Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Blackpool | Saturday 7th October 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    if we can get the first....we can forge ahead
    if they score first- bit trickier
    Stunning analysis!
    Got plenty more of this since you like it!
  • Options
    A must win
    I expect I am being wooshed here, but as much as we'd all like a win this is about as far from a 'must' as a competitive fixture can get. Win, lose or draw and we'll still be mid table and there'll still be seven months of the season left.
  • Options
    Its not a must win but we are only missing a couple of players now who would probably be starters  - camara and edun - so i think today will be a good barometer of where our squad is at - a good convincing win today and i think we start looking like genuine promotion contenders -  a struggle and a defeat and we go back to the drawing board. I think we will win and we leave the ground buzzing and excited about the season - looking forward to it - COYR!!!
  • Options
    How many games does Dobbo have to go before the risk of a ban ends?
  • Options
    Every game is a must win, otherwise why bother to turn up and play it.

• Options
    Made a sort of last minute decision to come today. Can anyone tell me if I'll have any hassle bringing a backpack into the ground. Can't see anything on the website saying whether you can or cannot bring them in. 
  • Options
    Depends what's in the backpack. Stewards will have a look though.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    Made a sort of last minute decision to come today. Can anyone tell me if I'll have any hassle bringing a backpack into the ground. Can't see anything on the website saying whether you can or cannot bring them in. 
    Iirc, it depends on whether you have a pencil case in there
  • Options
    Given our defensive frailties and resurgent attack I can't see this being goaless. 0-0.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    Shouldn't be a problem but the security guys on the gates will inspect it before you go in and add a coloured band to it to denote it's been checked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hi 
    hi quick question re parking round the valley , can you still park in eastcoombe ave ?
    and if not are there any pay and display sections . The info on Greenwich borough site is pants.
  • Options
    The boys are buzzing- 3-1 addicks 
  • Options
    3-1 win with a late consolation for the Seasiders. 

May, Hector and Leaburn for us. 
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options

If every game is a must win what’s the point of the saying ? 
  • Options
    Interesting test for MA today. Will he start with four out and out attacking players again? Personally I hope he doesn’t, much as it is quite exciting. 
    Would also like to see at least Alfie left up on the half way line when the opposition has a corner. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    How many games does Dobbo have to go before the risk of a ban ends?
    19 games for 5 yellows. So far only 10 games played
  • Options
    Too much optimism here 
    being a cuntrarian I’m thinking it’s 1-1 or 1-2 
    Our defence/ keeper aren’t as good as we’d like 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

If every game is a must win what’s the point of the saying ? 
    No point at all unless it’s at or near the end of the season and the outcome of the match actually decides something one way or another 
  • Options
    Could someone please advise me on where to park for the game today, coming from Orpington. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With our well stocked striker ranks at the moment, it wouldn't have been a disaster if Alfie had picked up a 5th booking midweek and missed today's game. 

Knowing sod's law, it'll happen when Chuks and Miles are injured.
  • Options
    Too much optimism here 
    being a cuntrarian I’m thinking it’s 1-1 or 1-2 
    Our defence/ keeper aren’t as good as we’d like 
    Yet another person blaming our defence/keeper on us not being able to score a piffling 2 or 3 goals ;) 
  • Options
    Let’s hope we don’t make it difficult for ourselves by conceding a stupid early goal of our own making, be nice wouldn’t it?
  • Options
    One change. Leaburn in for Aneke
  • Options
    I’m really looking forward to today I think it will be a good marker of where we are in terms of promotion chances I know there are still a lot of games to go but Blackpool will be there or there about sat the end I think

i can see a few goals today 3-2 Alfie with another brace CBT with the other