Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Lincoln City Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 24th October 2023 : KO 7:45pm

Comments

• A first defeat for Michael Appleton - Lincoln leveller killed Charlton and there was only really one side in it after that. Addicks started so brightly as well. Still winless on the road.
  • Poor defending, poor al round tonight. 
  • Boooooo.

What a load of crap. 
  • FT 3-1...first 20 minutes...ok..

The rest...

Which was a shame for the great 600+ Travelling Addicks who deserved more...
  • ct_addick said:
    No way this is a top 6 team…..
    The way this season is panning out, I've a feeling the top half of the table will be fighting for the Play-Offs

Five points separate 6th and 14th
  • edited October 2023
  • Totally bullied today. Lots of learning
    That's my thinking.   
  • People applauding that off. Fucking hell
  • We get a drop ball an restart, ball goes across to Thomas he goes on a run and has a shot that may or may not have been deflected out for a throw. Ref blows for full time anyway.
    Final score Lincoln 3 CAFC 1 😡
  • All the old deficiencies are still there.

Can't defend ; powder puff up front. 

2 tough games coming up. Bolton going great guns & we never do well up at Wigan 
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    No way this is a top 6 team…..
    The way this season is panning out, I've a feeling the top half of the table will be fighting for the Play-Offs

Five points separate 6th and 14th

which is pretty scary stuff
  • Thomas putting a shot out for a throw in. Laugahbke
  • All the old deficiencies are still there.

Can't defend ; powder puff up front. 

2 tough games coming up. Bolton going great guns & we never do well up at Wigan 
    And a non existent midfield
  • Brown and Curbs looking every bit as pissed off as we are!
  • Like Abbey in the last game can we try and sign Sorensen. Why are people blaming referee thought he had good  game personally 
  • Can put it right with a big performance on Saturday... What am I saying... Beat Bolton and this result will be even more infuriating
  • Solidgone said:
    Until we replace Hector and Thomas we are staying in Div 3. I’m not just judging on them just on this match but they both lack the nous of defending and the strength. Get rid ! 
    Our defence was shit last year, you give new contracts to 2 of the players who made up that shit defence don't expect much difference this year.

Agreed. We're still a work in progress. I am expecting we need to have another year in this tinpot league before we're ready for promotion. Improving the defence a priority 
  • We need a right back. How much do Lincoln want for Sorenson?
  • edited October 2023
    They were tough, all over the pitch and had real intent. But they are not top of the league. Maybe they are the wrong team for a team with as many young players as us because they are the best team we have played this season. We started well, did we lose a bit of attacking intent after the goal which we couldn't get back? I don't know but they deserved to beat us. It wasn't a case of them just kicking and fouling us, they had some ability too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another six game unbeaten streak and we will be right back in it.
  • Weak, no urgency.
    You can’t say they have better players than us. 
    This team massively lacks bottle. Need an exp hard pro in midfield. 
  • Totally bullied today. Lots of learning
    That's my thinking.   
    And mine.
  • Hoping there isnt a big over reaction and lack of confidence caused, straight back on the horse at the weekend
  • edited October 2023
    Lincoln were hungry for that, Charlton treated it as a Tuesday morning training session.

Professional? Jeez. I've seen more energy and desire from a Sunday morning league pub side.

Shame on you, Charlton! 

• Utter shite from the moment they equalised 
  • Lose the next 2 & we could be only 3 or 4 points off the bottom 4. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Hoping there isnt a big over reaction and lack of confidence caused, straight back on the horse at the weekend

Goodbye horse
    Fuck off, Golfie! Same old, same old from you.

Jesus let me start taking my depression pills now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!