Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 24th October 2023 - 19:45 | Match Preview

Comments

• edited October 2023
    NabySarr said:
    SDAddick said:
    NabySarr said:
    I wouldn’t take Louie Watson out of the team, he’s better than Fraser is defensively and was subbed off probably with this game in mind. Fraser will have to stay patient for now I think 
    I disagree, I think Fraser is better defensively in terms of stepping into passing lanes and he's better at keeping the ball and moving it up the pitch which is important away from home.

I think Watson has a great workrate, but he's clearly better further up the pitch and playing him in one of the two holding roles means he's goes missing at times. He puts a shift in, but it's not his best role.

I mean we're spoiled for choice, and that's before we have Camara fully fit. But I think we're better overall with Fraser in the side, even if I think he (and LWatson) perform better in a midfield three.

Fraser is better on the ball but I do worry about his mobility playing in a 2. I think with the attacking 4 players we have ahead of them it needs to be Watson or Camara starting in that role in most away or tricky games as otherwise Dobson is going to be left with too much to do 

We could have played Fraser there against Reading with no issues but I just don’t see it working in tougher games
    Agreed, I think it's one of the imbalances of the squad that two of our best midfielders, Fraser and LWatson, play better in a three. I would argue Dobbo probably plays better in a three as well, but I think he's done quite well in a two so far this season. But giving him the ability to sit deep, break up play, and keep possession ticking over is arguably better for him, it's just not as stark as with Watson and Fraser.

I do think at some point Appleton is going to need to find a way to play with three midfielders, even if it's just away from home, and still get our best attackers in the squad. I suspect that means Miles through the middle and May on the right, but we'll see. 
  • jbaker said:
    Any news or signs of a pitch inspection? It’s absolutely lashing down up here.
    Where's up here?
  • Some of you are way too confident and it makes me nervous. 
  • Some of my lot just sent a picture of them on the train. 
    Get to Lincoln by 12.
    I'm seriously getting old that would kill me now 
    I wouldn’t make it to mid afternoon these days, let alone kickoff !
  • I've put some parking info on the 'Lincoln Away Tickets' thread  .. here in Grimsby been raining steadily .. now stopped and the sky is brightening .. mind you Lincoln is 30 miles away the other side of the Wolds, different climate lol
  • I think most on here agree that league one this season is far weaker than in previous years. 
    Yet every game we play people say it's a tough game. 
    If we can't beat the likes of Lincoln City we must be crap 
    Well the last three seasons we have played them at Sincil Bank lost two and drew one.

We will see come tonight enjoy.
  • edited October 2023
    I think most on here agree that league one this season is far weaker than in previous years. 
    Well the last three seasons we have played them at Sincil Bank lost two and drew one.

a t m Lincoln have the same points as us (18) with an inferior goal difference .. our recent form is far better than theirs

League One Table - Football - BBC Sport
  • Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    Some of you are way too confident and it makes me nervous. 
    I don't think anyone's confidence on here will affect the outcome so you should be alright. 
    They might not sing and cheer as loudly on Valley Pass!
  • i cant believe all this optimism. I plan for a smack in the gob with a gaping whole into the side of HMS Pisstheleague
  • Sponsored links:

• account on X claiming game has been postponed because of the rain
    true
    or
    WUM?
  • Billy_Mix said:
    account on X claiming game has been postponed because of the rain
    true
    or
    WUM?
    Same on FB but that one has been confirmed as bullshit
  • Billy_Mix said:
    true
    or
    WUM?
    that's just fishing
  • edited October 2023
    we just walked past the ground - the pitch looked okay albeit via our view through a hole in the fence. More concerned about the river right next to the ground bursting her banks!

Having wasted money on Derby train tickets I’ll be seriously pissed off if this one goes as well but some perspective compared to the poor sods with sand bags outside their doors. 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    true
    or
    WUM?
    Same on FB but that one has been confirmed as bullshit

Special type of sad act to try and start that rumour
  • https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcrwgdr98#?date=2023-10-24 Doesn't look like any more rain so should be good surely?
  • HandG said:
    we just walked past the ground - the pitch looked okay albeit via our view through a hole in the fence. More concerned about the river right next to the ground bursting her banks!

Having wasted money on Derby train tickets I’ll be seriously pissed off if this one goes as well but some perspective compared to the poor sods with sand bags outside their doors. 
    Is it raining still?
  • I think most on here agree that league one this season is far weaker than in previous years. 

And that's exactly why we are still in this league 
  • According to Lincoln website the game is still on
  • ross1 said:
    According to Lincoln website the game is still on
    Both clubs have tweeted from the ground in the last ten mins too 
  • Sponsored links:

• My Lincoln supporting mate is not too optimistic - apparently, they have no fit strikers. Their home record is decent but I feel like tonight is the night to get that first away win of the season and capitalise on the momentum we have been building.
  • Croydon said:
    HandG said:

Is it raining still?
    Yep. The pitch looked great in the photo Lincoln just tweeted though.
  • Tinkermans team selection gets us a 0-2 away win (Tedic one in each half)

• Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    Some of you are way too confident and it makes me nervous. 
    I don't think anyone's confidence on here will affect the outcome so you should be alright. 
    Wait Apples doesn't ring you and ask for a CL report? Has it just been me this whole time? 
  • SE_7EVEN said:
    Tinkermans team selection gets us a 0-2 away win (Tedic one in each half)

Tinkerman? 
  • Claudio Ranieri used to change his team around at Chelsea and the press called him the tinkerman. 
    MA has been dropping in a few changes.

• Four changes and all good players being brought in. Shows how important good squad depth is for any team chasing promotion.