the ground that Louie Watson does.
    Agreed, I think our best midfield is Dobson plus one or Watson of Camara. Will be interesting to see how Fraser does tonight. He's clearly a good player and offers a lot, but with the front 4 we have I think we need as much ground covering energy as we can get in the midfield 2 and that's not Fraser's strength. I don't think he quite fits for us a regular starter, but hopefully he scores one and assists 2 and it becomes moot. 

Nonetheless, it's close to our strongest XI tonight, probably just Edun missing and maybe Fraser switched for Watson/Camara.
  • Options
    Is anyone not getting the live stream countdown screen. I'm getting a whirly wheel thing followed by unavailable message.

Me to.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    That is the exact team this message board wanted. Decent selection MA!
    Unless we lose, in which case he's got to go!
  • Options
    Today's pre-match photo:

Already bumped into two Charlton fans.
    Well jelly (I chickened out this year)
  • Options

Me to.
    Refresh the page .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!