Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand National 2024

Comments

• What was the 1-5?

I Am Maximus
    Delta Work
    Minella Indo
    Galvin
    Kitty's Light

Pretty sure Roi Mage made Top 10
    9th
  • Backed the winner at a good price.
    Hindsight is easy, grade 1 horse in a handicap but supposedly dodgy jumper. 
    Alright if I have a week off?
    Just making the point that if we had no reservations about his jumping ability the winner was a good bet. 
  • Well done Peanuts. Followed you but did a little on Delta Work too as I fancied it so will be in front for a change!
  • Cheers Peanuts!

• LenGlover said:
    Well done Peanuts. Followed you but did a little on Delta Work too as I fancied it so will be in front for a change!
    Well done Len.
    I'm delighted for him as a former Top pick. Couldn't tick my model's boxes this season but I should have kept the faith!!

Many congrats.
  • Thanks Peanuts for a great thread as per. 
  • Backed the winner at a good price.
    Hindsight is easy, grade 1 horse in a handicap but supposedly dodgy jumper. 
    Alright if I have a week off?
    Just making the point that if we had no reservations about his jumping ability the winner was a good bet. 
    He chucked in a couple of scary ones (esp 2nd Bechers) but with Townend on board keeping him upright and hugging the rail to stop too much of the left-jumping bias, I was pretty confident by the Melling Road he'd reel them in.
    Just never thought he'd have afterburners to fire like he did.
    Amazing - but that pedigree screamed Tiger Roll.
  • I guess you could say (since Max is a 7 Barrows alumni) Nicky Henderson has AT LAST won a GN  :)  
  • Thanks Peanuts a nice little profit for me, backed all the others each way but Max just felt too short for e/w odds so had him on the nose. That worked out well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Peanuts. Money back and a very small profit. 

Great job. 
  • Thanks Peanuts a nice little profit for me, backed all the others each way but Max just felt too short for e/w odds so had him on the nose. That worked out well.
    Nice one. Well done that man.

• Well done Peanuts. Roll on next year!
  • edited April 13
    Well done Peanuts. Roll on next year!
    Cheers @Addick Addict
    Just wasn't to be for our fella. Don't think he'd have troubled Max even if he'd jumped off OK but he was an unlucky faller at the Chair.
    Great shame. Mr Unlucky.

EDIT - UR in fact, jumped it fine, just straight into Mahler's bum.
  • Thanks Peanuts total outlay on bets £42 won £68.60p all down to you.
    Nice one. Well done that man.

It was down to two things, my luck and your judgement. Thanks for the tips!
  • Must be the first everv National with no fallers
  • Must be the first everv National with no fallers
    Indeed and a real positive even though Coragh, after unseating Derek Fox. fell very shortly afterwards without its jockey. 
  • Got to hand it to David Maxwell.
    Must be on Cloud 9 with his 6th.
  • I won a little bit of money to afford a nice takeaway tonight thanks to @PeanutsMolloy but the Mrs will have to put the holiday brochure down for another year. Kitty’s Light! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 13
    Ok, I've taken the advice and I'm on 9 horses.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    I Am Maximus 2 wins £72
    Corach Rambler
    Mr Incredible
    Limerick lace 1 win for 10 places £3
    Kitty's Light 1 win for 6 places £10
    Galia Des Liteaux 2 wins for top 10 £29
    Roi Mage 2 wins for top 10 £30
    Glengouly
    Farouk D'Alene

Staked £120
    Won    £144

Thanks Peanuts

• Ok, I've taken the advice and I'm on 9 horses.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    I Am Maximus
    Corach Rambler
    Mr Incredible
    Limerick lace
    Kitty's Light
    Galia Des Liteaux
    Roi Mage
    Glengouly
    Farouk D'Alene

Corach Rambler could go at the first.
    Never in a million years, I say never in a million years.
  • edited April 13
    Quick scan of the first 6, the only total outlier as far as the model's concerned is Minella Indo.
    Otherwise a pleasing result for its evolving Pedigree component.
    Strongest GN starred pedigree won it.
    14 of the 32 that jumped off had 2+ Pedigree Pluses (44%).
    They contributed 1st and 2nd and 5 of the first 6 (83%).
    Season's stats are the issue - what might have been for its view of Delta Work and Galvin if they'd have run the XC and gone well?

• edited April 13
    Interesting to see that back on page 2 (24th Feb) you gave a nod to Galvin alongside others that ended up making your slip Peanuts…
  • I won a little bit of money to afford a nice takeaway tonight thanks to @PeanutsMolloy but the Mrs will have to put the holiday brochure down for another year. Kitty’s Light! 
    Kitty’s was such a dilemma with the weather.
    What might have been on better ground?
    Didn’t quite see it out on today’s going but one hell of a run.
    We’ll break the bank next year  :)
  • Well done peanuts. Brilliant thread as always. been following since January or whenever you started. Winnings will pay for the night out tonight!
  • edited April 13
    Thanks Peanuts; great thread again.  Think I am up a quid or two but my phone is out of battery so can’t check until home!
    Made it home.  Profit of £25.  Given I don't have a clue what I am doing that is all down to peanuts.  Thank you sir.
  • Legendary thread this, as ever. Made a penny on I Am Maximus at 16s thanks to the big dog. @PeanutsMolloy what is your charity of choice? IJF?
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Legendary thread this, as ever. Made a penny on I Am Maximus at 16s thanks to the big dog. @PeanutsMolloy what is your charity of choice? IJF?
    LOL.
    Cheers @PaddyP17
    You’re too kind. Don’t have any doubt you’d have done very well today with or without my musings.
    IJF is great. Thank you.
    All the best.