Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand National 2024

Comments

• Today's selections for me:

1.45 - Chianti Classico @ 5s

2.20 - Uncle Bert @ 20s; Champagne Twist @ 15/2

2.55 - no bet, looks like the top two in the market

3.30 - Pic d’Orhy @ 5s

4.05 - Francky du Berlais @ 33s; Arizona Cardinal @ 14s; Frero Banbou @ 14s

4.40 - Shanagh Bob @ 10/3

5.15 - Skycutter @ 11/1; Eagles Reign @ 9/1

• Is everyone getting this?

Yes. It also applies to Oddschecker greyhound site. No way am I paying a tenner a month for information I can access for free elsewhere. 
    Bye bye Oddschecker. 
  • On the greyhound forum I use some one has suggested that Oddschecker are charging the £10 to carry on providing the tips of Andy Holding and co. 

It's disappeared and back to normal atm.
  • My fourth choice for the GN .. 'Adamantly Chosen' ..W Mullins trained, decent Jock, but mostly cos I like the name
  • Betfred, Livescorebet & Bestway now paying 7 places.
    Best odds with Betfred.

• edited April 12
    Is everyone getting this?

I think they are trying to operate a paywall after so many visits but you can beat it by refreshing etc. 
  • No money back offer from Bet365 this year? 
  • 1.45 Chanti Classico 
    2.20 castle des mottes
    2.55 mystic powers
    3.30 pic dorhy
    4.05 grandads cottage 
    4.40 The jukebox man
    5.15 Go Dante 

I think they are trying to operate a paywall after so many visits but you can beat it by refreshing etc. 
    Absolute cheek when they are taking money from bookmakers to advertise on there at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• No money back offer from Bet365 this year? 
    They stopped doing that last year

Absolute cheek when they are taking money from bookmakers to advertise on there at the same time.
    I imagine that they are being squeezed by the reduction in turnover and by the bookies too. 
  • edited April 12
    No wonder Limerick Lace continues to be supported her full brother's win in the opener. 
    That is some broodmare that JP and Mrs JP have and Walk In The Park looks the perfect mate.
    Mark Walsh must be champing at the bit for tomorrow. 
  • clb74 said:

seen some horror stories online about getting this lot to pay out recently 
  • FFS JP
    save some for tomorrow!!
  • Jonbon is some horse
  • Croydon said:
    clb74 said:

seen some horror stories online about getting this lot to pay out recently 
    I was worried about drawing my £250 out but went through ok
  • edited April 12
    Good luck @Addick Addict
    I have a modest e/w interest. I take it you've piled in?
  • Good luck @Addick Addict

For my sins, I have - both as a single and an E/W double with Mr Incredible. Please do blame me if it doesn't run a race!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 12
    This Topham will be a interesting comparison with that run in 2018, when Going Stick reading in the morning was 3.9 (3.6 this morning) and official going was Heavy (Soft places). Today Soft(Hvy places)

Time last year was 5m50.6s (30.6 secs slow of std).

It will be quicker than yesterday's Foxhunters - horses with less on their back, pro jocks and generally better horses -but also because the ground has dried up somewhat - BUT HOW MUCH?
  • Ugh The Topham is run over the National course as well.
    I'm definitely not watching the Grand National now.
    I'll eat my dinner instead.
  • Good luck @Addick Addict

For my sins, I have - both as a single and an E/W double with Mr Incredible. Please do blame me if it doesn't run a race!
    I'm not sure whether it emptied out or was just outpaced but, whichever it was, it should have run tomorrow instead. But then I would say that wouldn't I !!!!
  • edited April 12
    Good luck @Addick Addict

I'm not sure whether it emptied out or was just outpaced but, whichever it was, it should have run tomorrow instead. But then I would say that wouldn't I !!!!
    Outpaced I'd say. It looked like he lost his action a bit before the last - they'd already sped away from him. Maybe the jock was just felt he needed steadying before the fence as he was obviously beaten.
    I'd say the Becher is his race. Thought he jumped beautifully and the fact he stood up strong when Shaem Uparry barged into him mid-air down the run to Bechers showed he has the balance to cope with these fences. Seemed to enjoy it.
    I hope Sandy tries him again next December.
  • edited April 12
    This Topham will be a interesting comparison with that run in 2018, when Going Stick reading in the morning was 3.9 (3.6 this morning) and official going was Heavy (Soft places). Today Soft(Hvy places)

Time last year was 5m50.6s (30.6 secs slow of std).

It will be quicker than yesterday's Foxhunters - horses with less on their back, pro jocks and generally better horses -but also because the ground has dried up somewhat - BUT HOW MUCH?
    Time 5m42.9s (22.9s slow of standard)
    17 of the 24 finished

Soft (Heavy places) my arse. This is already riding like true Soft.

Some formerly eminent jocks were talking a few days ago about a 10min+ GN like 2001. That won't happen unless there is material rain tomorrow.
    In fact, if it continues dry, it will definitely be quicker than 2018's 9m40s (36 secs slow - officially Hvy(Soft)) and probably quicker than 2016's 9m29s (25s slow - Sft(Hvy)).
    Whatever the official going, if it continues to be dry, tomorrow will be riding dead for sure but like Soft(GS) IMHO.
  • edited April 12
    Did a Combination Tricast (I Am Maximus, Mr Inc & Limerick Lace) this morning.
    A modest stake to go for the jugular.
    Just in time. Price has absolutely imploded this afternoon with I Am Max vying for fav and LL now 3rd fav.
    Fuck Reds and Blues. They'll paint Liverpool Green and Gold if JP scoops the big one as well. And I'll go an help them !!
  • I know you posted your fancies on P9 PM, but does this ground change affect your predictions?
    Any chance of a full and final shout, or are your thoughts highlighted on P9 absolute?
    Much appriciated. 
  • Times may be difficult to assess tomorrow with the standing start and new siting of the first fence. 
    However it is clear that we have been hoodwinked by the weather forecasters although that could still change. I reckon good/soft or soft. 
  • Arizona Cardinal drits to 20 and solely sorts my day. That'll do
  • edited April 12
    R0TW said:
    I know you posted your fancies on P9 PM, but does this ground change affect your predictions?
    Any chance of a full and final shout, or are your thoughts highlighted on P9 absolute?
    Much appriciated. 
    Absolutely no change on:

I Am Maxmimus
    Mr Incredible
    Limerick Lace
    Roi Mage

Those are the order in which I would back them.

IF it rides more like GS (I doubt it myself, I think it will ride like a mix of Soft and GS but which will be predominant?), then:

NEGATIVES:
    • Galia wants it as soft as possible - if it dries out to GS it won't help. I've got her at 50s and won't cash out.
    • Glengouly probably would prefer it Soft as well and I have my doubts about the quality of his key piece of form. I might cash him out.
    • Pace will put more pressure on Farouk's jumping. Especially with more finishers likely, I wouldn't be so confident about him finishing Top 10.
    • Those Attritional Bets (doubles with Nassalam, Delta Work and Coko Beach) also look far less appealing and I could cash those out.
    POSITIVES:
    • The big one is Kitty's Light. If there was "Good" in the going (the true going, not the Official), especially if it started with "Good" (i.e. Good to Soft (Soft places), he is back in play IMHO as a Winning Candidate. I'd have to go back in e/w, at least now for 6 places
    • The likes of Chemical Energy (50/1 now) could also come back into play as a borderline place candidate.
    Need to mull this over some more but those are the key sensitivities.

A "full and final" shout will have to wait to the morning but those top 4 are 100% definite.