Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Lincoln City Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 24th October 2023 : KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Wycombe 2-4 Bolton
  • Carlisle 2-1
  • Thomas tries to cross into the area but it's massively overhit and out for a goal kick.
  • Bad day at the office maybe?
    Talented team but no bollocks.
    At least Camara has had a run out. 
    Thomas tries hard but is not good enough in general 
  • Bolton winning 4 2 at Wycombe
  • Mid table League 1 is definitely our level, not seen us outplay any teams for a full 90 minutes so far this season.
  • Who's the U21 left back? Surely worth a punt rather than Thomas whilst Edun is out?
  • WHAddick said:
    Bolton winning 4 2 at Wycombe
    Saturday should be fun if we play like this again
  • Not sure what happened there, but ref's called the ball back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone doesn't think Watson is the best midfielder at the club ?
    Don't really understand why he didn't start. Him and Dobson have worked well together previously.
    4 games in 10 days probably.
    Probably, but it doesn't look like it's affecting him. I'd rather start with your best players and then take them off if necessary.
  • edited October 2023
    One loss in eight games.  That is good form, and we have come from relegation possibles to play off possibles.  I know it hurts, but whatever you think about our entitlement to win against teams who have spent their lives in the lower leagues, they were in a comparable position in the league, we didn't play well today and we are in a much much better place than we were a month ago.
  • Curbs and Brownie back in the studio

• Ball pumped forward, and Alfie May's little legs can't get to it before it's out for a goal kick.
  • One of those refs that clearly favours the smaller team / underdogs 
  • Next two games are going to be very tough.
  • Absolute wank
  • Absolute rubbish. 
  • And here is me thinking we are going to surge up to the top of the table by Christmas, although I was smoking weed at the time I had that thought.
  • Next two games are going to be very tough.
    This one was not easy
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Far too Jekyll and Hyde this lot for automatic promotion unfortunately.  I hope Micky Apples can sort this as it is early days, we may make a play off place, but then who will turn up Jekyll or Hyde? 
    Mickey Apples sorts this lot out at half time every game. Watch and learn 
    *hides*
  • Great work from Camara to win the ball back nice bit of work in their area but we can't make the most of it.
  • Valley11 said:
    Bad day at the office maybe?
    We can only hope so... Just frustrating in a sense, Holden got sacked and we were a point above the drop, and seven from the Play-Offs

Seven games later we're four points from the Play-Offs with two games in hand against a handful of teams above us - Could have been just two points had we won tonight, instead its five.

Undone a bit of the hard work of late...

Still an awful long way to go.
  • No way this is a top 6 team…..
  • Solidgone said:
    Until we replace Hector and Thomas we are staying in Div 3. I’m not just judging on them just on this match but they both lack the nous of defending and the strength. Get rid ! 
    Our defence was shit last year, you give new contracts to 2 of the players who made up that shit defence don't expect much difference this year.
  • N/ton 2-2
  • Lincoln player down in their area, so ref stops play, although it appears not to be  a head injury
  • Totally bullied today. Lots of learning
  • Played the first XI that most of the fanbase wanted and it hasn’t worked out… having Leaburn and Campbell coming off the bench has completely changed games for us.

Not been the same bringing on Chem and Tedic.
  • One loss in eight games.  That is good form, and we have come from relegation possibles to play off possibles.  I know it hurts, but whatever you think about our entitlement to win against teams who have spent their lives in the lower leagues, they were in a comparable position in the league, we didn't play well today and we are in a much much better place than we were a month ago.
    Not entitled to win and yes we are going to lose some but we need to stop gifting the opposition goals and put the effort in closing down them down.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!