Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Robinson selling play off final shirt

Comments

• Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    I would love to have a bid on it. The hardest working player I can remember in a Charlton shirt.
    Would £300 touch the sides?
    no
    So what would? Mr font of all knowledge?
    Ok, if you're going to be like that forget I said anything 
    That really isn’t a helpful response. 

State a ballpark.  

I suspect most of us don’t have a clue what sums are being discussed. 

No thanks 
    Why forever not? Wasn’t the original post about generating interest in the shirts?
    How's he supposed to know?  Depends on how much John Robinson might sell for, and how much a buyer is willing to pay.

ROTW asked if £300 would get close, Henry and Talal have said no.  

Bizarre the things people bicker about.  If you're potentially interested and maybe want to know a price, go on the Facebook message or get hold of Dubai like he's offered on the first page?
    Well he knows that £300 wouldn’t do it so he obviously knows the ballpark. If he doesnt want to say, he could have done it a little more politely. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    I would love to have a bid on it. The hardest working player I can remember in a Charlton shirt.
    no

State a ballpark.  

No thanks 
    Why forever not? Wasn’t the original post about generating interest in the shirts?
    How's he supposed to know?  Depends on how much John Robinson might sell for, and how much a buyer is willing to pay.

Bizarre the things people bicker about.  If you're potentially interested and maybe want to know a price, go on the Facebook message or get hold of Dubai like he's offered on the first page?
    Well he knows that £300 wouldn’t do it so he obviously knows the ballpark. If he doesnt want to say, he could have done it a little more politely. 
    Maybe he wants to keep his powder dry. Why should he be expected to answer such a question just because someone has asked?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    no

State a ballpark.  

No thanks 

It's like anything really, not what it's worth but what people are prepared to pay for it.
    A good idea would be if the team from Wembley clubbed together then Robbo gave it to the museum.
    All would be happy.
    Either way, John Robinson, you're the man.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    no

State a ballpark.  

No thanks 

Maybe he wants to keep his powder dry. Why should he be expected to answer such a question just because someone has asked?
    Dont answer it in the first place then...itll take a fair chunk more than 300 notes, but the reply came across a bit wanky considerkng it was a genuine enquiry
  • Options
    It was a fair an honest answer. £300 won't touch the sides. There was nothing wanky about it. 
  • Options
    Itd be closer with an extra zero on the end, but i dont think the one word "no" answer, and "no thanks" to expanding on it was really waranted. It was clearly just an inquisitive question
  • Options
    Never post on a message board when you have had a drink B)
  • Options

• Options
    Talal said:

Shame he’s put the wrong year on the play off winners plaque 🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about putting a fund together for either the medals or shirts for the museum. It doesn’t have to be specific to Charlton Life as it’s for all Charlton fans. A bit like they do with a piece of art that should stay in a UK gallery. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

And taken them out of their boxes although he may still have those.
  • Options
    Talal said:

The playoff date on the medal doesn’t match the plaque.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Talal said:

The playoff date on the medal doesn’t match the plaque.
    Yes, but JR has probably had that done himself.

These actually look like the pitch presentation medals.

Players got two medals in 2000.  One a big shinny one on a colourful ribbon to wear around their neck which looks better on TV and a smaller, more traditional medal in a presentation box.  Will have a look to see if we have photos of Clive's medals.

We also have Shaun Newton's presentation medal from 2000 in the museum plus a spare that Chris Parkes found in a drawer at the training ground years later and gave to us that we let kids wear for photos in the museum.
  • Options
    Interested in the shirt if anyone can put me in contact with him?
  • Options
    was there ever a view on here of value? 

I was thinking £3k - £4k but may be way over?
  • Options
    I think it is so completely unique and individual that a value is almost impossible.  It will just be whatever a reasonably wealthy fan is prepared to pay in the day and could range fairly significantly I imagine.  
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Probably why it should be publicly auctioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’m no expert but I’d guess you could get the play off shirt for £1500 at the most . 
  • Options

Apparently it’s a secret that only certain posters are allowed to know 😀
  • Options
    Personally i think he'd be mad to sell them via the channels he's going through at the moment. If he sold them at a club dinner event or 'an evening with' event or something like that i think he'd make far more.

There would likely be wealthy fans who go to that type of event who probably don't even know he's selling them.
  • Options
    Personally i think he'd be mad to sell them via the channels he's going through at the moment. If he sold them at a club dinner event or 'an evening with' event or something like that i think he'd make far more.

There would likely be wealthy fans who go to that type of event who probably don't even know he's selling them.
    Agreed, an auction at a club dinner 
  • Options

I’m no expert but I’d guess you could get the play off shirt for £1500 at the most . 
    Would be a bit of a bargain, in my opinion. 

Dobson's shirt from the United game last season went for 700 quid which shows what an auction can do.
  • Options

Apparently it’s a secret that only certain posters are allowed to know 😀
    No one ‘knows’ but it is pretty obvious that £300 or whatever amount was asked, is not going to be the price. 
  • Options
    Well it looks like a real Charlton supporter living out there has got his hands on the shirt & it was delivered personally.
    Good man.
    He seems delighted not only to have the shirt but to have met his hero.
    Everyones a winner 🤩♥️
    Jonny R was always my son Rory's favorite player so to have the opportunity to meet him in person over a few beers and buy his playoff final shirt could not be passed by . . . could do with Jonny in our current Team . . . !!!  
  • Options
    Auction is always a good place to go - especially one of these charity dinners where the wine is flowing.

One of my investors went to a charity dinner for our chairman's foundation - where all kinds of sporting memorabilia was going. He got pissed and paid £10k for a pair of Usain Bolts running spikes. His wife went bat shit at him when he rolled in at 5am holding a half eaten kebab, steaming drunk, with a pair of running shoes hanging by the laces round his neck.
  • Options
    Auction is always a good place to go - especially one of these charity dinners where the wine is flowing.

One of my investors went to a charity dinner for our chairman's foundation - where all kinds of sporting memorabilia was going. He got pissed and paid £10k for a pair of Usain Bolts running spikes. His wife went bat shit at him when he rolled in at 5am holding a half eaten kebab, steaming drunk, with a pair of running shoes hanging by the laces round his neck.
    Ouch!!

These went for £900