Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Robinson selling play off final shirt

If it interests anyone, he's posted this on the international Facebook group.

Comments

• Options
    Be good for the museum? @Henry Irving
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, let me know and I can put you directly in contact with John
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I hope someone wedged up buys it and gives it back to him.
    Depends if he's selling it for financial reasons (admittedly I suspect so), or he's just having a clear out - wasn't he working in the US a fair bit?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I hope someone wedged up buys it and gives it back to him.
    Depends if he's selling it for financial reasons (admittedly I suspect so), or he's just having a clear out - wasn't he working in the US a fair bit?
    He was working in the middle east scouting for us for a while I think.
  • Options
    Seems quite sad that he's selling something so memorable, both to him, his teammates and fans alike.

Obviously I don't know the reason but I hope its not to make a fast buck as IMHO it devalues the whole experience.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If anyone is interested, let me know and I can put you directly in contact with John
    I’d be interested depending on what John is looking for
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I hope someone wedged up buys it and gives it back to him to the museum

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems quite sad that he's selling something so memorable, both to him, his teammates and fans alike.

Obviously I don't know the reason but I hope its not to make a fast buck as IMHO it devalues the whole experience.
    You obviously didn't read the post before yours...
  • Options

Generally you wouldn't tend to sell something like this unless you really needed to.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

I would be interested.
  • Options
    I hope he’s selling it for nice reasons rather than sad. Broke my heart when Mendonca sold what must have been treasured items.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 
    It’s bizarre that you should think it so? Do you not hold sentiment and memory as a value?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 
    It’s bizarre that you should think it so? Do you not hold sentiment and memory as a value?
    It’s bizarre you’d suggest the possibility of there being anything untoward in his decision to sell what must be very important items. 
  • Options
    What’s the estimated price?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 
    It’s bizarre you’d suggest the possibility of there being anything untoward in his decision to sell what must be very important items. 
    I don’t think I’ve said anything of the kind, I said, I obviously I don’t know the reason.

It’s amazing how some can turn everything into an argument, seeing things that are not there?

That Play Off final holds much emotional sentiment for me and I cherish the fact that I was there to witness one of the best games of football that involved our club and I’m ever likely to see, how often can we say that? 

I’ve still got a lot of memorabilia of that day and wouldn’t throw it out, the sentiment is important to me but clearly not others it seems.

Even though the players may not of been boyhood Charlton fans I would have thought the game would have emotional sentiment for them too but perhaps not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 
    I don’t think I’ve said anything of the kind, I said, I obviously I don’t know the reason.

It’s amazing how some can turn everything into an argument, seeing things that are not there?

That Play Off final holds much emotional sentiment for me and I cherish the fact that I was there to witness one of the best games of football that involved our club and I’m ever likely to see, how often can we say that? 

I’ve still got a lot of memorabilia of that day and wouldn’t throw it out, the sentiment is important to me but clearly not others it seems.

Even though the players may not of been boyhood Charlton fans I would have thought the game would have emotional sentiment for them too but perhaps not.
    Do you know ‘fast buck’ means? If he’s held onto these items for this long I think it’s fair to assume he’s selling them now because he has to,  rather than to make “Money quickly and/or without effort, often through dishonest, unscrupulous, or ethically dubious means” 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 

He's had the shirt for 25 years, I doubt he's suddenly thought this takes up way too much room in the wardrobe. 
    Hopefully @off_it's suggestion is what happens and it gets loaned to the museum for him to buy back one day. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 

Do you know ‘fast buck’ means? If he’s held onto these items for this long I think it’s fair to assume he’s selling them now because he has to,  rather than to make “Money quickly and/or without effort, often through dishonest, unscrupulous, or ethically dubious means” 
    Fuck me, some people! 

It’s your choice to be offended and hyper vigilant?

When no offence was intended, it’s an expression, you don’t have to jump on everything, making assumptions, judgements and to take it literally, you have no idea what I was thinking at the time? I was thinking about sentiment.

I imagine you’re a member of the grammar police, as well?

• Options
    Does anyone know how much he wants for each shirt, or have a ball park idea of what the going rate would be?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Guys, let's just let it lie eh, we all know the shirts will be memorable to John, so  sad, but let's not make assumptions as to reasoning regarding the sale...
  • Options
    Guys, let's just let it lie eh, we all know the shirt would be memorable to John, so  sad, but let's not make assumptions as to reasoning regarding the sale...
    How dare you assume gender…

(joke)
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Bizarre 

Fuck me, some people! 

It’s your choice to be offended and hyper vigilant?

When no offence was intended, it’s an expression, you don’t have to jump on everything, making assumptions, judgements and to take it literally, you have no idea what I was thinking at the time? I was thinking about sentiment.

I imagine you’re a member of the grammar police, as well?

I’m not offended in the slightest, it just seemed a bizarre choice of words to aim at a club hero, of course it’s an expression, like most, with a meaning. 

If that isn’t how you meant it, fair enough.  
  • Options
    It’s a fairly recent phenomenon that footballers are rich and stay rich.
    Most of those who played in our early prem days still have to hold down a job to pay the bills.
    Whilst it’s very sad he has to part with things we, as fans, think are beyond value. I completely understand why he chooses to.

C’est la vie.